Poll

The TSJ Icanus, the Terran Superjuggernaut. Am I the only one who thinks that having the Earth Alliance build a ridiculously big superjuggernaut is unrealistic? What do you think?

The Icanus rocks, it shouldn't be touched at all.
9 (52.9%)
Keep it the same, but make the Punisher a bit weaker, so the Gigas has a chance of winning.
2 (11.8%)
Tone it down, make it a little smaller , give it a few less hitpoints and make the armament a little less powerful.
1 (5.9%)
Make the Punisher's damage a little less insane and make the Icanus smaller, less protected and armed.
1 (5.9%)
Get rid of it and make up a better way to kill the Gigas.
3 (17.6%)
Keep it the same, but make it only 50% operational by the time the Gigas arrives.
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: November 06, 2006, 12:14:09 pm

Author Topic: Icanus  (Read 49775 times)

which beam is it that spreads out in a cone when fired?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

The Violet Nightmare Beams fan out, although with newer graphics something odd happens. They no longer fan out like they used to, but rather create a sort of undulating gray-ish beam. Still looks pretty cool.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Got a screenie, Hunter?

Sure thing. Here's a screenie:
It's impossible to see from a pic, of course, but the beam kinda waves back and forth.

"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Swarm missile 'beam'?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Dark Hunter, you SPOILA FEST!!!

And about the special USilv Cone thing:

If you put the delay to 0 I bet the Gargant would lose. Hmph. :o

Dark Hunter, you SPOILA FEST!!!

:confused: What was that all about?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
We now know that you've got Nightmares in yer campaign and yer've also got a #Dreamcatcher character who talks like that.

Well, I guess it could be promotional. ;)

With all the questions I asked about Nightmares recently I thought it was a given.  :D

I thought they fit in well though: Dreamcatcher... Nightmare, it works.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I also figured that.

Are you using the Nightmare Cruiser on Hades-Combine?

:drevil:

Maybe, maybe not. You never know.

I do...but I promise I won't tell

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What do you need currently? I may have something you may need.

not trying to speak for Hunter, but I don't think he needs anything, besides perhaps another tester when he develops the Alpha...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
i have a proposal for you Dreamcatcher guys...
Are you maintaining the old Inferno textures or you are reskinning the ships,even with custom textures? We can do an unique work inSTEAD of spending more time.

NIGHTMARE CRUISER?!?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

I really need to get my own forum up so that I can stop stealing Woo's space.

So:Created a new topic until the forum at Game Warden is up. We'll continue Dreamcatcher discussions there.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
You are using Game Warden? We have planned to release Steadfast from there. MatthewPope is just waiting the camapign to be finished.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I also figured that.

Are you using the Nightmare Cruiser on Hades-Combine?

I hope not, it's a hideous abomination of ****tery.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Then make your own NightmareCruiser.Let's "enlarge" the Nightmare fleet,
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Then make your own NightmareCruiser.Let's "enlarge" the Nightmare fleet,

You're one clueless hap...
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea