Author Topic: New Screenshots Browser  (Read 4851 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
New Screenshots Browser
I've coded a new screenshots browser and organized the screenshots I've been able to dig up as best I can.  The screenshots page is currently on another server, since hard-light doesn't offer the permissions to do everything I need it to do.  It's still accessible via the Screenshots link on the main website, http://swfs2.hard-light.net/.  So check it out, they should all be uploaded by the time you read this.

For anyone interested in the more technical stuff, here's what it does.
Dynamically scans the passed in folder for all screenshot images
Checks that there is a thumbnail for each of them in the directory
If not, it makes a new thumbnail for that screenshot
Then it displays all the links to the screenshots in that folder with thumbnails
It also shows links to all subdirectories in the current folder
So to create new categories, you just make a new folder with the name that you want to show up as its link.

All of this is read on the fly.  To add screenshots all that has to be done is to drop them in the appropriate folder.  The next time someone views that folder the script will create a thumbnail automatically.  It also cleans up thumbs, so that if screenshots are moved around without moving their thumbnails, the unnecessary thumbnails will be removed.

If you have any suggestions for it just let me know.  Enjoy!
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
Re: New Screenshots Browser
Sweet you got it working :yes: Looks Great.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline Dysko

Oohhh.... Eclipse Star Destroyer... does it have a working superlaser? If not, I could try to TBL it myself...
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
If not, I could try to TBL it myself...

Be my guest :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Actually, I'm not sure we still have the model. If I remember correctly, it was a converted model probably from some website.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Dysko

Here it is!
I've tried to attain to Wookiepedia's data: it is smaller than DS's superlaser, but powerful enough to blow up a single ship, so I made it powerful enough to blow up the... ehm... Volition Bravos with a single shot.
I was not sure for the range: I think 95 kms are enough for a "baby superlaser".
I was not sure even for the "charging up" time: since it's a smaller laser, I think it takes something like 15 seconds to power up. It then fires for 5 seconds and powers down abruptely (like in the movie).
I've given it a diameter of 450 meters (I suppose that the large superlaser corridor in the final mission of XWA is double of that).

Attached the TBL. Not sure it can be a good superlaser though :nervous:

[attachment deleted by admin]
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it