Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Cross-Platform Development

Cross-platform tool support

<< < (2/3) > >>

niffiwan:
pretty sure the latest PCS2 uses wxWidgets 3 now, compiles & runs on Linux but has a few issues with displaying turret firepoints IIRC. Not sure if that's a Linux only issue or not.

macinlew:
As a beginning macOS programmer would this be something I could help with? I’m certainly willing to try.

chief1983:
There are lots of places we could use help in polishing the macOS experience.  Just having another developer to take a look at any mac specific bugs that crop up can be nice.  We also have some tasks we would still like to accomplish such as getting macs moved to using an openal-soft framework instead of the default openal.framework.  We could use some help with any of the support apps on Mac too, including wxlauncher, pcs2, and knossos.  If you have any experience with cmake, especially mac peculiarities, that could be helpful.  That's all I can think of right now.  Probably more.  Oh yeah, if you have an interest in openal, there are still some mac graphics issues.

jg18:

--- Quote from: chief1983 on March 13, 2017, 09:10:48 pm ---*snip*

Oh yeah, if you have an interest in openal, there are still some mac graphics issues.

--- End quote ---
chief undoubtedly meant OpenGL. OpenAL is the audio library. :)

It's especially great to hear from a macOS coder; they're hard to come by. :yes:

EDIT: Correction.

chief1983:
Yes I meant opengl, my phone apparently autocorrects it though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version