Author Topic: Updating R1  (Read 47135 times)

I have fixed 1/2 of all of the LoadOut 640x480 Artwork. Probabily I ended it tomorrow, then make a Backup, and see if I can activate the $Anim at the ShipLoadOut for Shivans Ships, well that I can, but I need to see if I don't get the Textures of the "player_ship" invisible......

Red Beam (like the Blue, same quantity of Colours, but Red). Ups...I forget to say it, I have erased all of the 4th Section of the Beams, there are now 3 Sections as much, the Beam you're seeing here and the Blue one have 3 only. The only thing I can think a 4th Section could be used would be for circular Lightning Effect (like the bgarg), but with more quality, and in diagonal, simulating a 3D effect, that it hides up backwards and appear in the lower front, mixing it with some good Flicker, to make it appear like Lighting enveloping the whole Beam

Weirdness:

The Icelus (Hecate 2), I would ruin the screenshot marking the DocTileA that I replaced, but since I prefer to not, for reference it's the yellow Texture, and the SoupTile1 is the one used in the Flak Turrets, and Beam Turrets:

The Nemesis, with TurretAngleFix:

Another ViewPoint Angle:

I give priority not really to aspect and simetry, but to SubSystems Locations, specilly Weapons and Engines, however the FighterBay is top priority. The Flak Turrets are 45ยบ as much to every uncovered side and incoming bomb that comes from the sides, upper area is, that's why those 2 smaller turrets aren't pointing perfectly forward.
If an attack comes by the upper area or lower or back (not sides, and not fronts), them I would believe you're the one attacked, or you're a GTVA Commander or a GTVA High-range leading an attack. Well, in any case you're in the wrong place to be the one at the offensive, so, yes the Turrets should not be by really pointed that way, because if you were ambushed, then you aren't expecting the enemy by that side. (until you're ambushed by a GTVA Commander or a GTVA High-range leading an attack).

The goal is to not let an uncovered side, I mean a sign saying "Here, Weak Spot", something like the SJ Sathanas Rear-down Area. Of course there will be always a nontargetable-point, because there are no turrets there or, mostly always located by the engine side. (Yes, I noticed some Models don't really have Flaks in the Lower Side of the Ship, this seems to be legacy of the GTVA desing). The SOF Orc is an excellent example, it's covered not only simetrical but in every side and part (lower and upper)

-----------------------------------------------------------

I added Lightspeed Weapons, I didn't really want to trow away another people effort (yes, I would have ended what he already did, some shivan weapons to balance variety in species weapons), for use with Shivans, of course I don't modify the Default PBanks, but they will be there for testing, the Tractor Weapons are interesting, in Inferno there are already but not for use in player_ships

Should I add the @ to an added weapon $Name: , it's not breaking anything and it's not making any error. But I still don't understand what's really the @ making there in selectable weapons ??

EDIT HERE: (yes, again...)

It seems that I can't find any program to make a *.VP. Quick VP works really weird, and I can't download VP Mage because the link is broken at the SCP Website, do someone know an alternative program or another link to VP Mage ?

It seems that the -str for the stars work OK for both FS2 and FRED 2 releases, but it makes crash both of the Debug Builds, I don't know what to do with this, maybe it is my error, but maybe it is a CVS, I think I'll let it there, so if someone want to run a Debug Build, just take it out, or rename it to stars.tbl

--------------------------------

I need opinions here:

What do you think of making "Cruiser Torpedo" (ctorp.pof) with the Flag "bomb", I mean, to make it targetable, I am starting to hate that you see it coming really slowy from a Lycaon and many other big ships/instalations and you can do much to stop it, I know some big ships launch multiple of there warhead, still if you already see the Hell Storm X rain this is a minor problem/quantity. I'm making it because it has Fire Wait: 14, so 14 Seconds between next shot is a lot...
Forget about the "Fusion Mortar" (harbinger.pof), it has a Damage 80, however it has a Fire Wait of 1 Second and a Velocity of 100m, anyone would become crazy hitting the "B" key to go through important bombs.
Remember the "Cruiser Torpedo" has a exact Velocity 200, so don't waste an AB + Missiles of medium speed (like the Swarm) because it will never reach it (until you're flying with a Ennead).

I do this, mostly, because I can't really stop the "Cruiser Torpedo" shooting at it, I get really pissed, and after I was exaust of complain. I make a solution, I get in the exact fire line of the Torpedo...the results well, in Very Easy it can't do you a thing, but in any other difficult a wish your ship luck (until you're using the Nephilim, that ship is a Fortress, badly in doesn't have AB and don't have assigned any Countermeasuremt)

--------------------------------

There are some of other TBM, some already are, some will be, like for the Fireball.tbl, the Armor, the Shocwave damage, the independent damage on subsystems, etc., etc.
I can make something until at least I have:
A - An Idea
B - Just a small example (like I do with the AB Trails, as the moment I make it, only the Mirmydon were using trails in the FS2 campaing)

If someone have some idea, or see something that is already implented in FS2 that can be implemented in the Inferno Campaing feel free to say it.

---------------------------------

Most of the Missiles for of Inferno are really OK in polys, they match or pass even FS2 Retail missiles, except for the Arrow and Stinger:

My suggestion:

As seen here, I just change the Textures to match the missiles in Inferno...
I already know the consequenses of making this.... (more polys for a high-speed non-targetable missile), still, missiles like the Hornet/Vortex/etc. have less polys, but are launched in $swarm:, and that make the polycount somewhat the same...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 12:35:15 am by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
What do you think of making "Cruiser Torpedo" (ctorp.pof) with the Flag "bomb", I mean, to make it targetable, I am starting to hate that you see it coming really slowy from a Lycaon and many other big ships/instalations and you can do much to stop it, I know some big ships launch multiple of there warhead, still if you already see the Hell Storm X rain this is a minor problem/quantity. I'm making it because it has Fire Wait: 14, so 14 Seconds between next shot is a lot...
Don't it causes the too many asteroids bug and your weapons will go through most things you attack, we removed the bomb tag to fix this. Originally it was going to be attackable by the player, but then we discovered that problem when there was too many ships firing them in some missions.

What are asteroid bugs exactly?. It's normal that I ask, since 3D asteroids aren't used in R1.

It's not the problem where a Capital ship shoots a targetable weapon, then the enemy capital can shoot beams at that missile, resulting in a colateral damage to the Ship which launches the missiles ?.

Is that bug still happening, it's that noticeable, at least to check if it is still there. (Or I can keep colliding it for eternity to save my capital ship).

Um...I just have to make the change in the Arrow, Trident Textures...And now check the Ctorp.pof, if I use "bomb" or I don't use "bomb".

I just need that answer, it makes me feel bad to left a bug, but it makes me feel confused to imagine a player trying to collide a Cruiser Torpedo because he can really stop it another way....

--------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way in the Weapons.tbl, to specify the Angle that a "Spawn Cluster" should have or a spawned missile in general, they all go at Ramdon, that's the only problem for making a Trident...
It's just a big Bomb with Remote Detonation that Spawn 3 Clusters, each one in a a different x, y, z angle (specially pointing forward) making a triangle route, that start spreading until a new Remote Detonation

Badly the only thing I reach to do accidentally was to simulate a double textured Shockwave, one could be used for the Heat wave and other for the true energy shockwave. Yes, I mean the SuperNova Shockwave, one Red for Heat, the the Second coming later while the Red is still active, lethal Blue.

---------------------------------------------

As I say I have finish the update. Yes the $anim: for shivans ship cause the bug of the invisible ship textures, probabily because there is no loop in the *.ani or because of the lack of number of frames.

I am a little bored, so I think I'll try better doing a mission. I wanted to collapse a sun using lot of Sathanas, but since the SubSpaceRift don't really handle too good in Weapon Range, and some other things. I'll better use a Vinashaak to destroy some smaller planet....maybe an inhabited mars, like this one (low-res *.PCX image):

Why I can't asing "Initial Orders" to ships with "supercap" flag. It's not a problem, I just edit and force the Initial Orders using notepad for example, even so, it seems weird...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 11:16:42 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
What are asteroid bugs exactly?. It's normal that I ask, since 3D asteroids aren't used in R1.
If too many objects are in a mission the game will make weapons pass through them because the game can't handle all the collision data. It's most common in very large asteroid fields were you have lots of rocks and lots of ships. It makes it impossible to destroy random targets until more of the still hittable stuff is destroyed. Sid did some testing before final release of R1 and found that the cruiser torpedo caused this in m4, we removed the tag to prevent it.

Just a few things about m4:

A- Debris Field. Yes, those are objects with collision data
B- The Lycaon never fires his Cruiser Torpedo in this Mission

I test that mission and works fine, at least I don't have any my shoots passing thought anything...
Maybe you mean  m12, where you there are 3 Lycaons

If the problem is still there in the current SCP version (not FS2 Retail), then I'll just simple make another TBM, I really hate to let the Limitations bugs win, the same happens with the Decal problems....

I have finished the update, but my actual capacity and knowledge end here, but my imagination limits me even more, I am sure I must be missing some things, that I by myself I can't realize.

----------------------------------------------------------------

This won't be in the update probabily, but what about adding the FMV SSL Lucifer Beam Section to the Ancients ???, the one it have been released after the HTL Lucifer (the one that is posted at the HTL Highlights on the main page). The colour used in that beam is Violet and Blue, so the only other colour is pink, but those colours are really much like another species beams, until you combine 2 or more colours at the same time....

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The corvettes fire them at the Shivan corvette once it arrives, it has nothing to do with the Lycaon. Most of the capships carry a few banks worth of those things.

Ah...I see, but I don't really see the Torpedos going trough the Scylla, what I see it's that the Punishement and the Mako are really far away, and they don't they fire their Torpedos at all, maybe because of distance or maybe of the collision problem.

Still, by the time the Scylla arrives there are no Shivans, and that should left free slots for collision data, it's rather strange, I'll better try with using the SCP with the retail INF R1 SCP Patch (if I remember right the Scylla was destroyed...). Sorry for the troubles, I'll take care of this Woomeister.

---------------------------------------

RELEASE !!!!

Check the 1st post of this Thread

Woomeister, should I make a post in the "Freespace Campaing" Forum about this ???. I don't really wan't to do that because I think lot of people check regulary the Inferno forum, at least the ones interesed in Inferno......well I hope people get acknowledge about the Release..............(I need victims...ups, I didn't really mean that, I mean testers...).............

---------------------------------------

What is the more accurate description for weapons that deal EMP ?

A - "EMP Weapon"
B - "EMP Disruption"

The problem with A, is that it sounds like the Shoot is pure EMP, like "Nuclear Weapon", "EMP Disruption" sounds more like the effect, I like B, but I hear opinions.

--------------------------------------

What cause this, could I fix this using a POF Editor ????

I already get that effect in retail Inferno, what's the problem, in the Gorgon the Thruster is intersected with Hull, and flickers a lot, it seem a Minor graphic issue, but it looks terrible wrong and terribly innaccurate.
It happens when you're not accelerating, or stopped, or of course, when you hit the bakspace key.
There is also the small square that can be seen when you're accelerating, however I see that's the way it's in the 3D Model....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 01:37:47 am by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The thruster thing can only be fixed by editing the thruster axis in Truespace, the best thing would be to try and disable the thruster01 ani if possible so that it only uses the new SCP effects.

I believe I got that thruster problem already in the INF SCP Patch, and with FSSCP Species_def I am getting it also.
I understand the idea, if I remove it will be invisible, but there will be none used, the only used will be the Thruster Bitmaps that simulate the 3D cones. That Image is only seen when you're stopped, it's a minor bug, anyways mostly you don't really stop too much in-game, it's dangerous...

----------------------------------

I test the INF SCP patch, and the Mako and the Punishement don't really do anyting either, those ships are really far away to even use a beam I believe....The Scylla seems to go away (I won't bother with this, anymore). Maybe the Scylla gets destroyed in INF (without SCP the Patch)........

My conscience says me "The Chimera Gun Points and Missile Points should be inverted to be right", I know EA desing follow this thing of "You will always miss 1/2 of your total Gun Points, when you shoot a Fighter or Bomber", but Shivans are Shivans. This is easily see in Ships with ultra big wings (what the hell wings are used for ???, you're in FreeSpace, isn't the title self explanatory), yes it's stetic, it looks ultra cool, blablabla, but a some minor point it bothers (ex: Claymore2 and Peregrine), that why when I see a 1st time a "Boanerges", well...it's a box, but it's make sense for a space ship. Should I fix it ?

I think I see a screenshot of the new Chimera in the Inferno SCP Additional Content Thread, and the Chimera fire it's missiles like I said.

F.A.Q.:

Q: Why the Trails are so small ???

A: To prevent this:

A: A trail can't be bigger than 2x the Minimum Radius of any 3D Thruster. Otherwise you'll see that, and when you rotate your "camera" around the ship, you'll get a fashion Bitmap saying "Here look I am a Bitmap, I am rotating and I am asimetric"

Q: Some Shivan Dockpoints are pointing backwards and not forward (ex: Durja) ??

A: The Shivan Support Ship, like Shivan Ships, have Rear Acceleration, 20 to be specific, so it will be able to chase you until that speed, which is a normal when you're rearming, after the ship docked. If I set it pointing forward the ship will obstruct most of the view in front of you, and the ability to somewhat defend while you're rearming.

---------------------------------------------------

Old Model problems/buggus (I noticed this really earlier, while it was my 1st time playing INF), but in the update the errors take a lot more of attention:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/Shadow0000/DiablowMuzzleGlowInterSections.jpg

Diablo, either those Plates needs to have more Width, or the Turret more longer (no), or the FirePoints more away from the plate (no, again).

The same Thruster problem, but accelerating, only in the SF Gorgon:

Serpent 3D Thruster not Centered, the Trail easily reveal the problem:

Daedalus GunPoints problems

See the start of the Subach Bitmap is cutted, either the GunPoints should be a little behind than the View Point (Cockpit).........It should happen with any other primaries

Why I am seeing the Thruster in the front, the Ship Hull should be blocking the effect in the front at least (also I reduced the Glow Radius, it was almost like a Capital Ship with the Old one)

-------------------UPDATE----------------------

My mistake, I make and add Shivans support in less than 8 Hours, I don't test anything and it result not in bugs, but in some minor problems:

Update:

[LINK REMOVED, THIS PATCH IS ALREADY IMPLEMENTED]

What's updated:

Ships.tbl & INFShips-shp.tbm: Model loading at $ship_anim for Ancients, as it is for Shivans (I fixed that before, but with the $Anim Slot bug, it seems that I forget to replace it later...)

INFStars-str.tbm: Added the Moonc Bitmap entry, that fixes the missing Moon in Mission 13

Models:

Kato: addes more leght to the path (and maybe something else I forget)
Hydra: Added the Dockpoints and Paths that I forget to add in the release.
Nahema: that dammit Retail Dockpoint take all of the Nahema Fire View/Range, if you shoot you would have a fire acurracy of 100% to the support ship. (PS: you don't have any idea how that irregular dock take me to look good, and it's still not perfect diagonally)
Nephilim: Fixed the Dockpoints and Paths for this Ship, supposing someone want to force a Call in Support Ship for Hostile Species.
Nephilim (Terrans): Now the Support Ship points backwards
Serpent: Make the Trail be in the Middle of the 3D Thruster (***)
Zakros: Dock now looks forward and Path looks down and not forward as it was

(***) The 3D Thruster of the Serpent is not in the exact Middle axis of the Ship it's a little to the side (so, you will have to live with it). Note, the cone thruster is still a little out of the center, I don't touch it, because making all go to the wrong side (I mean the 3D Thruster) it's not a fix, it's just a graphical illusion that every one with a good eye for either games or graphic will notice...

I still don't activate Ancients Shields (change $Shield: different to 0) because there is no Icon for the HUD (even so, the Vinaashak has it activated and doesn't have any hud icon).

-----------------------------------------------------

What I'll do now:

-Not take care of the Ancient Shield Icon, they're were deactivated in INF, so.....(maybe, but the prioprity is the lowest)

-Change almost every models texture to use the High-Res one in the SCP, there lot of ancient ships, and many many others, that are low-res from FS2 Retail that were rotated and changed colour. My job it's not really edit, but to find which Hi-Res texture match the one in used in INF

By good luck I didn't plan to do this before, so what I mean it's that I'll be in a different separated update, that should make things easier, since I already see the renaming method for the new releases of Inferno.

That means the Old Icelus and Boreas will be re-activated, it's really easy to update a ship with some maps, than a ship with a single map (and I believe the UV Mapping is harder also.......). I know that was made because it uses less memory, but is there a limit to texture files ? (lately I see limit to everything).

That way lot of *.DDS will be working, since I believe INF don't use any. As an overall I can say the update run equal or faster than INF with the SCP Patch, because the I remember the Shockwaves (Both 2D and 3D) make my game make those FPS jumps 60 to 5, or 100 to 20, and like that, I prefer to play at 40 FPS but without those bumps
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 10:30:35 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ancient shield icons were decativated since we didn't plan on using their shields

Single map ships are faster as they only need to render one map (HTL system doesn't like many maps) however even at 2048^2 some ships still look blury. It works good up to corvette but after that tiled maps look better. When we updated to using the upgraded maps I reverted all ships to tile maps, though I used some of the single mapped ones as lods.
You'll need to keep the single map Clarius as the old one won't work without a INF Build.

The renaming of stock FS2 maps is done by species then by number that I used it in. Not all retail maps are included and some similar maps were merged (TCov1a and Capital7 for example) Though our renaming doesn't matter for R1, since R1 isn't compatable with INF SCP.

hey i dl the release, and put back inferno on.....and i'm alittle confuse bout the fz..........i extract teh files from the winRAR....and they come up asinf_3patch.7z.001 001files......do i put them in the inferno file mod or i need to do something else before that???

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Wow, you really did an awesome job Shadow0000.  :yes:

I think you should get access to the INF R2 files. There is a lot of new stuff, which could be used to update R1 too. Maybe we should wait for the R2 release though, but if we release them both at the same time, that would be even better.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline McStrav

Hey guys, you're doing amzing work and I'm jut now getting back into FS2, but I'm having a wee problem,

I don't know if it's just me but when I downloaded the 7zip files and try to open them I get an error message saying that the archive is not supported or something like that
"The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"

Edward Burke

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Make sure you extract INF_3Patch.7z.001 to INF_3Patch.7z.005 into the same directory, then use INF_3Patch.7z.001 to extract them all with 7zip.

Offline McStrav

Actually the problem was my fault both patch 1 and 2 were only about 300kb while the others were about 4 megs or so, that coulda been my problem right there lol
"The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"

Edward Burke

hey ah...i've been running into another problem...now i don't know you guys seen this, but i can't even get going on teh f_shockwave.pof....i mean several time these errors comes right up.....and can't get back into the game...

I prefer to keep with R1 for the moment, since INF R2 (or INF SCP) won't be compatible with R1 it means that R1 will be left probabily forgotten, and since models, data and missions were wiped out I feel I little sorry for it, so I wanted to do an update job were it was really needed (SOL: A History we'll be next probabily).

What I would be really grateful is if someone can send a link to the released models that will be used in INF R2, for example the Ezechiel, I believe it was released, so it won't hurt if I add to R1, after all there are lot of unused ship in the main Campaing but can be used for Custom Missions or dependant Campaings. (I remember the link was in the INF SCP Additional Content, but I can't find it)

------------------------------------------------------------

A - In the Interface I left the Old Static Anims: of the Arrow and the Stinger, I known that before I post the release, I'll fix that. Or I'll asing the cross.ani, probabily not, 2 slots are nothing.......

Depth_Charge
hey ah...i've been running into another problem...now i don't know you guys seen this, but i can't even get going on teh f_shockwave.pof....i mean several time these errors comes right up.....and can't get back into the game...

Can you be more specific, you need the f_shockwave.pof that DaBrain's made, in the new ones it's a red f_shockwave. Be sure to check that you have the f_shockwave.pof in the data\models folder, and the f_shockwave.tga in the data\maps folder.

You should see it in the Shocker and in the swarm type Stinger, in Fighter/Bomber/etc. explosions, in most Sub-Munitions explosions (Defender and Firestorm, etc).

Problem: Yes, I don't know if it is a distance problem or another of the slot problems, but yes the f_shockwave sometimes it's not generated (I mean the Model, the Blast works OK)

The Shivan Swarm of Death is a really interesting missile, it was only used in Capital Ships, but I add it to fighters and Bombers, after all it's a different weapon to somewhat caracterize Shivans, also to balance the fact that it's primaries are really weak, and they have the Tractor Primaries, and a really powerful Shield eater.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Texture Maps:

Old Icelus (A) vs. the one in the SCP Patch (B):

A1 - Have lot of maps which makes really easier to replace textures...that means it uses Hi-Res Textures with excellent Shine and Glow effects.

B1 - It haves the Hi-Poly Flaks (***)

The thing is if you get the (A) the texturing is really different and the difference is really noticeable, but low poly Flak Turrets (Low Poly means, FS Retail Flak Turrets):

(***) I never really like the Flak Turrets used in the new Phobos and the new Icelus, The Flak is standing in a big base in the air, this Causes 2 problems:

1- "Here I am Flak", not only it's really noticeable, but you can't probabily not miss it even if you are blind...

2- The Big Real Problem, because of the base, and the Hierarchy that a normal Barrel possess, you have an angle small, where you can shoot any bomb at it in a downside-up angle where the Flak won't be able to defend itself. This gets even worse if you stay or try to fit below, the turret is indefense.
What I really mean, there should not be any space in a turret base, which should be clipeed with no air-space to the Hull Ship, like normal Flak Turrets, that way there is no place where you can't hide from the Flak where you're firing at it.

Because of that I'll choose (A). Maybe someday I'll use TrueSpace 3.2, convert the HTL Hecate to COB, rip the HTL Flak Turrets (Sub Object), and replace it in the Model, so we can get to see some big scary Flak Turrets
I believe it should not be too difficult, but it may be at the same time, considering my Exp at 3D Modeling is 0.

-------------------------------------------------

When I have time I'll finish downloading TrueSpace 3.2, there is a problem with my ISP and it's working at 21,6 Kb (if 56 Kb wasn't ultra slow, then that's it), plus I was a little sick a few days ago, that's why I don't post).

hey i dl the release, and put back inferno on.....and i'm alittle confuse bout the fz..........i extract teh files from the winRAR....and they come up asinf_3patch.7z.001 001files......do i put them in the inferno file mod or i need to do something else before that???

I know this question would be innevitable:

A - The files inside the *.ZIP are still compressed in 7-zip Format (*.7z), but the 001/002/00x is because it's a Multipart compressed File

B- You need 7-Zip at least v4.28  (current is 4.32) to uncompress the files. It's free and it doesn't contain spyware, available for download at www.7-zip.org

C- Why 7-Zip and not WinRAR. In most cases it compress better than WinRAR, plus it's free.

My favourite question:

Q: Why then, the files are re-compressed again using WinZip (*.Zip Format)?

A: The answer is simply, how many of you know the law that says that any uploaded file needs to not be encrypted or have a low level encryption, in another words the state should be able to easily see what's inside (read it). Plus some characters limits......blabla

The thing is that since they're no gods, they can only check 1 Level of Encryption, otherwise they should be de-encryopting until they reach sub-atomic proportions. That's the job of the *.Zip it allows the check while hiding the real Encrypted File, for me it doesn't really checks anything, it just bother your uploads.....

7-Zip Format is not a "Low Level Encryption Format", main difference with WinRAR is that it uses a lot more of Memory (RAM and CPU) to compress files.
That's why I can't really upload it in 7-Zip Format only, in not in a single file because my ISP is awful (hope they catch this line when it goes throught it's server, probabily they don't even know how to read english anyway)

I would like do that but I can't, if someone want to re-pack all in a RAR file and upload it in some site and post the link here, it would be a lot help...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 02:25:37 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
A lot of R1 ships are either upgraded and still used, or will be converted as additional mods if requested and if I want to do them.

I'd recommend using a split up self extracting 7zip file next time, then you won't need to break it up using winrar and it will extract itself for those who don't have 7zip.
Our next release uses a self extarcting 7zip archive since it cuts the filesize down by over 50mb.

I prefer to keep with R1 for the moment, since INF R2 (or INF SCP) won't be compatible with R1 it means that R1 will be left probabily forgotten, and since models, data and missions were wiped out I feel I little sorry for it, so I wanted to do an update job were it was really needed (SOL: A History we'll be next probabily).

What I would be really grateful is if someone can send a link to the released models that will be used in INF R2, for example the Ezechiel, I believe it was released, so it won't hurt if I add to R1, after all there are lot of unused ship in the main Campaing but can be used for Custom Missions or dependant Campaings. (I remember the link was in the INF SCP Additional Content, but I can't find it)

A - In the Interface I left the Old Static Anims: of the Arrow and the Stinger, I known that before I post the release, I'll fix that. Or I'll asing the cross.ani, probabily not, 2 slots are nothing.......

Depth_Charge

Can you be more specific, you need the f_shockwave.pof that DaBrain's made, in the new ones it's a red f_shockwave. Be sure to check that you have the f_shockwave.pof in the data\models folder, and the f_shockwave.tga in the data\maps folder.

You should see it in the Shocker and in the swarm type Stinger, in Fighter/Bomber/etc. explosions, in most Sub-Munitions explosions (Defender and Firestorm, etc).

Problem: Yes, I don't know if it is a distance problem or another of the slot problems, but yes the f_shockwave sometimes it's not generated (I mean the Model, the Blast works OK)

The Shivan Swarm of Death is a really interesting missile, it was only used in Capital Ships, but I add it to fighters and Bombers, after all it's a different weapon to somewhat caracterize Shivans, also to balance the fact that it's primaries are really weak, and they have the Tractor Primaries, and a really powerful Shield eater.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Texture Maps:

Old Icelus (A) vs. the one in the SCP Patch (B):

A1 - Have lot of maps which makes really easier to replace textures...that means it uses Hi-Res Textures with excellent Shine and Glow effects.

B1 - It haves the Hi-Poly Flaks (***)

The thing is if you get the (A) the texturing is really different and the difference is really noticeable, but low poly Flak Turrets (Low Poly means, FS Retail Flak Turrets):

(***) I never really like the Flak Turrets used in the new Phobos and the new Icelus, The Flak is standing in a big base in the air, this Causes 2 problems:

1- "Here I am Flak", not only it's really noticeable, but you can't probabily not miss it even if you are blind...

2- The Big Real Problem, because of the base, and the Hierarchy that a normal Barrel possess, you have an angle small, where you can shoot any bomb at it in a downside-up angle where the Flak won't be able to defend itself. This gets even worse if you stay or try to fit below, the turret is indefense.
What I really mean, there should not be any space in a turret base, which should be clipeed with no air-space to the Hull Ship, like normal Flak Turrets, that way there is no place where you can't hide from the Flak where you're firing at it.

Because of that I'll choose (A). Maybe someday I'll use TrueSpace 3.2, convert the HTL Hecate to COB, rip the HTL Flak Turrets (Sub Object), and replace it in the Model, so we can get to see some big scary Flak Turrets
I believe it should not be too difficult, but it may be at the same time, considering my Exp at 3D Modeling is 0.

When I have time I'll finish downloading TrueSpace 3.2, there is a problem with my ISP and it's working at 21,6 Kb (if 56 Kb wasn't ultra slow, then that's it), plus I was a little sick a few days ago, that's why I don't post).

I know this question would be innevitable:

A - The files inside the *.ZIP are still compressed in 7-zip Format (*.7z), but the 001/002/00x is because it's a Multipart compressed File

B- You need 7-Zip at least v4.28 (current is 4.32) to uncompress the files. It's free and it doesn't contain spyware, available for download at www.7-zip.org

C- Why 7-Zip and not WinRAR. In most cases it compress better than WinRAR, plus it's free.

My favourite question:

Q: Why then, the files are re-compressed again using WinZip (*.Zip Format)?

A: The answer is simply, how many of you know the law that says that any uploaded file needs to not be encrypted or have a low level encryption, in another words the state should be able to easily see what's inside (read it). Plus some characters limits......blabla

The thing is that since they're no gods, they can only check 1 Level of Encryption, otherwise they should be de-encryopting until they reach sub-atomic proportions. That's the job of the *.Zip it allows the check while hiding the real Encrypted File, for me it doesn't really checks anything, it just bother your uploads.....

7-Zip Format is not a "Low Level Encryption Format", main difference with WinRAR is that it uses a lot more of Memory (RAM and CPU) to compress files.
That's why I can't really upload it in 7-Zip Format only, in not in a single file because my ISP is awful (hope they catch this line when it goes throught it's server, probabily they don't even know how to read english anyway)

I would like do that but I can't, if someone want to re-pack all in a RAR file and upload it in some site and post the link here, it would be a lot help...

alright i got the 7-zip working out and put it into the fs2 folder.....and as for the f_shockwaves.pof.........guess i need to get either the low or medium textures.....i wonder why i didn't go through from the vp files.... :confused:

I Re-Upload/updated the INF_3PatchUpdate1.zip, so download it again please:

http://www.fileh.com/Shadow00000/INF_3PatchUpdate1.zip

Fixed this in the Shivan Support:

Ships TBL: Add it after the last Shivan Bomber/Fighter, where it should be.

INFShips-shp.tbm: Just removed from here, since now it is in the TBL. Changed to the correct name, not SBS (I don't know what I put that "B") it should be "SS".

--------------------------------------------

Thanks Woomeister, the Self-Extranting idea is really OK, but I never go with something like "we use ZIP because it's the most popular format", if no one ever try to teach, then probabily most people will never learn......

I have Norton AV, and it can de-encrypt lot of compression formats, specially ZIP and RAR, but 7-Zip is not near, specially since the encryption is updated from month to month mostly.

-------------------------------------

Depth_Charge: yes, as I say in the 1st Post of this Thread you need, and how to choose I little better:

What you need:
 -Any of the CVS 2005-12-29 (or newer, when released). Forget it, using an older one won't work, that means it's the only one for the moment that will work.
 - All the Main and Normally SCP known mv_xxxxx.vp
 - I would recommend, for the ones who want more quality, that you download the FSPort Hi-Res textures. Since the Shaitan and the Scorpion are used INF, those Hi-Res Textures (maps) are not in the SCP Media VPs.
- DaBrain's 3D Shockwave, and the f_shockwave.pof and textures
- For the Impact Decals (which crash at most missions), I used the ones in the decal_data.zip. Here at this thread (2nd post), http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,37214.0.html

Two-side Problems (D3D 8 vs OpenGL):

1 - Super High-End Shockwaves:

D3D: it will drop your framarate to 5 FPS or even less every time a shocwave is created...
OGL: Works OK, if you have a 256 MB Graphic Card, don't drop the FPS

2 - Ambient Light (stars.tbl):

D3D: It's working here ? (mostly the Green and Violent is used in INF).
OGL: Here is way too intesive and masive...

A sun of the desired colour should make the Ambient effect with the right intensitive, otherwise the ambient colour mostlry makes the textures colours all violet or another colour...

3 - Enviroment Mapping (as a consequense, and the Use Alpha...):

D3D: works OK
OGL: you won't get the reflects in the ships, only light is refeclted (-shine textures), but no Background is refelcted for example in the glass of the Cockpits. This effect is very important when you're inside Subspace, but in normal free space it's not critical and somewhat unoticeable

As I say this is most for testing, feel free to give your opinion/feedback/bug report (I don't have really find any noticeable bug...)

Here is the Thread to the Link of DaBrain's Shockwaves:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,36983.0.html

---------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent, I am going crazy, it seems that I add the Arrow and Trident Interface in the Update 1, well at least now it's true:

What's updated: "so many things that I probabily forget them"

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Maps are somewhat boring me, so I check if this was working ok:

It isn't really a big deal, specially with the "Beam doesn't pierce Shields", which I always keep activated, it only attacks big ships, it's reload time is long, and it is not really near of dealing the damage a bomb can deal (Specially a Shivan Ultra Bomb, they have almost the same DMG as the Executioner).
A Keres (Infelite) using 2 Rippers, that's more devasting (for Ships that don't use shields, only)....

NOTE: I don't modify any Flag in the ships in the TBL or TBMs, it's the common, normal, and vanilla released Vindhyachal that comes with INF.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think I am going to test 2 Massive things, better try to implement, I don't really find anyone asking it specifically for Inferno, but if I succed in any of the two probabily it would look really good (it's Beam related)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 10:52:32 pm by Shadow0000 »