Author Topic: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.3.5  (Read 378472 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.2.1
I meant openal soft, we should probably just switch to that at this point.  Or whatever the preference is.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Another question...

So, I've got

Code: [Select]
URL
mixhaipro.com/downloads/bta
file.7z
file2.7z
file3.yz

However, I want to add a mirror. I was planning on just directlinking to mediafire.. this will direct download BTA1_Core.7z.

Except those don't exist in a simple link where you can just append the file name at the end.

I would need mediafire.com/mfkbemw35akg/j191k0pfr3i5nj9/ for Core, mediafire.com/66uid32r431g/959n8k7uc42tjbj/ for Advanced, etc.

What's the correct sytax for that or is it even possible?

Can I...

URL
file.7z
file2.7z
file3.yz
URL
mediafire.com/mfkbemw35akg/j191k0pfr3i5nj9/
file.7z
URL
mediafire.com/66uid32r431g/959n8k7uc42tjbj/
file2.7z
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hrm.  My first impression was that this isn't possible, but on further reflection, I think you would be able to do it this way...

MULTIURL
mediafire.com/mfkbemw35akg/j191k0pfr3i5nj9/
ENDMULTI
file.7z
MULTIURL
mediafire.com/66uid32r431g/959n8k7uc42tjbj/
ENDMULTI
file2.7z

...etc.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Nope, that doesn't work! Causes the installer to crash even before it finishes the check for OpenAL.

2016-09-26 17:02:35,211 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading from http://www.mixhaipro.com/fso/downloads/Between%20The%20Ashes/bta.txt to local file C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\fsoinstaller_mod3969432027173608919.tmp
2016-09-26 17:02:35,211 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Connector - Opening connection to URL: http://www.mixhaipro.com/fso/downloads/Between%20The%20Ashes/bta.txt
2016-09-26 17:02:35,317 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Connector - Opening connection to URL: http://www.mixhaipro.com/fso/downloads/Between%20The%20Ashes/bta.txt
2016-09-26 17:02:35,368 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening connection to file...
2016-09-26 17:02:35,368 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Connector - Opening connection to URL: http://www.mixhaipro.com/fso/downloads/Between%20The%20Ashes/bta.txt
2016-09-26 17:02:35,369 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Checking if the file is up to date...
2016-09-26 17:02:35,369 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Opening input and output streams...
2016-09-26 17:02:35,421 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - output file: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\fsoinstaller_mod3969432027173608919.tmp
2016-09-26 17:02:35,422 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Downloading...
2016-09-26 17:02:35,423 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Download complete
2016-09-26 17:02:35,423 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing output stream...
2016-09-26 17:02:35,426 [SwingWorker-pool-2076377503-thread-1] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - Closing input stream...
2016-09-26 17:02:35,462 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.utils.ProgressBarDialog - Disposing ProgressBarDialog...
2016-09-26 17:02:35,482 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.utils.ProgressBarDialog - Completed task: 'Setting up the installer...'
2016-09-26 17:02:35,482 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.utils.ProgressBarDialog - The task aborted due to an exception!
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fsoinstaller.common.BaseURL.validateURL(BaseURL.java:85)
at com.fsoinstaller.common.BaseURL.<init>(BaseURL.java:67)
at com.fsoinstaller.common.InstallerNodeFactory.handleToken(InstallerNodeFactory.java:183)
at com.fsoinstaller.common.InstallerNodeFactory.readNodeSub(InstallerNodeFactory.java:104)
at com.fsoinstaller.common.InstallerNodeFactory.readNode(InstallerNodeFactory.java:62)
at com.fsoinstaller.utils.IOUtils.readInstallFile(IOUtils.java:114)
at com.fsoinstaller.wizard.SuperValidationTask.call(SuperValidationTask.java:409)
at com.fsoinstaller.wizard.SuperValidationTask.call(SuperValidationTask.java:61)
at com.fsoinstaller.utils.ProgressBarDialog$1$1.doInBackground(ProgressBarDialog.java:144)
at com.fsoinstaller.utils.ProgressBarDialog$1$1.doInBackground(ProgressBarDialog.java:149)
at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2016-09-26 17:02:35,485 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.wizard.ConfigPage - Disposing active JFrame 'InstallerGUI'...
2016-09-26 17:02:35,577 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.main.FreeSpaceOpenInstaller - Main window was closed...
2016-09-26 17:02:35,577 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.main.FreeSpaceOpenInstaller - Asking the executor service to shut down...
2016-09-26 17:02:35,577 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG com.fsoinstaller.main.FreeSpaceOpenInstaller - All tasks should now be shut down.
2016-09-26 17:02:35,577 [FreeSpaceOpenInstaller-shutdownHook] INFO  com.fsoinstaller.main.FreeSpaceOpenInstaller - Entered shutdown hook!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, phooey, I thought that would work.  And even if it didn't work, it shouldn't have caused an exception.  Can you PM me that modified text file so I can run some tests?

Quick question, is it possible to force FS Open Installer to use a specific language (different from the system language)? Currently writing up a Steam guide for a proper FS Open setup when using the Steam version and I would like to take some English screenshots.

Also, one more vote for OpenAL Soft support! ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:29:23 am by ShadowOwl »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Goober, I believe sites like media fire use their direct download URL as a referrer of sorts to generate the actual, unique download link.  You could maybe check an open-sourced Java download manager like FreeRapid Downloader that specializes in downloading those to see how they process that.  If that doesn't help, sorry for butting in.  :warp:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Quick question, is it possible to force FS Open Installer to use a specific language (different from the system language)? Currently writing up a Steam guide for a proper FS Open setup when using the Steam version and I would like to take some English screenshots.

Also, one more vote for OpenAL Soft support! ;)

You can launch the Installer this way, e.g. for French...
java -Duser.language=fr -jar FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar
Regarding OpenAL, the Installer uses oalinst.exe which is hosted at the same site the Installer stores its mod repository.  It can easily be changed.

Goober, I believe sites like media fire use their direct download URL as a referrer of sorts to generate the actual, unique download link.  You could maybe check an open-sourced Java download manager like FreeRapid Downloader that specializes in downloading those to see how they process that.  If that doesn't help, sorry for butting in.  :warp:

I will take a look.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Using MediaFire isn't a huge deal... I just noticed that every once in a while a download from my server fails and I'm not sure why. Would be handy to have another mirror up for each of the files and thought MediaFire would be a decent enough backup even if not ideal. If someone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
You could try FreespaceFiles? http://sectorgame.com/fsfiles/?dir=
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The FreeRapid downloader includes an absolutely yuge number of plugins, interpreters, and special mechanisms to allow downloads from all those sites.  The hoops you have to jump through range from PHP parsing to CAPTCHAs to web page interaction.  It would be far too much of a hassle to add even a small fraction of it into the FSO Installer.

MediaFire uses one-time key generation, PHP redirecting, and CAPTCHAs, none of which can be handled by the Installer.  Most widely-used file-sharing sites are unfortunately not going to provide a bot-friendly way to download files.

I always forget about FreeSpaceFiles, but I do think that would work.  It would be nice to divide up the mirrors instead of relying on FSMods for everything.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Fsmods and freespacefiles are different I believe, fsmods has nothing to do with sectorgame to my ledge.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, that's what I meant by dividing up the mirrors - dissimilar redundancy in file downloading.  FSMods allows hotlinking, and IIRC FSFiles does too.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I've edited the third post in this thread to list a number of file hosting options offered by the HLP community.  A new option was offered by capricorn1971ad in just the last day or so.  If anyone would like to add a mirror, please PM me and I'll put it on the list.

Offline capricorn1971ad

• Banned
you should use it as a master backup for now, what you put up i will back up.

looks like you have persons that are ready to get stuff up (seeing the post by mjn.mixael and knowing they aren't alone).

I actually have another site that will go under in 3 - 5 months, but i figured the 35 month was more ideal to start on, as you could use it as a master repository, and i think FSMods is failing, so you needed this yesterday really.

you can put up everything you want, there's no limit to space.
and when you do you have somewhere to retrieve it from, it isn't a permanent solution (35 months) but it is the most reliable.

everything over 120 megs at FSMods is pretty much toast, i hope you have it all backed up.
that's why i really want to see this started, before you lose all your files, FSMods is not working right.

need to prepare for a mass exodus from FSMods to hold onto your files, seriously.

I will help you sort this out later, but for now one massive vault of all the data would be best, whats more is i could actually help you upload it elsewhere once you get it all uploaded, so in the end this is needed really, that folder is your personal master archive for the next 35 months, unless you find another home for it in the meantime, but FSMods is failing, and you gotta start moving, before it is too late, if it isn't already.

if you want, i can make a FSMods folder and start uploading stuff as i retrieve it, but anything over 120 megs is giving me problems, so if there are others that have some of the larger files that can upload it you should find them and we'll set them up with access to upload.

some of the older files need converted to 7z, like cow.exe (Exe's aren't good for archives really).

I been sitting here contemplating what I could do to help you, that's about the best i can figure at this point really.
is to set the files in there with a HTML file explaining what each is and where it came from (the files details page).

this is why you NEVER use a MySql database to hold uploads BTW, FTP doesn't corrupt the same, any little quirk in the schema and it is game over, your about there with FSMods.

Offline capricorn1971ad

• Banned
I just started getting your first batch of files on my end here on my laptop (I have a full TB, no need to worry), the 1.8 GB file took about 4 minutes, its coming in really quick.

should use it for a master archive, then shoot off to both of them in need (like too many requests at the same time), would probably run quicker, i think this will work perfectly for you.

do you want to edit the index of shall i just PM you asking whats what exactly?
i think the picture looks better centered as well.

do you have a fsoinstaller image with a embedded url?
maybe that would make it look better on the side, and help anyone finding it back to the installer.

Did I tell you I am related to Little Turtle?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Turtle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Clair%27s_Defeat

the DL speed is really good though on my end, and i am in a Starbucks.
When it is complete i will put it onto a thumb for storage, if you do use it as a master archive.

it would also allow the guy with FSmods to move the account somewhere better, without incurring a bunch of expense, if he can let the database go for more secure storage, if he did the same as I am then between the two of us the DL would be even faster than it is right now off of my host, and it is coming in fast. Costs 72$ for a 3 year agreement, best to buy your domain through a outside register, or someone you will never rent webspace from. But we would need to move everything from there to here first so he could even consider it, then if we can get the third guy to do the same.. would be incredibly fast, secure too with 3 copies up.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Capricorn, I removed your mirror from the third post of the thread, since its long-term availability is no longer certain, per our PM conversation.

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Did this ever get retail disc compatibility? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you could point the installer at your FS2 directory, but the first post says that's still on the wish list.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Did this ever get retail disc compatibility? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you could point the installer at your FS2 directory, but the first post says that's still on the wish list.
The ability for the FSO Installer to use the discs to install FS2 is on the wishlist, but if you already have an FS2 folder from whatever source (whether it's from the discs, GOG, or Steam), you can point the FSO Installer at it.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Correct.  Using the Installer to install FS2 from the discs hasn't been a high priority because so few people have requested it.  On the other hand, quite a lot of people install FS2 from Steam or GoG.