Author Topic: Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing (SMAA) test builds  (Read 5474 times)

Offline m!m

Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing (SMAA) test builds
As those people on discord probably know, I have been working on adding Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing (SMAA) support to FSO as an alternative to the rather outdated FXAA. It was actually incredibly easy to do this so it only took me one day from start to finish to do this.

Here are the test builds: http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/test/smaa/
32-bit Windows builds failed so they are missing at the time of writing this but I restarted the build so hopefully they should be here soon.

SMAA can be enabled with -smaa or via the launcher. If both FXAA and SMAA are enabled, then SMAA takes precedence. The quality can be set with -smaa_preset similar to FXAA. The valid values are in the range of 0 to 3 where 0 means low quality and 3 means "ultra".

I did a quick speed test in which the performance hit was ~7% compared to no AA so it's not too bad. The quality seems to be pretty good, at least as far as I can tell.

Please have a look and let me know if it works for you and if you find any issues.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing (SMAA) test builds
Post screens!

Offline m!m

Fine, here you go:

Allright, DLed and ready to admire the beauty!