FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

RELEASE: Dusk Wars Act II

<< < (2/18) > >>

Nick123q23:
I stopped lurking just to ask you, what is dusk wars? It certainly sounds interesting.

NeonShivan:

--- Quote from: Nick123q23 on August 08, 2014, 10:47:57 pm ---I stopped lurking just to ask you, what is dusk wars? It certainly sounds interesting.

--- End quote ---

[Insert Welcome to HLP Poster here]

What an excellent question, Dusk Wars is a modification for Freespace 2, a set of campaigns set in a universe completely different from the Freespace 2 universe with its own models, weapons, sound effects and assets.

Knarfe1000:
The download doesn´t start   :confused:

"File not found on server" error message.

Nyctaeus:

--- Quote from: BTA on August 08, 2014, 01:41:16 pm ---
--- Quote --- Second Reality plays here and brings grim feel about unavoidable defeat, while there are only few wings of shivan fighters.
--- End quote ---

All in a learning experience, wasn't exactly an atmosphere I was trying to go for :)

Also...my attempt to create a unique race using a Shivan backbone has clearly failed...will need to make them more unique in future releases :D

--- End quote ---
Yeah, Anshari are just... Too shivan. I have this awkward feel when I'm fighting them. When I want to feel that I fight Anshari, I feel like during ordinary fight with classic shivans. Bal'ran are better in that case. Windu beams rlz :D.

People said that storyline and missions are much more important than ships. This situation leads me to different conclussion. I can say: Indeed, storyline and missions are the most important, bur proper fleet is important as well.

Maybe try with some recoloured Nightmares, "white" shivans or something.

Nick123q23:
Played through to mission 22 of act II, it's like playing ASW with beams and a bunch of homeworld references. Really fun and enjoyable, though I did encounter one problem,

In the very second mission of act I, the mission is nearly impossible to complete without either you dieing or the pylos exploding. They're just too many damn bombers and those dragon-esque fighters preventing you to focus on the bombers. Wing men in that mission die near instantly after the demon's engines are holed and the bombers abandon the scene. I ran it on very easy, it still happened.
Other than that, every other mission had balanced difficulty.

Also, a nitpick if you care about them, the tech room doesn't display all the ships, like the demon,scorpion and shaitan, and some bal'ran ships

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version