Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 597622 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
Wow. Hard to believe that Hard Light of all places would be such an obvious part of Derek Smart's FUD campaign. Chris Roberts is doing something that has never been done before, and they're pretty far along given that development only spooled up (that's a bit of Battlestar Galactica lingo for you) two years ago. I've got a Cutlass and she's a great ship to fly in the PU. And Star Marine is easily a $60 game by itself.
I was just playing a round of Titanfall 2 and I was just thinking how phenomenal it is that Chris Roberts (PBUH) has seen fit to not include anything in Star Marine like incredibly responsive wall-running movement, giant robots that each have a varied and vital role, cool powers that change how you move and fight like the grapple hook or phase cloak, and interesting character designs that illustrate the blurred line between man and machine in the fictional universe's narrative landscape. This allows Star Marine to get to, and excel at, the core FPS experience: awkwardly circle-strafing your opponents in rectangular rooms while holding down the left mouse button.

Thank you for reading.
Source your quotes
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Mikes

Started the refund process. Fingers crossed. Jesus ****ing christ the state of this game is horrifying, especially thinking about how it's gone nowhere for 3 years at least.

Good luck :-)

My refund worked pretty straightforward, as said before.

Took a while for the money to arrive tho, but it came eventually.

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Started the refund process. Fingers crossed. Jesus ****ing christ the state of this game is horrifying, especially thinking about how it's gone nowhere for 3 years at least.

Good luck :-)

My refund worked pretty straightforward, as said before.

Took a while for the money to arrive tho, but it came eventually.

The email I sent them basically said that the game is no longer what I backed 4 years ago and I can no longer support the direction it's taken. I hope it's just a time thing and they aren't going to force me to quote legal text at them.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Expect at least one reply about how your money has already gone to pay people and buy stuff for dev work. That's their standard operating bull****.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Do you have any idea how many McNuggets were purchased with your pledge?  If we refund your pledge, someone's going to have to yack all of those up and try to return them to some poor, unsuspecting fast food worker.  Wouldn't it be better to just keep your space-Winnebago(s)?  Heck, you could--instead of pursuing a refund--buy another space-Winnebago and keep the digestion of McNuggets proceeding in the correct direction.  If you won't think of us, at least think of the McNuggets.

Wow. Hard to believe that Hard Light of all places would be such an obvious part of Derek Smart's FUD campaign. Chris Roberts is doing something that has never been done before, and they're pretty far along given that development only spooled up (that's a bit of Battlestar Galactica lingo for you) two years ago. I've got a Cutlass and she's a great ship to fly in the PU. And Star Marine is easily a $60 game by itself.
I was just playing a round of Titanfall 2 and I was just thinking how phenomenal it is that Chris Roberts (PBUH) has seen fit to not include anything in Star Marine like incredibly responsive wall-running movement, giant robots that each have a varied and vital role, cool powers that change how you move and fight like the grapple hook or phase cloak, and interesting character designs that illustrate the blurred line between man and machine in the fictional universe's narrative landscape. This allows Star Marine to get to, and excel at, the core FPS experience: awkwardly circle-strafing your opponents in rectangular rooms while holding down the left mouse button.

Thank you for reading.
Source your quotes

I am a robot designed to speak truthfully.

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Do you have any idea how many McNuggets were purchased with your pledge?  If we refund your pledge, someone's going to have to yack all of those up and try to return them to some poor, unsuspecting fast food worker.  Wouldn't it be better to just keep your space-Winnebago(s)?  Heck, you could--instead of pursuing a refund--buy another space-Winnebago and keep the digestion of McNuggets proceeding in the correct direction.  If you won't think of us, at least think of the McNuggets.

Think about all the McNuggets I could have by returning my space-Winnebagos. Think about how long I gave you this loan of McNuggets. The space-Winnebagos aren't space ballsy enough. I'll take my McNuggets thank you.
Current Projects:

- Re-learning FRED

The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I haven't asked for a refund yet for 2 reasons:

1) It's only $40 and it was like 4 years ago.

2) I can't wait to play the buggy, awful mess that will be Squadron 42. I still think it will come out, but whoa boy will it be bad.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Aesaar

The funniest part about all that is that CIG totally used to offer partial refunds.  They refunded me a Retaliator back in 2014.  I kept my Hornet (which I later sold on the grey market) and my account is still open.

So, did they ban George Lucas for spoiling Rogue One in 1977?

Offline Aesaar

Lucas also ripped off the entire idea of space fighters from Chris Roberts' 11 year old mind.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Lucas also ripped off the entire idea of space fighters from Chris Roberts' 11 year old mind.
Hosed if true
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
So how immersive is this game? I've got a buddy in Russia asking if it'd be a good fit for their presidential suite.

So how immersive is this game? I've got a buddy in Russia asking if it'd be a good fit for their presidential suite.

It's so immersive that you've failed to realize you're already playing it.  You're forgiven for not noticing, though.  It's the eye-stabilization tech that makes the game almost indistinguishable from reality.

you've seen that scene in The Abyss with the rat, yeah?

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
So far CIG's refund process seems to be a lot nicer than it used to be. They aren't quoting red tape crap at me yet, just saying how the open development process should make me more confident in what they're doing.
Current Projects:

- Re-learning FRED

Yeah they switched tacks from denying refunds until someone threatened legal action to just trying to guilt you for it midway through last year, I think.