Author Topic: OK TBP FREDDERS, you got 0 Days!  (Read 6540 times)

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Re: OK TBP FREDDERS, you got about 13 Days
be sure what you submit works, people!

Darkmaster, I doubt The long run will be on the DVD. I can already tell you got much to fix. Very much. Sorry :sigh:

Ok no problem. Please PM me about the bugs, thanks.

I don't intend to let some buggy things go to the DVD, so don't worry. If we can make it in time, it's good. But the most important thing is the quality of the stuff.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:34:16 am by darkmaster »
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
it's worse. Check your PMs. Feel free to flame me.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
According to Vid's suggestion I'll put "The long run" on hold for unlimited time. At least until someone appears and help me tell the right story  and until my FRED skill has improved a lot.

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I wouldn't put it on hold. Your mission designing skills won't improve unless you work on missions. Maybe continue to work on this with a view to having it included in a future campaign pack.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
The problem is mostly on the story-telling aspect. For the FRED I can improve my skill from time to time but there is no hope to improve my ability on telling a story. As VID said, my writing is really very bad, for now I can only correct the bugs but not the plot holes. I'll come back to it later.

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline Vidmaster

these newbies always start with a far to ambitious project which ends up buggy and then forget about it.
CHECK YOUR PMS, MAN!

I am surprised you just didn't noticed what was between the lines. Especially in the upper part.
If you discover something doesn't work like you want to, you dont give up! Rule1 of fredding!
You get yourself somebody to help! Campaigns are huge projects.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 03:39:33 am by Vidmaster »

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Darkmaster, I used to create campaigns for pen&paper games when I was younger. I could give you some storytelling pointers if you'd like. I have a pretty good record, I held a 600 year spanning campaign and my unforgiving players never managed to find a story hole.
AN S&M VERSION OF STAR TREK: BEAT ME UP SCOTTY!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Funnily enough that's where I learned my mission designing skills too.

And my paranoia about methods enterprising players can come up with to break your game. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Vampires: The Masquerade and Forgotten Realms. Best years of my life. If only those devious players didn't pull the rug from under my feet so often..

Offline Vidmaster

it was DasSchwarzeAuge with me, also Pen&Paper  :)

Offline Slasher

Should things be in the form of a .vp or just .fs2 files?  For those who want to know.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
VPs are good. They stop people accidentally modifying the mission you spent all that time setting up perfectly. If they want to see the mission in the editor they still can, but they can't save it back to the vp and corrupt it.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

not to mention that it's much more newbie friendly.

A very very important attribute, said the newbie

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
OK basically times up on the DVD, if you want it on the disc, get it to me ASAP.

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

VPs are good. They stop people accidentally modifying the mission you spent all that time setting up perfectly. If they want to see the mission in the editor they still can, but they can't save it back to the vp and corrupt it.

I would say, if someone can load the mission in the editor, he is probably able to set up a mod folder and play with the edited missions (like I HAD to do with a mission in FH 2260, which otherwise didnt work for me).

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Re: OK TBP FREDDERS, you got 0 Days!
If you find a bug with a campaign the best course of action is to contact the campaign author.

Offline Vidmaster

that would definitly be nice, yes  :ick:

zero days, he? *wanna download*

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

I would say, if someone can load the mission in the editor, he is probably able to set up a mod folder and play with the edited missions (like I HAD to do with a mission in FH 2260, which otherwise didnt work for me).

You'd be surprised how often we have to deal with problems caused by someone saving their own files back into a VP.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Vidmaster

what a shame the TBP training won't make it in time  :lol: