Author Topic: 90 new ship!!! and model permissions  (Read 10632 times)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
90 new ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and model permissions
Originally posted by Su-tehp
(If people are curious about my "RaaHP" campaign, I really should find a way to post my map somewhere on the HLP site... Actually, didn't someone just create a website that has a list of all the campaigns? Maybe I should submit my "RaaHP" map(s) there...)

Rock and a Hard Place. I can't wait for you to get summore work on this sucker done. :):yes:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Su-tehp
Will the downloads be available by this weekend? :D

maybe by Sunday, I need to make a new download page and tech entry for the Lycaon and Galatea first.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Wow. Just a few days left to hold out, then. :):yes:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Oh just so you guys know, the Tanen and Lycaon are really old models. The Tanen has no debris and the Lycaon is just LOD0. I might update these ships at a later date. All the models will be updated even after the campaign is completed till they're all (near) perfect :D

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by Setekh

Rock and a Hard Place. I can't wait for you to get some more work on this sucker done. :):yes:

LOL, "Rock and a Hard Place" is just my working title. I actually am thinking of changing it to something better because I think "Rock..." is really a cheesy title, but it was the best title I could come up with so far.

Setekh has always been one of my greatest fans (cripes, he even likes my cheesy title!) but I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint him by saying that only very rudimentary and preliminary work has actually been done. At this point, "RaaHP" exists only in a 4 page outline on my hard drive and three or four FS2 mission files (ship placement and backgrounds done, but nothing else). I've always been a BIG believer in scripting the story FIRST, THEN creating the missions to suit the story, rather than the other way around like several other campaigns I've seen.

Setekh, if you're really hungry to see progress on "RaaHP", let me know and I'll e-mail you my outline (but be warned: it's still a work in progress).

Oh, Woo, remember that beta Gigas you made back in the day? I DL'ed it sometime ago and I just renamed it the SJ Tenebrion. I know it's a "super juggernaut" rather than just a plain juggernaut like the Sathanas, but I don't like the "SSJ" prefix (for "Shivan super juggernaut"). Can you or anyone come up with a new ship class name and (two-letter) prefix?

Example: SB = Shivan Behemoth

Basically, what I would like for people to do is list as many synonyms as you can find for words like: giant, behemoth, juggernaut and the like. I'll choose one from there and use it in my campaign.

Setekh, if you submit a word I really like, I'll send you the "RaaHP" outline AND the mission files! ;7 :nod:

Change of Topic: Woo, I'd also like you to rename the models (and submodels?) on the beta Gigas and the "old" Gagana (wait, that's Aldo's MOD!), so that they don't conflict with the newer versions you've made. I'm worried that if I use the older versions in "RaaHP" and you use the newer versions in your campaigns, the similarly-named pof files might conflict and/or erase one another when people try to unzip them. If you can go back to the beta Gigas and rename its pof file as "Tenebrion" rather than as "Gigasbeta" and send it to me, I'd be grateful. I'll have to let Aldo know about the "old" Gagana as well; I renamed it the "GTB Ajax." The "old" Gagana needs its pof file and submodels renamed as well; could you let Aldo know about this?

If you two need the old versions sent to you, let me know and I'll send them to you.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There's the Gigas Beta and the complete Gigas, both have been released, so there's no point renaming both of them. I assume if someone wants to use 2 different versions theywould rename them themselves. I like the SSJ prefix, and I have some that are 4 long instead of three.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
TWO versions of the Gigas have been released??????

WHY AM I ALWAYS THE LAST ONE TO KNOW ABOUT THESE THINGS?!?!?!?!? :mad::mad2:

I got the beta version, but i dont have the complete version. Is it on the Inferno Dl site and I just missed it in plain site?

(If I did, it wouldn't be the first time... :doh: )

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's in the outakes pack along with its Vasudan counterpart :)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Woo, I just checked the infooutakes zipfile and as near as I can tell, the two pof files of the Gigas (beta file and outake file) are identical. Certainly neither of them looks like the Gigas on the Inferno tech database, THAT'S for sure...

The Order of the Stick

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That Gigas overwrites the Gigas Beta, it's fully turreted. The Gigas in the tech database is only for use by certain campaigns...

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by Woomeister
That Gigas overwrites the Gigas Beta, it's fully turreted. The Gigas in the tech database is only for use by certain campaigns...

Awww.... But I wanted it...

*hangs head in disappointment*

At least I'm making progress in renaming the GTB Gagana (old version) as the GTB Ajax. I'll rename my Gigas soon too.

ALL HAIL THE ARRIVAL OF THE SSJ TENEBRION! (As soon as I find a new preifx; I'm not fond of the idea of calling it a "super-juggernaut...")

The Order of the Stick

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I have:
Super Destroyers
Super Carriers
so why not
Super Juggernaught
:)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Well I have:
Super Destroyers
Super Carriers
so why not
Super Juggernaught
:)

Yeah, but I ain't you, Woo. (And I suppose that's a good thing, all things considered....)

'Scuse me a sec. I'm drunk and I need to yak something fierce.... :o :doh:

The Order of the Stick

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
:lol:

Inferno: I Bet We Have More Supers Than You

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
:lol: :lol:

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Getting pointless..
And the thread served it's purpose..
0wned !
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Overruled
Model permissions is a continuing thing so I want this kept open.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Overruled
Model permissions is a continuing thing so I want this kept open.

Ok...but if it becomes spam, or anything els that has nothing to do whit modelpermisions then i'll lock it again;)
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Can I have the TSJ Icelus? I know it was in Aldo's modeldump but it is too much of a hassle to put it together. PLZ! :D email me @: [email protected]
quote "No brain, no pain" :wakka:
quote "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"  :nervous:
quote "The harder you try, the dumber you look" :doh:
quote "Dogs are basically good and cats are evil, so people are stupid" " I don't follow your logic" "My theory would suggest so" :bump:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Umm no, the Icelus is the new Hecate :D

The Icanus won't be released as it took me quite some time to assemble and map it. Plus it would be like asking MT to release the Apocalypse.

So either wait untill the campaign is released or get someone to build another one.