Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

New Trailer for Star Wars Day!

(1/2) > >>

CountBuggula:
May the Fourth be with you! In celebration of Star Wars day, all of us at Fate of the Galaxy want to share what we have been working on for the past several months.

Official news updates on the game's development have been relatively quiet, but as you might have seen there is continual chatter on the Discord channel, and even more work going on behind the scenes. Our beta testers have provided valuable feedback for all three story campaigns, and we are hard at work polishing and improving the game.

We also want to share the work of our newest modeler, Limbert, who has made stunning cockpits for the TIEs and X-wing fighters, as well as a brand new Bulk Freighter! The cockpits are fully functional and integrated with HUD (RTT) gauges, so the player can truly feel like a star fighter pilot. This also makes players using head tracking able to have a far more immersive and comfortable experience. Other polishing efforts include further visual enhancements, lighting tweaks, and scripting improvements--all aimed to fully capture the feel of the Original Trilogy.

We also want to acknowledge the work of ngld and co. for continually improving the Knossos software platform. We have used Knossos for beta testing and it will be our primary means of distribution for our public release.

Finally, we want to thank you, the fans of Fate of the Galaxy, for your patience, excitement, and support! We are not far away from our public release, but in the meantime we wanted to share our first trailer!

Cyborg17:
Looking really polished!! I'm very excited to play!

Nightmare:
Oh, that's really cool!! :)

BTW how close are we to the release now? Looked on Discord, but there wasn't much going on...

2 things I'm seeing though:
-isn't the "Hyperdrive activated"-gauge (0:21) supposed to be at the center of the screen?
-The "damaged subsystem"-list is too long for the gauge (0:47).

wookieejedi:
Thanks! We are getting very close. I actually just fixed both of those hud issues when I uploaded the trailer, so things are moving along quite effectively!

And we are always happy to answer random questions on Discord, so if it seems quiet feel free to ask!

Nightmare:
OK, will do so from time to time. :) Just keep in mind that not everybody has Discord (though I have it), so it might be good for interested people/lurkers to have some more public info, even if it's just 2 or 3 sentences.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version