Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Test Builds

Joystick response curves

<< < (10/11) > >>

Achillion:
Yeah, JoystickGremlin is probably a much better option.  Much better than testing a build from 2014.

Achillion:
I think I found it.  Here's a Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cxDawhH3DH40kZgIdosCTJybCnxWCUqO
Pretty sure it's the right one:

--- Code: ---❯ strings fs2_open_3_7_1_SDL.exe | grep curves
-joystick_curves
-joystick_curves
Changes the joystick axis gain curves

--- End code ---

Modification date matches the thread creation date (well, it's one day after), so I'm confident I found the right one :)

--- Code: ---❯ ll fs2_open_3_7_1_SDL.exe
-rw-rw---- 1 achilleas storageaccess 5.3M 2014-05-04 13:49 fs2_open_3_7_1_SDL.exe

--- End code ---

rhraziel:
Thanks so much Achillion! Yeah, I used Copy back and the day and had totally forgotten about it until I saw those links. hah. I did take a look at Joystick Gremlin but I didn't like the prospect of rebinding all the buttons to a virtual joystick then rebinding everything in game. I may end up just biting the bullet and doing it.

jr2:

--- Quote from: Achillion on July 04, 2019, 04:30:24 pm ---
--- Quote from: rhraziel on July 04, 2019, 03:04:41 pm ---Does anyone have an updated link to the Windows build? The links in the original post are broken. I wanted to try out these joystick curves.

--- End quote ---

So I have good news and bad news about this.

The good news is I'm a bit of a digital hoarder, so there's good chance I'll be able to dig it out of some ancient backup.

The bad news is I'm a bit of a digital hoarder, so it's going to take a while to look and there's probably going to be a few dozen files with that filename.

I was amused to see I put it on Copy.  I haven't thought about that service in YEARS.  I'll get back to you with results.

--- End quote ---

I am as well. Let me introduce you to your new best friend: VoidTools' Everything.  Searches as you type, by the time you finish typing, the results are up.  There's a portable version as well if you wish.  First-time indexing takes a few seconds to a minute.

Achillion:

--- Quote from: jr2 on July 05, 2019, 06:58:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: Achillion on July 04, 2019, 04:30:24 pm ---
--- Quote from: rhraziel on July 04, 2019, 03:04:41 pm ---Does anyone have an updated link to the Windows build? The links in the original post are broken. I wanted to try out these joystick curves.

--- End quote ---

So I have good news and bad news about this.

The good news is I'm a bit of a digital hoarder, so there's good chance I'll be able to dig it out of some ancient backup.

The bad news is I'm a bit of a digital hoarder, so it's going to take a while to look and there's probably going to be a few dozen files with that filename.

I was amused to see I put it on Copy.  I haven't thought about that service in YEARS.  I'll get back to you with results.

--- End quote ---

I am as well. Let me introduce you to your new best friend: VoidTools' Everything.  Searches as you type, by the time you finish typing, the results are up.  There's a portable version as well if you wish.  First-time indexing takes a few seconds to a minute.

--- End quote ---

The problem was I didn't know the exact file name (no idea which version it was back then), so I had to find all files that matched fs2_open*.exe and then I had to make sure it was actually the one I built back then.  I made do with good old find, strings, and grep.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version