Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 597636 times)

Offline Kszyhu

Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
Not true. Please provide source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGreb21dKdg&feature=youtu.be&t=18m28s

I asked you for a source saying that Star Marine is in the PU. And you post a video of Chris saying that Star Marine will be in the PU when all the FPS features are completed. Thanks for proving me right, I guess..

You're wilfully ignorant:
Oh Star Marine is cancelled or Where's Star Marine!? Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together: Flying, walking around, shooting, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in 2.0, that's what it's 2.1.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It's 2.1.

It's definitely in.

Unless you're maslo.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
666maslo666 whats with the 666'ses in your name?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Oh Star Marine is cancelled or Where's Star Marine!? Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together: Flying, walking around, shooting, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in 2.0, that's what it's 2.1.

Please read with comprehension. Nowhere is he saying that Star Marine is already in the PU. That is your invention. He is basically saying that FPS is already in the PU and there will not be separate Star Marine game mode such as Arena Commander or Hangar module.

"We will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will sort of come online once all the basic FPS features are in and live in the mini PU."

21:07 timestamp

As I said, FPS is already in the PU, Star Marine will be in the PU once its features are completed, but is not there yet. Come on, it is not a hard concept to grasp, you can do it! I believe in you!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:09:25 pm by 666maslo666 »
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Kszyhu

Please read with comprehension. Nowhere is he saying that Star Marine is already in the PU. That is your invention. He is basically saying that FPS is already in the PU and there will be separate Star Marine game mode such as Arena Commander or Hangar module.

"We will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will sort of come online once all the basic FPS features are in and live in the mini PU."

21:07 timestamp

As I said, FPS is in the PU, Star Marine will be in the PU once its features are completed. Come on, it is not a hard concept to grasp, you can do it! I believe in you!

Stop being condescending. The quote clearly states that Star Marine was a module containing FPS mechanics. Mechanics Roberts claims are in the PU 2.0, 2.1, just merged with PU, not bundled into a module. This statement of his is clearly false.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Please read with comprehension.

Not true. Please provide source.

Okay. You, quoting CR, who says "it's definitely in". Fourth post from the bottom, page 46 of this very thread

It’s definitely in and Star Marine was originally our idea of how to get people to play the FPS before we could put everything together,

Nowhere is he saying that Star Marine is already in the PU.

It’s definitely in

As everything is not together (for example that nice floating iron sight there is not together with its gun), we would appear to have his original definition of Star Marine. Anything else is just you sliding the goalposts.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline 666maslo666

Stop being condescending. The quote clearly states that Star Marine was a module containing FPS mechanics. Mechanics Roberts claims are in the PU 2.0, 2.1, just merged with PU, not bundled into a module. This statement of his is clearly false.

Star Marine contains FPS mechanics, and PU contains FPS mechanics, too. However, Star Marine is not just FPS mechanics, it is polished, developed FPS mechanics, and clearly it is not in the PU yet.

Basically, what happened here is that iinstead of Star Marine as a separate module, there will be Star Marine as part of the persistent universe, the main development branch of Star Citizen. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less.

SC detractors caught on this info in a typical misguided and twisted fashion and tried to spin it into Star Marine being cancelled. Well, that is clearly BS.

However, let me say that Chris tends to ramble a lot in his videos and if you dont follow SC development and dont listen carefully, it is easy to interpret his meaning wrong, especially when trolls are spreading lies on the net about this issue. It is good that I am here to clear this issue up.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline 666maslo666

it's definitely in

Timestamp, please. Cant find it.

Offline 666maslo666

Edit: Those bugs are not trivial things, they are problems with the very foundation of an engine.

I can play the game for an hour and probability is high that I will not encounter any of those bugs. This makes those bugs really low priority and totally acceptable in a WIP product.

If you want a bug free experience, then dont play unfinished games.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
However, let me say that Chris tends to ramble a lot in his videos and if you dont follow SC development and dont listen carefully, it is easy to interpret his meaning wrong, especially when trolls are spreading lies on the net about this issue. It is good that I am here to clear this issue up.
I'm so glad you are here to translate Crobert's ramblings for us. I'm eagerly awaiting you clearing everything up.

Paaaaaaaaaaaarp

Urutorahappī!!

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Wait I'm confused now. You're saying Star Marine is the fps module that won't be a separate module now, but the PU already has fps mechanics and Star Marine includes fps mechanics, but Star Marine will add fps mechanics to the PU which already has fps mechanics which will become better fps mechanics when Star Marine (which is not a separate moduele) is added in?

What is Star Marine exactly then? What about Star Marine is anything other than "fps mechanics"? Does Star Marine add new maps? New capabilities/things to do? New missions? What exactly does Star Marine add to the PU's fps scene that it doesn't already have?

When I picture Star Citizen being released this is what I see:

https://youtu.be/cmnCEYtslHc?t=2m25s

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
That seems about right to me, Buckshee
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Kszyhu

OK, now I'm sure you're trolling, I'm sorry I haven't noticed this earlier. "The creator of the game doesn't know what he is saying, but listen to me, I'm the true oracle of Star Citizen development".

Offline 666maslo666

Wait I'm confused now. You're saying Star Marine is the fps module that won't be a separate module now, but the PU already has fps mechanics and Star Marine includes fps mechanics, but Star Marine will add fps mechanics to the PU which already has fps mechanics which will become better fps mechanics when Star Marine (which is not a separate moduele) is added in?

Correct.

What is Star Marine exactly then?

Star Marine was the polished FPS mechanics module (similar to Arena commander or hangar module), made by Illfonic, with nice animations, stances, a cover system, new FPS maps, zero G combat etc. It is the FPS part of Star Citizen as it was intended to be, in contrast with quite basic FPS mechanics that were present in the PU. Instead of being released as a separate module, features of Star Marine are now gradually implemented into the PU itself. They are certainly not cancelled.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 04:05:47 pm by 666maslo666 »

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator

Correct.

OK, now I'm sure you're trolling, I'm sorry I haven't noticed this earlier. "The creator of the game doesn't know what he is saying, but listen to me, I'm the true oracle of Star Citizen development".

Offline 666maslo666

It does not take an oracle to know what he is saying, just some basic knowledge about the game and comprehension. 10 for the Chairman is a series aimed at Subscribers, so if you dont follow SC development at all and only quickly skim the video, you then easily misunderstand some things.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
C'mon guys, be fair. For once I don't think Maslo is wrong. It's pretty obvious that Star Marine wasn't close to being finished either as a standalone or as part of the PU. So let's not dogpile him over that.

Now the decision to release / not release Star Marine is a completely different kettle of fish.

Id say that SC suffers from exactly the opposite problem. Instead of endlessly refactoring, polishing and taking lots of time to implement features properly, they should just make something that works and solve the technical debt later. But who knows, maybe their approach of low technical debt will turn out to be great in the long run..

This comment on the other hand is ****ing hilarious. :lol:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

Correct.

So is this little exchange.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah, but that's not Maslo's fault. He's accurately reporting the nonsense that is coming straight out of the mouths of those making Star Citizen.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Kszyhu

C'mon guys, be fair. For once I don't think Maslo is wrong. It's pretty obvious that Star Marine wasn't close to being finished either as a standalone or as part of the PU. So let's not dogpile him over that.

Now the decision to release / not release Star Marine is a completely different kettle of fish.

The problem is, it was claimed by CIG as being released/merged into PU even when it wasn't anywhere close to that. I agree that what's available in PU right now isn't Star Marine, but a barebones extension of Arena Commander, which had on-foot combat and a sidearm even before PU release.