Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

Imperial Raider

(1/3) > >>

Deathsnake:
There is a new ship for X-Wing Miniature game and its looking interessting.

A Counterpart for the Corellian Corvette:

The Imperial Raider Corvette

Kuat Drive Yards began manufacturing the Raider-class corvette in 6BBY as a dedicated anti-fighter vessel after it was successfully pitched by Lira Wessex, the designer of the Imperial-class Star Destroyer. She recognized that the Imperial Navy lacked a small, modern craft to reinforce the TIE fighter squadrons deployed by Star Destroyers, and she designed the Raider-class corvette as a durable, 150m vessel that featured multiple hardpoints and would excel at suppressing Rebel fighter attacks.

I say : YES FOR A NEW SHIP!!! :D

UPS:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Raider-class_corvette
:D

CountBuggula:
Huh.  I have a hard time getting a sense of scale from that model.  I don't see a real need for such a ship in game, as we already have the Carrack Cruiser that fills that role for the Empire.  That said, our policy always is that if someone wants to make an EU ship, they're welcome to try.  If it meets our quality standards and fits the look and feel of OT ships (which is usually a judgement call by Chief1983) then there's a high chance we'll include it.  That doesn't mean it would show up in the campaign missions we're creating, but it'd be available for custom missions.

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: CountBuggula on January 07, 2015, 02:20:58 pm ---I don't see a real need for such a ship in game, as we already have the Carrack Cruiser that fills that role for the Empire.

--- End quote ---
It sounds more like a Lancer than a Carrack.

headdie:

--- Quote from: AdmiralRalwood on January 07, 2015, 02:39:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: CountBuggula on January 07, 2015, 02:20:58 pm ---I don't see a real need for such a ship in game, as we already have the Carrack Cruiser that fills that role for the Empire.

--- End quote ---
It sounds more like a Lancer than a Carrack.

--- End quote ---

Wasnt the Lancer a less common and larger ship that the Carrack making it more akin to the Nebulon B  for the rebels?

CountBuggula:
They're honestly all fairly close in size.  Wookiepedia has the Corvette at 150m, the Lancer at 250m, Nebulon-B at 300m, and Carrack at 350m.  Besides, the Empire also used the Nebulon-B - if I remember right all of the Rebellion's were stolen.

Again, though - our resources are limited, so since it's not something we need for the campaign and it's not an OT ship, nobody currently on the team will likely take the time to do it.  That doesn't stop you or anyone else from taking a stab at it, and if you come up with a great model, great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version