Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Scripting Workshop

Execute EXE file on computer while playing

<< < (2/4) > >>

m!m:

--- Quote from: The E on October 21, 2017, 08:34:58 am ---The answer is simple. Just use

--- Code: ---os.execute("Your command here")
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately, that will not work. FSO disables that command for security reasons but I guess a command line option could be added to allow using those functions.

The E:
Right.

AdmiralRalwood:
Why can't you just have an autohotkey script running concurrently that detects something scripts can do?

coffeesoft:

--- Quote ---Unfortunately, that will not work. FSO disables that command for security reasons but I guess a command line option could be added to allow using those functions.
--- End quote ---

:(  out of curiosity, wich reasons ?, i mean, Can we format our HDs while playing ?  :D

--- Quote ---Why can't you just have an autohotkey script running concurrently that detects something scripts can do?
--- End quote ---

I donĀ“t know how to communicate both scripts, my knowledge about this is very limited....

jr2:
Can't you pass messages to scripts somehow?  I mean, a quick Google turned up this (topic is Lua scripting and AHK):  https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/6894-running-another-program-then-retrieving-a-value/

At the worst, maybe you could alter the contents of the file, and have AHK poll that file?

But I think the other guys here will have much better ways of implementing whatever you're wanting to accomplish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version