Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

Y-Wing Longprobe

(1/3) > >>

CountBuggula:
I love surprising you guys with something complete.  Zookeeper and I have been working on this a bit recently and it's now complete and zookeeper is working on getting it rigged and in-game.  I think it turned out great, and should give mission builders another fun unique craft to play with.

Credits:

Model: Brand-X and zookeeper
Texture: Brand-X and CountBuggula

A couple of notes on specs:

Faster than Y-Wing
No warhead or secondary armament

If we can figure out a way to make things like ID range/speed be dynamic, we'll boost the stats for this ship so it has an actual in-game function without needing custom work by FREDDers.

Dain:
Looks ace. Nice to see this much variety in ships, even if they are just slight variations on existing models. The plain metal look is really nice too, distinguishes it nicely from the vanilla Y-wing. Is Brand-X's fully plated Y-wing still in?

Also, for some reason my appreciation of the Y-wing as a design seems to have increased over the last few years.

CountBuggula:

--- Quote from: Dain on February 20, 2017, 01:41:04 pm ---Looks ace. Nice to see this much variety in ships, even if they are just slight variations on existing models. The plain metal look is really nice too, distinguishes it nicely from the vanilla Y-wing. Is Brand-X's fully plated Y-wing still in?

Also, for some reason my appreciation of the Y-wing as a design seems to have increased over the last few years.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  Brand's covered Y-Wing was the old pre-hard drive crash version.  He never made a covered version of the rebuilt one, but I see it as a small price to pay for a vastly improved model.  It probably wouldn't be terribly difficult for one of us to make a covered version by modifying the current Y-Wing, but it's not a priority.

Thaeris:
I always hated those raised engines - Star Wars Galaxies did a lot of weird junk like that to the ships proper. If anything, good 'ole Rebellion did it best (and probably first) with the Longprobe:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120613155124/starwars/images/a/ad/YWingLongprobe-SWR.png

I think there's plenty of room for changes such as no secondaries or adding a new turret fixture / sensors to the ship. You don't have to recreate or repeat some of the weird stuff that SWG made - the Longprobe isn't anything radical. It uses the Y-Wing's already good sensors and some more avionics on top of that. If they changed or uprated the engines, they'd certainly be in the same location the old ones were. Otherwise you're just ruin the flight dynamics of the ship.

Alan Bolte:
If there's no secondaries, would it be worth the trouble to remove the launcher geometry, or at least clean up the dirt on the texture so that they don't look like they've been used?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version