Author Topic: Gal Civ II Help  (Read 765 times)

So, I was thinking I would get into more 4X games after enjoying Sword of the Stars.  SotS is a nice game, but I was looking for something different.  So I bought the GalCivII Ultimate Edition off Impulse, and it won't play.  I start it up, and all that happens is the game becomes a nice big black square on the upper-left corner of my screen.  There's no audio, and it basically isn't doing anything.  Its not loading, and its just sitting there looking all black and refusing to minimize or do anything.  My computer can definitely handle it, however I'm wondering if the problem is my monitor uses a 16:10 aspect ratio, which GalCivII was not meant for.  Any advice from anyone on these forums?

EDIT: Never mind, a quick search on the GalCivII forums solved my problems.  I'm guessing it was a problem with my resolution or something similar because the solution was to manually set the game's resolution to my desktop resolution in its .ini file.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 02:18:01 pm by SpardaSon21 »
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems