Author Topic: Music That Should've Been In Descent  (Read 1136 times)

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
Music That Should've Been In Descent
I found this song on a radio show. It is apparently a custom mix, because I can't find it anywhere else, so I ripped it out of the radio show and put it on dropbox.

The primary synth used at about 2:10 made me instantly think of flying around in a Descent level. If Descent were to be made today, perhaps this is the kind of music it would have. Descent 3 music in particular seemed to have strong GOA/psytrance influences, though combined with the darker feel of Descent 2's more foreboding soundtrack.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Music That Should've Been In Descent
:yes:

Offline watsisname

Good find there. :)  Descent 3 really did go in a more psybient/technoish direction compared to the more dark and intense themes in D2.  I suppose this was because D3 was more open and less arcade-paced.

I've also grown a good-sized playlist for when I'm playing multiplayer descent.  Some of my favorite artists for that purpose are AFX, Bass Mekanik, Black Sun Empire, Crystal Method, Nine Inch Nails, and random DnB or psytrance artists.  Haven't really found anything that quite matches the style of the original descent songs though, those were awesome.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
:yes:

Seconded.  :yes:

Edit: Hah ha! Double thumbs up for Dune reference!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:14:04 pm by z64555 »
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.