Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

Imperial Raider

<< < (2/3) > >>

Droid803:
This thing (150m) is supposedly smaller than Lancers (250m) which are in turn smaller than Carracks (350m).
Carracks are apparently larger than Nebulon-B's (300m) which feels kind of silly given those ridiculous giant windows which makes it look really small.

Of course, how the things feel visually, it should be the reverse.

Guys making these designs have no sense of scale, just shove a number on it and that's how big it is amirite. It's why I absolutely detest the Carrack. It's a penisbrick with derpy windows that looks like it should be some 50-100m long freighter at the largest. A more agreeable look for something carrack-like would be the tartan from EaW.

This thing at least looks...better.

Mongoose:
Honestly that thing mainly looks like someone slapped really huge TIE panels onto a Star Destroyer.

Deathsnake:
The Imperial Raider is almost as big as a Corellian Corvette:

FIGHT! My bet is on the Imperial Raider. More guns. Mini Star Destroyer :D

Or both a lost against my Star Citizen 890 Jump :D

5 turrets + 2 missileturrets+ 2 Fighters :D 20m shorter but the rest are in the size of the 2 Star Wars Corvettes.

CountBuggula:

--- Quote from: Droid803 on January 07, 2015, 03:25:03 pm ---This thing (150m) is supposedly smaller than Lancers (250m) which are in turn smaller than Carracks (350m).
Carracks are apparently larger than Nebulon-B's (300m) which feels kind of silly given those ridiculous giant windows which makes it look really small.

Of course, how the things feel visually, it should be the reverse.

Guys making these designs have no sense of scale, just shove a number on it and that's how big it is amirite. It's why I absolutely detest the Carrack. It's a penisbrick with derpy windows that looks like it should be some 50-100m long freighter at the largest. A more agreeable look for something carrack-like would be the tartan from EaW.

This thing at least looks...better.

--- End quote ---

A agree about the Carrack - which is why we've tried hard to minimize that in our version.  The window is still huge, but isn't the ridiculous implausible behemoth it was before.  Here's an in-game screenshot:

wookieejedi:
Looks fantastic!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version