Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Cross-Platform Development

FS2 on arm

<< < (2/3) > >>

chief1983:
Is this in a most recent trunk revision?  RC4 and trunk up until recently had an apparently really bad sound bug in the beam panning code that was causing seg faults on OpenBSD.  Or we could be doing something else similarly silly there causing this issue.  We should be able to get that issue addressed if it's not already.

Edit:  On IRC we discussed that it looks like the error happens with data malloc'd and free'd in the OpenAL code itself.  Are you running the latest OpenAL Soft for Fedora 21?  Seems to be 1.16.0-3.fc21 from my research.

Steel01:
Everything I've done in this thread has been from trunk. Easier for me to work out of a version control tree and all. This last trace was from a debug build built from a tree updated earlier today. I haven't played much on my desktop lately (read few months), so I cant say right now if I'm affected by that bug. Next time I have a few minutes at that machine (and not just remoting in), I can check.

Steel01

chief1983:
Dang, you replied before I could save my edit.  Please read the last addendum to my previous post :)

Steel01:
Heh, just that quick. ;)

Yes, that's correct. No fancy hardware to get hardware acceleration here.

Steel01

Echelon9:
That ASan trace looks like the bug is within a system library (/lib64/libopenal.so.1). If so, not something we can directly fix in the FS2Open code, unless we deliberately hack around that feature for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version