Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578012 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
As long as nothing is broken and the hole in the wall/house/tower is fixed, no harm done.

Lord knows I broke trough plenty of houses jsst so I don't have to go around. Of course, no one ever noticed anything since I plugged the holes up.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
As long as nothing is broken and the hole in the wall/house/tower is fixed, no harm done.

Lord knows I broke trough plenty of houses jsst so I don't have to go around. Of course, no one ever noticed anything since I plugged the holes up.
I don't get mad when people break into my places. I kind of expect it. I just get annoyed when they grief.

He made a public entrance where a locked door was.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft

1: The tower is qaz's.
2: He locked it.
3: You're a dumbass. Why the hell would you go around breaking someone else's stuff? Used to be public and isn't anymore? Well then too bad. It's qaz's to fix, if he even wants to, not yours.

Be glad qaz is such a laid back guy, because if this was any other server I've seen you would have been banned already.

No need to be rude, you should know by now it just starts a **** fight that ends up with me laughing and you sulking. If the tower is actually qaz's then yeh I apologize, but all the signs pointed to it belonging to someone else that had quit. There was *literally* a sign.

Also let's keep things in perspective. I broke a total of 4 blocks, but our resident griefer has burned down 4+ *buildings* and I don't see anyone getting super pissed over that.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:10:28 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

1: The tower is qaz's.
2: He locked it.
3: You're a dumbass. Why the hell would you go around breaking someone else's stuff? Used to be public and isn't anymore? Well then too bad. It's qaz's to fix, if he even wants to, not yours.

Be glad qaz is such a laid back guy, because if this was any other server I've seen you would have been banned already.

No need to be rude, you should know by now it just starts a **** fight that ends up with me laughing and you sulking. If the tower is actually qaz's then yeh I apologize, but all the signs pointed to it belonging to someone else that had quit. There was *literally* a sign.

Also let's keep things in perspective. I broke a total of 4 blocks, but our resident griefer has burned down 4+ *buildings* and I don't see anyone getting super pissed over that.

I really don't care about prespective. The other guy was a random griefer. You should know better. Good to see your true colors show you don't give two ****s about other people things, or you never would have touched it to begin with, especialy when you didn't even know who's it was. Shame on you.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
You two should just drop it. If qaz feels the need to take action, he will. There really is no need to uhm... "debate" the issue.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
You two should just drop it. If qaz feels the need to take action, he will. There really is no need to uhm... "debate" the issue.

I have no plans to draw it out further. Knowing that he has no problems breaking things that aren't his is enough.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I wound up using that entrance into qaz's tower myself, though I had no idea who'd made it.  I certainly don't agree with breaking other people's stuff without their permission...but by the same token, I also really don't agree with the idea of completely locking down your structures to any visitors.  I mean, this is a public server, and I'd assume that we're all building on here as opposed to just sticking to SP so that other people can take a look at what we're doing.  I know I've been frustrated several times while traveling around the server by finding some cool structure that I wanted to examine more closely, only to find that all of its doors were locked down.  I can understand locking down certain parts of what you build, like a storehouse or bedroom or whatever, but it seems kind of anti-social to flat-out deny access to everyone.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Jesus.....it's just a few minecraft blocks.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

So is anyone gonna mind if I put a pressure plate and TNT block under my "front door"?

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
man, minecraft sure brings out the worst in some of us.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
So is anyone gonna mind if I put a pressure plate and TNT block under my "front door"?

Your house ain't it? Although that sounds like unwanted property damage to me.

Your house ain't it? Although that sounds like unwanted property damage to me.

Well if I put a block of TNT under a pressure plate, can't exactly call it unwanted.
And from the point of view of the explorer it would certainly make their visit more interesting/memorable.

Actually the thought of putting a bunch of random though interesting structures hidden around the world is appealing in that it would be cool for anyone exploring to stumble upon. Similarily putting some traps and other oddities around my places would make them a bit more interesting for anyone wandering round. though if I just put a cheap lava pit in, it would probably piss someone off.

"Welcome to my property, you fall into lava and lose all your stuff, I hope you enjoyed the visit"

Wasn't sure if creating traps that can harm other players was against the server rules or something. Though obviously trapping THEIR house would be inappropriate (see yogscave).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:57:35 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I think you are ok so long as you make it clear that the area you are trapping is not for public exploration
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
*Recalls the tweets from dinnerbone, the tripwires he's coding in, and shudders at the potential*
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
*Recalls the tweets from dinnerbone, the tripwires he's coding in, and shudders at the potential*

Fenris will never be the same again. ;)

Actually, they could be nifty door activation things...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
There's some exposed diamond in the fabulous ****hole if anyone wants it. Probably about ten pieces.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
I really don't care about prespective. The other guy was a random griefer. You should know better. Good to see your true colors show you don't give two ****s about other people things, or you never would have touched it to begin with, especialy when you didn't even know who's it was. Shame on you.

Perspective*

Ikr, poor kyad gets so butthurt whenever someone around him steps a toe out of his perfect ordered world :(

As long as we're jumping on tiny acts of public property damage/intrusion, let me compile a list:

- JC regularly explores buildings around spawn and such, bypassing their locked doors as well
- Hojo has expanded his underground pit into sara's tunnel entrance
- Mongoose broke a whopping 2 blocks to get down to the old blocked off mob grinder under fenris when it still existed
- Sandwich has made his skyrail dive into the ground *directly* in front of someone's tower, completely blocking their view, not to mention the other privacy issues with it (not that I really have a problem with it anymore, but I'm sure you do)
- Topaz has been demolishing parts of the plugin rail system that rhyx put down
- Rhyx has been blocking entrance to perfectly functional public rail stations that he didn't build
- Sandwich and 2 others who I forget griefed trashman's palace by placing a trap + insults in there
- Someone else (don't know who) put up another insult in giant glowstone letters next to his boat

I could add more but I'm sure that list has you foaming at the mouth already, so I'll leave you free to go jump on those people.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I love the fact I'm not on that list
But that would be physically impossible due to the ridiculous distance I've put myself between everyone on the server

And I suppose I've been vindicated in said decision afterall
"No"

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I really don't care about perspective. The other guy was a random griefer. You should know better. Good to see your true colors show you don't give two ****s about other people things, or you never would have touched it to begin with, especially when you didn't even know who's it was. Shame on you.

Perspective*

Ikr, poor kyad gets so butthurt whenever someone around him steps a toe out of his perfect ordered world :(

As long as we're jumping on tiny acts of public property damage/intrusion, let me compile a list:

- JC regularly explores buildings around spawn and such, bypassing their locked doors as well
- Hojo has expanded his underground pit into sara's tunnel entrance
- Mongoose broke a whopping 2 blocks to get down to the old blocked off mob grinder under fenris when it still existed
- Sandwich has made his skyrail dive into the ground *directly* in front of someone's tower, completely blocking their view, not to mention the other privacy issues with it (not that I really have a problem with it anymore, but I'm sure you do)
- Topaz has been demolishing parts of the plugin rail system that rhyx put down
- Rhyx has been blocking entrance to perfectly functional public rail stations that he didn't build
- Sandwich and 2 others who I forget griefed trashman's palace by placing a trap + insults in there
- Someone else (don't know who) put up another insult in giant glowstone letters next to his boat

I could add more but I'm sure that list has you foaming at the mouth already, so I'll leave you free to go jump on those people.

Betting JC actually replaces said things. If not, shame on him,
Don't know hojo.
Mongoose has express permission from myself to do whatever to the grinder. He asked to see it so he could study it.
Not modifying their build
Don't know topaz
Rhx blocked access to broken and unused railstations. I already gave him crap for this.
No one has touched Trash's place to my knowledge, most don't even know how to get there.
If you don't even know who (and said person didn't touch his build) why are you putting it on a list with names?

You are a sad pathetic person trying to defend his own grief. Go back to your scummy griefer life.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
He sees em griefin', he hatin'
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras