Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 98415 times)

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging
the problem with mantle is that despite being one of the more kino and atmospheric heavy campaigns, especially in its representation of the HoL, there is a crippling amount of technical issues to even get it running. i think it'll make for a good stream ala trimurti that you shouldn't immediately write it off, but you're gonna have to do some work when that time comes

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline CT27

Earlier I gave my opinions as to which campaigns I've played that were above average in terms of difficulty.  Here are the ones I think are easier than average (that's not to say there isn't sometimes the occasional hard mission...just that the campaign overall feels easier than average) in no particular order:

Eagle Takes Flight
The Destiny Of Peace
Warzone
Derelict

The other campaigns I generally consider to be in the middle somewhere to varying degrees.

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
check the first page, CT.

>Series Resurrecta after Shrouding the Light
oh man

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Finally managed to catch up with the parts I missed last Sunday.

A few things:
- The problem that main form of character interaction is "bickering" is hurting the campaign a lot; moreso that it is actually constructed backwards as a prequel story - meaning that there is a lot of conflict created the resolution of which is an already known quantity. Depicting the growing pains from "14 years of space trench warfare" to "space NATO" is a commendable idea, and I think it is has been taken up better elsewhere - e.g. BtA - but these campaigns are still a bit far and few in between.

- I don't remember a mention that this is one of the first (chronologically) campaign - to my knowledge - that didn't have a terran player-avatar; that is still something quite rare in community. I know it is quite a challenging task, simply because added pressure of making Vasudans feel alien enough.

- There is something with Shrouding the Light that I see as a "designer", and that is the absense of all the noise. What I have come to hate about the FS2 era is just how much stuff is going on - which is fine if you are deliberately going for situation where the player is supposed to be overwhelmed at first and then dig themselves out. While StL has a lot of these situations where your availible for force seems to be insufficent (possibly an overcorrection for the guardianed wingmen), but the ammount of stuff going is actually quite manageable.

On that last point remind me to send you a copy of Walking on Ashes at some point - if you really want to see overwhelming looks like; it is all the worst inclinations you have seen in the Memories of the Great War dialed up to eleven.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Stamps for both parts of STL so far!

When catching up with today's stream, the video abruptly ended a couple mins after starting the 4th mission of Origins. Will next week start with that mission again? Whoops. Just saw your comment on the video. :P

Hidden Text: Show
0:00:00 - Waiting Room
0:09:07 - Pre-Stream Banter
0:16:44 - Cutscene 1
0:19:49 - Mission #1: The Parry
0:33:00 - Mission #2: Striking Back
0:52:28 - Mission #3: A Stalking Horse
0:53:01 - Roc in the Rocks
1:08:15 - Cutscene 2
1:10:32 - Mission #4: Intruder
1:35:26 - Mission #5: Distraction
2:03:24 - Mission #6: Provocation
2:19:13 - Mission #7: The Great Hunt
2:32:23 - The Great Bonk
2:45:27 - Mission #8: Investment
3:15:00 - Mission #9: In Name Only
3:49:51 - Cutscene 3
3:52:13 - Mission #10: The Light Revealed
4:17:13 - Post-Stream Banter

0:08:58 - Pre-Stream Banter
0:13:35 - Mission #11: Salvage
0:31:51 - Mission #12: Siege
1:19:33 - Cutscene 4
1:21:19 - Mission #13: Dividends
1:56:59 - Mission #14: Heart of the Beast
2:28:48 - Mission #15: The Hammer Falls
3:05:32 - Cutscene 5

Shrouding the Light: Origins

3:09:22 - Cutscene 1
3:10:48 - Mission #1: Footprints
3:28:33 - Mission #2: We Are Not Alone
3:36:23 - Mission #3: Execution
3:49:56 - Cutscene 2
3:51:07 - Mission #4: Preparations (Incomplete)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 12:20:56 am by Colt »

Offline CT27

check the first page, CT.

>Series Resurrecta after Shrouding the Light
oh man

I checked the first page, what should I be looking for?  Or was the SR-STL line meant for me too? 

If you're saying what I think you're saying...I agree.  The SR campaigns are a tangible jump in difficulty from the STL campaigns (while I didn't put the STL campaigns in my "easy" campaigns list...I would say they're on the 'easier' side of the middle ground spectrum...IMO.)

Offline starlord

Seen the stream. Quite nice, so thanks for that.

If you are looking for FS1 timeline mini campaigns in the future to complete a stream, I would recommend eagle takes flight and crucible.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Alas, I can't find any good 16:9 banner for Series Resurrecta for the YouTube thumbnail. Don't suppose anyone can fashion one?

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Since the Demon one is already used for the Single Missions stream, here's the Typhon shot.  :)

Spart_n also took some nice shots. I'll post those below the Typhon image.

(Some rescaling might be necessary: Spart_n's are 1366x768 while the Typhon is 2560x1080)
I rescaled them to 1920x1080. The first one is a non-rescaled one where I just cut out a bit of the right side.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 02:21:01 pm by Colt »

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
We hit 100 subscribers! You guys are awesome! :P I'll have to give you a proper reward via me screaming like a little ***** playing Amnesia this week.

Thanks for the awesome screens. I'm going to use that last one Colt posted for Series Resurrecta. EDIT: Oops, YouTube won't let me use those because they're larger than 2 meg...

I see that FSO has an update, FreeSpace Port MVPs, FreeSpace MVPs, and Between the Ashes all have updates. I'm hesitant to potentially break my stuff, so I might have to bother Mito to see if the mods are compatible with these before I proceed with updates.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 02:31:53 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Is there a reason the new FSPort MVPs aren't using Mixael's MainHalls? I noticed when I booted up the latest FSPort MVP, I had the default MainHalls. Upon investigating the Modify settings in Knossos, I saw that MainHalls was not included as a dependency.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
I see that FSO has an update, FreeSpace Port MVPs, FreeSpace MVPs, and Between the Ashes all have updates. I'm hesitant to potentially break my stuff, so I might have to bother Mito to see if the mods are compatible with these before I proceed with updates.

Generally speaking mods *should* only load these newer assets and versions once they've been tested to be compatible, so if you download all the upgraded versions and play an older mod that's not compatible Knossos should load the older versions and all should be well.

But I admit, 'should' doesn't always mean 'will'...

As for the port MVPs, there's some shifts in how the MVPs and mainhalls interconnect after the lsat method caused some problems, and I think the main and port mvps are still figuring out exactly how to adapt to that best
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Is there a reason the new FSPort MVPs aren't using Mixael's MainHalls? I noticed when I booted up the latest FSPort MVP, I had the default MainHalls. Upon investigating the Modify settings in Knossos, I saw that MainHalls was not included as a dependency.

This is due to the way the main halls are now configured in the MVPs.  It is now necessary to manually select a mainhalls package for every mod that previously used the main halls automatically, even for mods that themselves weren't changed but still want to use MVPs 4.5.

This was done to avoid making the main halls a required download for everybody, but it now has the side effect of adding an extra step for every mod.  I made the same mistake on FSPort MVPs 4.3, but I figured out a configuration trick that made things more user-friendly on FSPort MVPs 4.4.

I am in the process of updating FSPort MVPs (and the mods that I uploaded which use FSPort MVPs) to account for this.  There is an open request for the MediaVPs to use the configuration trick on the 4.6 MVP release.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Work has absolutely been kicking my ass, but I managed to get some personal projects done and I'll try to find time to go back and time stamp my stuff. I know I'm getting a little behind and I can keep taking Colt for granted. :P

I hope you guys are looking forward to tomorrow's stream.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Series Resurrecta seems to have serious memory hog problems. Even with 16gb of RAM this thing's crashing when trying to load missions telling me it ran out of memory.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Also if you guys could be so awesome as to post in this thread any pertinent updates on mods (on or off my playthrough timeline), FreeSpace Open, MVPs, or anything else so I can give a proper shout-out and plug things HLP is currently working on during the pre-stream banter, that would be awesome. I'd like to try to use what little exposure my tiny-ass channel can give to better showcase what this great community is working on.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Darius

Well it was touched upon in the last stream but if you haven't yet cast your eye on Solaris, let me direct you to the release thread.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Bit late is an understatement.  :nervous:

Below are the stamps for the last part of StL: Origins and the first part of SR. Gonna post the 2nd SR stream stamps in an hour or so.

Hidden Text: Show
********** Shrouding the Light: Origins **********
0:08:53 - Pre-Stream Banter
0:12:35 - Mission #4: Preparations
0:27:50 - Mission #5: Circles Within Circles
0:46:26 - Mission #6: At the Gates (of Joe's patience)
1:29:12 - Blamed for a crime he didn't commit
1:39:31 - Cutscene 3
1:41:18 - Mission #7: End of the Beginning
2:03:01 - Mission #8: An Exercise in Futility
2:22:00 - Mission #9: Deliverance (Stay with convoy)
2:37:17 - Mission #9: Deliverance (Stay with Khem)
********** Burning Heaven **********
3:02:18 - Nope
********** Series Resurrecta: Gehenna's Gate (Sneak peak) **********
3:06:59 - Fiction 1
3:09:24 - Mission #1: Chasing Megalodon
3:38:13 - Post-Stream Banter

********** Series Resurrecta: Gehenna's Gate **********
0:09:40 - Pre-Stream Banter
0:15:49 - Fiction 1
0:18:26 - Mission #1: Chasing Megalodon
0:46:39 - Fiction 2
0:48:49 - Mission #2: A Renewed Threat
1:16:28 - Peeking the Tech Room
1:19:15 - Fiction 3
1:21:20 - Mission #3: Eye of the Cyclone
1:42:08 - Fiction 4
1:45:24 - Mission #4: Venturing inside the Tomb
2:15:03 - Fiction 5
2:18:46 - Mission #5: Doomtrains of Salem (EMP HELL)
2:59:01 - Fiction 6
3:01:36 - Mission #6: Raise Thy Sword (Incomplete)
3:58:23 - Post-Stream Banter

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Look forward to a very special stream on October 31st. :P

Save the date!
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube