Poll

The TSJ Icanus, the Terran Superjuggernaut. Am I the only one who thinks that having the Earth Alliance build a ridiculously big superjuggernaut is unrealistic? What do you think?

The Icanus rocks, it shouldn't be touched at all.
9 (52.9%)
Keep it the same, but make the Punisher a bit weaker, so the Gigas has a chance of winning.
2 (11.8%)
Tone it down, make it a little smaller , give it a few less hitpoints and make the armament a little less powerful.
1 (5.9%)
Make the Punisher's damage a little less insane and make the Icanus smaller, less protected and armed.
1 (5.9%)
Get rid of it and make up a better way to kill the Gigas.
3 (17.6%)
Keep it the same, but make it only 50% operational by the time the Gigas arrives.
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: November 06, 2006, 12:14:09 pm

Author Topic: Icanus  (Read 49720 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Sol, in my view, would have been sucked dry by the end of the Great War.

The GTVA's fleet wasn't that large... besides, after 14 years they would be using raw materials from other systems.

Furthermore, do you honesty believe that about a half dozen destroyers would drain an entire planetary system of resources? It wouldn't even use up a tiny fraction of the asteroid belt most likely.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Actually for the Melia I wanted to call it the Gaia, as it's the way back to Earth, but Venom wouldn't let me as he had recently made the Gaia for OTT :p

Well, OTT is defunct and Venom isn't here anymore, so what's to prevent you from changing the name now? :nervous:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Probably the fact we already released it as the Melia in R1, and it would probably confuse some people if the name was changed

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
As someone who hasn't played R1 ... can someone post a screenshot of what you're talking about ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

This leviathan:

It is something like 25 km from bow to stern. And that gigantic attachment to its side is the Punisher-class beam cannon, the EA's ultimate weapon.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

is it just me, or do all the EA ships look   uuuuuuuuugggggllllYYYYY!!!!?????

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

It's just you. :p

I like the EA textures.

And the blockier designs. After all, why the hell would you make a streamlined ship in a friction-less environment?

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Maybe it's because of Tolkien,but I give so many importance on a warship's name. The Icanus should be the symbol of the Terran fleet in general,not only EA. Calling it with a nonsense name is unrealistic. we've called it Terra and we don't say that it's the best name possible,but it's a symbolic name. If the Terra goes down,the other Terra-the one you call Earth-is doomed. Incanus was one of the multiple names Gandalf had,but considering the other names I think you hardly know something about that.

What on earth are you waffling about - Gandalf?

Icaunus was the Gaulish Celtic spirit of the river Yonne.  It came from the same naming school as (amongst others) the earlier Segomo (Gaulish god of war/victory) and Rosmerta (goddess of fire, warmth and abundance).

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
So there................ :p

BTW i like the ship and the Textures,  its just if you drop the I and C...........Well you know :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
So there................ :p

BTW i like the ship and the Textures,  its just if you drop the I and C...........Well you know :nervous:

That's because it's been misspelt for some (I presume intentional) reason :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Icanus does sound better than Icaunus, Like Hercules sounds harder than Herecles,

Anyhoo my opinion so far as the Uber gunbolted to a ship idea is cool,

[JJJ] Good idea, run with it kid [JJJ]
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

A more up to date shot.

I would have taken that style of pic rather than the tech room, but I forgot the key shortcut to take it to that view... :blah:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
F3 in the mainhall

Oh yeah! Why do I forget stuff like this...

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
You should really get rid of these:

Other than that it looks really nice
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You mean the textures that haven't been updated? Well I can't until they are updated.

I think he meant the "spikes" (for lack of anything else to call them) themselves. And I partially agree, what is the purpose of those protrusions?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well the foward most part marked there is one of the large railguns it now has.