Author Topic: Inferno FAQ Thread  (Read 215233 times)

Offline Gene

Will the final version have voices?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Most likely not.

You could actually edit that yourself. Just extract the Vanilla Explosion Files from the FS2 VP's and put them in you data/effects folder.
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Have you guys given thought to using Starman's advanced sentry guns in Inferno?
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,27638.0.html

I know you said previously that you weren't using sentry guns, but his designs (especially the Shivan one) look very Inferno-esque.

EDIT: The pictures seem to be down in that thread.  Here's the thread on Sectorgame...
http://www.sectorgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1257

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Goober5000
Have you guys given thought to using Starman's advanced sentry guns in Inferno?

Don't know probably not since we already have sentry guns.

I'm playing around with Bobboaus HTL Orion right now ;7

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Okay, maybe I misremembered slightly...
Originally posted by Woomeister
We have several sentry guns, except for the Shivans.
Shivans should still have sentry guns IMO.  And Starman's Shivan sentry gun looks the best of the three, so that's why I suggested it.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Shivan sentries were mostly used to guard cargo depots, which we don't plan on using for the Shivans. We don't have any missions (so far at least) requiring Shivan sentries.

The Terrans have 2 guns and a rotating RBC
The Vasudans only have 1 new gun
The EA have a multi-type platform

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Originally posted by Woomeister
Shivan sentries were mostly used to guard cargo depots, which we don't plan on using for the Shivans...

I think i remember you making a mega-freighter for the Shivans. i suppose you'll be using them. Failing that, the Gigas has room :lol:

I really liked the idea of the Shivans building depots and repair bases (they did it in Deneb on FS1 in support of the Lucifer fleet), it made you realise you were fighting more than just mindless animals (like other human V alien shows), you were fighting another race that could think and strategise.

Still, i suppose the Gigas has all that sort of stuff on board (sort of like the motherships on Homeworld 2)

...and a rotating RBC...

YES!!! No more slaving away trying to get the RBC's to aim right!! :yes2::):yes:
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by T-Man

YES!!! No more slaving away trying to get the RBC's to aim right!! :yes2::):yes:

You still need to point it in the right direction, but if the target passes the RBC, it can turn around to retarget it.

The Shivans in FS1 needed those depots because they were pushing deep into Terran and Vasudan space, the Shivan fleet in INF has a very specific target. Once the Gigas arrives the Shivan fleet would act in a supporting role, letting the Gigas do the pushing through the GTVA and EA lines.
Since the Shivans wouldn't be holding territory creating depots wouldn't be as good an idea this time, since the supplies would be always moving towards the front lines.
The Iksura can store quite a bit of stuff too, and its best to keep those things moving due to their size, being ambushed in a depot wouldn't be a good idea for those :)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I agree with the Shivans and their cargo, but i'm confused about the RBC.

Is it a turret on a platform? I had it in my head it was a single structure (like the old RBC) that could turn on the spot.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
yeah it's a regular RBC that can turn.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Shivan nodes you'll encounter will be guarded, just not by sentries. The Shivans have some nasty pieces of work for intruders :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Nah no node collapsing ending. We might collapse nodes, but not to end the campaign ;)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
A quick upgrade for Shivan sentries, would be to take the Belial and add a turret on top of the red glow-dot at the center, and put a AAA beam there.  Now that's a nasty sentry.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That would be true evil.

On a different note, I suppose you all won't object if I do *swipes all the Ancients stuff out of R1* this?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

That's a problem, yes.  It's solved by taking out the turrets themselves.  Then, it doesn't matter how accurate they are.

Stilettos are your friend.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by ngtm1r
On a different note, I suppose you all won't object if I do *swipes all the Ancients stuff out of R1* this?

No objections :p

Can we swipe ships that have been dropped from the Inferno lineup, such as the Eheros?
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

As a general rule, as long as you ask, or give credit to the original creators of anything we've used in the mod, you can use it for your own campaigns.