Author Topic: Warships of the TEI (GTD Titan WIP)  (Read 117820 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: Warships of the TEI (Updated 09-10-12)
The NuDraco and the Drake ships look awesome!

Pssst! you probably should know this buuut... 32k polys for the BBlue is really... overkill.

Matt, it's ;7

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No it's not, :7 is trollface

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Holy lolmonkeys dat Draco.  Radical departure from the current Draco, looks totally badass.

Also, are those Atalanta thrusters I spy on the rear there?
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Could those of us who can't see p3d stuff get a couple regular image links?

Looks a little bit like a child of an F-14(got to play AC - fires of liberation again...) and an hiigarian interceptor. :yes:

I was actually thinking that the sweep forward thing is exactly what the Wyvern from the AC series does....

But yeah this new Draco is pretty badass  :D

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
old Draco looked like crap (IMO), glad to see it completely redone.
el hombre vicio...

Offline crizza

Looks a little bit like a child of an F-14(got to play AC - fires of liberation again...) and an hiigarian interceptor. :yes:

I was actually thinking that the sweep forward thing is exactly what the Wyvern from the AC series does....

But yeah this new Draco is pretty badass  :D
The Wyvern...uh...I only have fires of liberation, dunno if theres a Wyvern included...so...
But still, I like afterburner extra features  :D

Offline Aesaar

Holy lolmonkeys dat Draco.  Radical departure from the current Draco, looks totally badass.

Also, are those Atalanta thrusters I spy on the rear there?
Yes they are.  Because the thrusters you made look awesome, and because it gives the two something in common.  Also, the guns and most of the internal cockpit.  I hope that's alright. :)

Pssst! you probably should know this buuut... 32k polys for the BBlue is really... overkill.
It's because I'll need to bake a new normal map for the BBlue, as the MBlue's won't work.

Scotty:
http://imageshack.us/a/img802/7781/draco01.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img840/1616/draco02.jpg

Not much detail yet, so there isn't much to show.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:50:12 pm by Aesaar »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Ooooh, very nice.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Wow, that Draco... I didn't mind the original one at all, but the new one you made looks excellent! :)

Offline VPR

Liking the new versions you're doing, the old models definitely needed a refresh. The new Draco looks much better, though it would've been interesting to see what you might have produced keeping to the original wing configuration.

Offline FIZ

So is the hitbox going to be larger?  Never liked the Draco due to its frailness, I imagine a larger size won't help that.  The new models look real sharp though.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
I never liked the original Draco. It didn't fit the TEI.
This one fits and looks great so far. I like it.  :yes: Keep it up!

Offline Aesaar

So is the hitbox going to be larger?  Never liked the Draco due to its frailness, I imagine a larger size won't help that.  The new models look real sharp though.
No.  Because the wings are swing-wings, I've decided the shield mesh won't cover them.  They'll be untargetable subsystems with the "Carry no damage" flag to ensure that hitting them deals no damage.  Or the whole fighter will have surface shields.

Either way, while it's slightly bigger than the Nyx and the Atalanta from the top, from the sides and front it's a lot thinner.  It's also longer than the original Draco, but much narrower.

And as you can see, even with the wings, it's about the size of the Uhlan.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
you can use surface shields with a shield mesh.
impact effects show up on the shield mesh but damage calculation is done via surface shields.

it's cool, it means that you can have bits sticking out or a hole-y shield mesh andnot have to give a damn :P

either way, it's good practice unless you think something is going to be able to fly under the shield and achieve something, as it removes one possible source of "balancing error".
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

What kind of plans do you have for texturing it?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Aesaar

PhantomHoover: Haven't thought that far ahead.  Probably something Atalanta-ish.

Droid803: That sounds perfect.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Yes IT IS.  Because the thrusters you made look awesome, and because it gives the two something in common.  Also, the guns and most of the internal cockpit.  I hope that's alright. :)

Lol you made it look totes badass so I don't mind.  And I wouldn't mind regardless because I like seeing people using my work.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline crizza

Uh, I just notice the horrible place for the nameplate of the Bellerophon and thus my question:
Where will you place it?

Offline Aesaar

If you check P3d, turn on wireframe, you'll see the nameplate rectangle.  It's in pretty much the same place as the Chimera's is (right under the forward AAA).

I've completed main hull UVmapping, so I'll be posting texture updates either this week or next.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:41:22 am by Aesaar »