Hosted Projects - Standalone > Archived Star Wars Conversion Threads

FS2 StarWars

<< < (2/37) > >>

IceFire:
You CAN make models much bigger....

For instance.  A number of planet models have been made with fairly realistic sizes, but the problem I think lies in collision detection.  I think when Kazan went to test a Vorlon Planet Killer (a supposedly 50km across monstrosity) there were major flythrough problems.  That may have been the converter as well.

In any case, you aren't going to get the kind of detail on the Death Star that you want....most likely.

LtNarol:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by IceFire

For instance.  A number of planet models have been made with fairly realistic sizes, but the problem I think lies in collision detection.  I think when Kazan went to test a Vorlon Planet Killer (a supposedly 50km across monstrosity) there were major flythrough problems.  That may have been the converter as well.

In any case, you aren't going to get the kind of detail on the Death Star that you want....most likely.
--- End quote ---
hmmmm, if he went with all 9 lods, lod 9 being the sphere, lod0 being the detailed surface; if he took the same kind of aproach with it that the TBP team did with B5, how many polys do you think he can get in lod0 before the game quits on him?

Kabal:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by IceFire

The model i am making wont be directly attacked. It is way to big for that, and i probably wouldn't be able to make the trench reactor that luke flew down and launched the two proton torps into. Instead, the main beam on the death star will shoot down specific targets (fire-beam operator) and a big war will go on next to it. Of course, many things will probably change over time...
--- End quote ---

Kabal:
Hehehe in 3dsmax 4 i used a sphere with a radius of 250 units to recreate the death star and after i got it ready (no subsystems or anything) i played it in the game...i will never do that again...whoo that was a big @ss ship

actually i don't really have much time to follow these forums,
btw my email is [email protected]
if any has star wars models converted for the fs2 engine, well, could he possibly send them to me??? it would be a great help:)

(sw mod site: http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo)

thx to all for help:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version