Community Projects > The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project

RELEASE: Sol: A History Upgraded

<< < (24/25) > >>

MXV:
Hello,

First off, i'd like to expres my appreciation for the upgrade!

Its definitely an improvement over the first take. Especially since all factions now have their own set of new ships and researched technology.
The story definitely improved now too.

I did however came across some issues regarding some of the models.

The mod is unable to load the most recent models of the Fenris and the Orion. But the Leviathan has that first upgraded model (The Fenris reskin in blue).
I've also had some instances that the model of the Posideon showed its most basic LOD. This looked quite weird next to the high-poly  Arcadia in mission 2
Also the Textures for the Majesty majesty seem to be missing except for a few. So it looks quite silly when you meet the ship for the first time.

I don't know if everyone is having the same issues or its because something is wrong with my files or settings. But i thought i'd shoot a message.

Admiral Nelson:
This version of SAH does use the older models, yes.  There is a WIP version I have that uses the newer ones, but it also requires all the new Inferno ships Nyctaeus has made.  As the Inferno upgrade which contains those new models is not yet released, I can't release that upgraded version at this time.  I'd say the older Fenris and Leviathan can be compared favorably to the older Inferno models.  Whenever the revised Inferno Nostos is releaed I will release the upgrade to the upgrade.

CapellaGoBoom:
Saw something strange in SAH which I have never seen before...after the latest update to the mod I found some visual glitches I have never seen before...the draw distance on ship models are out of wack. The ships would "morph" into view as I closed distance on them. Not sure how else to describe what I saw. I have a debug which I hope helps out...

https://fsnebula.org/log/62151a950f8040ec1e784da6

Admiral Nelson:
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 21.3.0.20210813_47f84846e

Not sure what exactly that is, but you shouldn't play SAH with a nightly build.  I haven't updated it in quite a while now so it would not need one.

CapellaGoBoom:

--- Quote from: Admiral Nelson on February 22, 2022, 11:43:01 am ---FreeSpace 2 Open version: 21.3.0.20210813_47f84846e

Not sure what exactly that is, but you shouldn't play SAH with a nightly build.  I haven't updated it in quite a while now so it would not need one.

--- End quote ---

I see... thanks for the advice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version