Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 269226 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: New MechWarrior Game?
Not so sure.  Past games have always been in roughly the "present" in BattleTech terms.  If it follows in that vein, we'll have a Jihad/Dark Age-era game.  Jihad is so much more interesting anyway (I'm pretty sure Nuke would agree with me there :D).  War of 3039 only lasted less than a year, all total.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yes, but on the other hand, the 3039 would be the perfect excuse to, y'know, show off all those formerly Unseen.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
4th SW would do that even better.  However, I find that setting even less likely than the War of 3039.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I'd be stoked to get back into the cockpit of a mech.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Online Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It's strange to see people getting crazy excited over ten-second clips that are utterly meaningless to me. :p I hope that it is a new MW title for you guys' sake, though.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I would be happy if nothing else came of this than Battuta's reaction to the first video :P.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
I hope it's the 3039 SW, 'cause i like this era the best. Eversince MW3 i'm hoping for a a game that plays during
3025-3045.
Who's a Victor Davion in comparison to his father Hanse, or Katherine Steiner in comparison to Katerina, her grandmother? The only exception here is house Liao, Maximilian the choleric who has such a hate toward house Davion, his doughter Romano, that makes look Emperor Cartagia from B5 like a boyscout.
And last but not least Sun Tzu, who is a cold, cunning, guileful, smart badass.
Not that i think Victor and Co. aren't interessting, it's just that i like the "early" years better.

Also the mechs from this era are almost cooler then later designs, the Marauder for instance, one of my favorites since i've read the Grey Death Trilogy.

The Battletech universe has a lot to offer story wise, i hope that the DEVs of that game ( if it is a game... )
don't **** it up and release a FPS style shooter like M$ did with MW4. [/end rant]

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Hmm well there were two things synonymous with pilot back in the day for the Tach community,
you either flew a fighter, or you hit the dirt in a clan's mech division. Much fiction integrated the two.

Hopefully they'll do it justice - blood and iron shall rise again.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I want it to have the MW version of FRED. :nervous:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You know, technically, MW4 had a mission editor....

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Hard to find anything as "easy-for-the-n00bs-when-making-basic-things" as FRED... :nervous:

The only thing that put me off with one of the videos is that car... if these are really MW videos then what's a present-day Lexus (or was it?) concept doing in 3030 :wtf: :lol:

but being a quick teaser/demonstrator/whatever I wouldn't mind it that much...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Roanoke

I didn't think MW4 was all that bad. Wasn't awesome but it was ok. I can remember refusing to get it untill it dropped beflow £20 lol

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
First, I doubt very much that this takes place around 3030.  I'm still leaning towards 3130 or so.  Second, you never know what kind of cars.  Hell, it could be some collector's shiny antique that his family has kept around since the early 2000's.

Then again, it could just be an anacronistic slip.  Like the humvees in MW4 :ick:

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
:lol:

Well for these kinds of things, my thinking leans more towards "out-of-universe" rather than "in-universe"...

I can just accept it as maybe they just needed some assets fast in order to make a presentable video to whoever the audience may be (i.e. plain-ol' corporates or the millions of internet surfers out there or whoever else)...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
"Waiting for rendevouz coordinates."

"Roger that, Lance Leader, transferring now."

"We have arrived and are ready to deploy."

I want that guy to come back.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Nyarly

• Generic basement-dweller
LONG HAVE WE WAITED FOR THIS GLORIOUS DAY!!!

Awesome news!  I can't wait for the trailer (to be released at midnight).

A released picture from the game has Devlin Stone's distinct Atlas fighting what appears to be a Reseen Warhammer. So yep, the setting is the Jihad. Though the War of 3039 was something I also guessed at, NGTM-1R. 

I wonder if the Unseen will make an appearance...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 12:11:24 am by Nyarly »
Do not taunt Magic Boulder.

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Juuuust two more hours...

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
T-90 minutes to drop.

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:18:20 am by Rick James »

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.