Author Topic: Release: 3.7.2 Final  (Read 49132 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Release: 3.7.2 Final
Before, the interface was stretched from its original aspect ratio to fit the screen.  Now, we're preserving the original aspect ratio of the art assets by default.  If you want, you can disable it with a command line option "Stretch interface to fill screen" (-stretch_menu).
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

If you're in the menus or loading screens, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do. If you're in mission, you do have a problem.

EDIT: Ninja'd by chief.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have been using this upgrade since 2006/2007. FS2 is one of my all time favourite games and the work you all do helps make it even more awesome. Every couple years i come check whats new and replay the game. I thought i would pass on my thanks this time.

Keep up the awesome work!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:55:10 am by elementalest »

Offline Echelon9

Thanks for the feedback - always great to hear.

Offline cahdoge

• Is a lubricated bug a butterfly?
I don't know If anyone has complained about it elsewhere.

I'm running fsopen on Linux and i am unable to save any progress ore settings changes if I'm not starting the game as root.

That means, I'm starting the wxLauncher to embed the mods I need and then start fsopen from terminal (as root). This is fine as workaround but is a little uncomfortable.
Would you (developers) mind to take a note, for he next regular update?
Understanding do you me?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Odd, all settings on Linux should be stored in your home directory, which shouldn't require running anything as root.  No one else has reported this issue on Linux to my knowledge.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Yeah, that is very odd. I run on Linux and I've never had to run wxlauncher or fs2_open as root.

Could you pastebin a recursive ls of your config directory? i.e.
Code: [Select]
ls -lR ~/.fs2_open/
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Is this build included in the FSO Installer?

How's the Win10 compatibility coming along? Contemplating a replay & would love to be able to run it on the preview side of my triple boot.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Last I heard, there weren't any compatibility issues.  Those who tested it so far on Windows 10 seemed to report that there were no issues.

All the source mirrors are broke.

I hear that's 7 years bad luck.  :drevil:

Who broke it then?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
That would probably have been me :( at least, they weren't broken, they just didn't get uploaded at first like they should have.  Can't break what never existed right?  So maybe I'm ok.

That would probably have been me :( at least, they weren't broken, they just didn't get uploaded at first like they should have.  Can't break what never existed right?  So maybe I'm ok.

I would like to think so then  :nervous: :shaking:

Um... Does FSO work with the original 3 cd copy of the game or do I need the gog version?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
FSO works with all legitimate versions of the game, no matter whether it's gog, steam, or from the original CDs.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

FSO works with all legitimate versions of the game, no matter whether it's gog, steam, or from the original CDs.

Thanks E  :yes: :yes: :yes: