Author Topic: Let's talk, HLP!  (Read 82144 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Cheers.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
And with everyone posting here, is there anyone interested in joining an HLP Aide team that I suggested? Because we can talk all day about reorganizing the forum, but if we actually want to get people to play and to mod, we need to make the game and mods easier to install and have references easier to find. In a perfect world, you wouldn't need the forum to find new content. It'd be on the installer or on the wiki. The forums should be for discussion or engagement with modders and other like-minded players.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

I'm totally up for making the tools I already use to play things a better way for me to play things, so I'd be up for both the installer and releases team. Is there a sign up process? Or will me signing up actually mean that I have some role in defining what these teams actually do because y'all haven't defined that yet?

I'm also really insecure and terrified that I will break everything. Is that a problem?

I'm also really insecure and terrified that I will break everything. Is that a problem?

Saaaaaame D:

Offline Axem

Well I'm just curious about interest at the moment. I don't think we need a lot of aides, maybe 2 or 3 per group? I listed in the google doc what I feel the roles and actions they would take are, but if you've (or anyone) got some other ideas, I'm all ears.

Also no one worry about breaking stuff. I mean I've lasted 2 years here as admin and haven't broken anything... yeeeeeet...

EDIT: As proof of this, I'd like to point out that when modifying boards, the Modify Board and Delete Board buttons are RIGHT next to each other. Have you seen any boards suddenly go missing yet? QED Don't worry. :cool:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 06:30:27 pm by Axem »

It can't be as bad as me accidently pointing the spam shredder on an innocent user. Does SMF allow for soft-deletions?

Offline Axem

Of course 5 minutes after posting my last post, HLP does down. I am literally the best admin ever.

Again, don't worry about breaking stuff.

If anyone is interested or has ideas or questions relating to the aides, post a quip here or PM me. I'm all caught up in getting something released in a week so I don't think we'd start much until like March or something.

Anyway, I just started an HLP Youtube page. So subscribe to it, we'll subscribe back to you and we'll... think of things to do with it. (Mjn, make some pretty channel art for it!!) If we get 100 subscribers (and after 30 days) we can apply for a human readable URL, which I think would be pretty cool.

EDIT: Also whoever has like owner access to the facebook or reddit stuff could get in contact with me, that'd be cool.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:38:45 pm by Axem »

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
I can do work with either the wiki or installer aide teams. Additionally, because I am a "cool" and "hip" youngster, I can give assistance to the marketing team if need be.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Also there is www.facebook.com/buntuscum

"Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

FYI

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I can do work with either the wiki or installer aide teams. Additionally, because I am a "cool" and "hip" youngster, I can give assistance to the marketing team if need be.

I'll send you a PM.  I've got some ideas about both the wiki and the installer.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Interviews were super cool! But the last one was done literally 3 years ago. Let's do them again!
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We used to have a group of Interviewers; it could be thought of as a forerunner of one of the HLP Aide groups.  Feel like interviewing someone, JSRNerdo?  Pick a topic, pick a person, and do the interview, and I'll give you an Interviewers badge.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Also there is www.facebook.com/buntuscum

"Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

FYI

Do a search for UEF.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Of course 5 minutes after posting my last post, HLP does down. I am literally the best admin ever.

Again, don't worry about breaking stuff.

If anyone is interested or has ideas or questions relating to the aides, post a quip here or PM me. I'm all caught up in getting something released in a week so I don't think we'd start much until like March or something.

Anyway, I just started an HLP Youtube page. So subscribe to it, we'll subscribe back to you and we'll... think of things to do with it. (Mjn, make some pretty channel art for it!!) If we get 100 subscribers (and after 30 days) we can apply for a human readable URL, which I think would be pretty cool.

EDIT: Also whoever has like owner access to the facebook or reddit stuff could get in contact with me, that'd be cool.

Subbed.

Idea:  Pinned thread with a list of all HLP social media accounts.  Then everyone can get their fix the way they want to get it.  We've already got most of them in the HLP drop-down menu (speaking of which, add YT to that list?)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Idea: you play a campaign and post your thoughts!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
OK, so I posted a fun thing on Twitter today and was surprised by one of the responses and thought it was relevant to our push into Social Media. One guy knows about HLP enough to follow the Twitter account, but had no idea we had a new HTL Apollo. I feel like that says something significant.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

`Oi! You could also be ensuring that Blue Planet gets Knossos support. You could download and try Knossos so that you can better help in ensuring that our community in general gets Knossos support because Knossos is a beautifull installer that just lets you click on a campaign, and then it sorts out all the dependencies for you! Knossos is the future of the FS2 community and you could be preparing BP for that and help ngld make it happen! You could post your thoughts on how Knossos can be better then the FSO installer we have now! Which in turn helps other people play your campaigns and let's them post their thoughts!

--

That goes for everybody, actually. I do think Knossos has the potential to open up FS2 to a larger audience by virtue of it being this "install and launch" program. Mod makers in this thread: Help make that happen!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
`Oi! You could also be ensuring that Blue Planet gets Knossos support. You could download and try Knossos so that you can better help in ensuring that our community in general gets Knossos support because Knossos is a beautifull installer that just lets you click on a campaign, and then it sorts out all the dependencies for you! Knossos is the future of the FS2 community and you could be preparing BP for that and help ngld make it happen! You could post your thoughts on how Knossos can be better then the FSO installer we have now! Which in turn helps other people play your campaigns and let's them post their thoughts!

--

That goes for everybody, actually. I do think Knossos has the potential to open up FS2 to a larger audience by virtue of it being this "install and launch" program. Mod makers in this thread: Help make that happen!
The existence of Knossos has eluded me up until this post. So I am glad that you pointed out that Knossos is a thing. I shall make some time to look at Knossos this week and will provide my thoughts about Knossos in the Knossos thread. At brief glance Knossos seems very promising  :yes:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

With all due respect, I don't think sniping at people like this is in anyone's interest.

Dekker, maybe I'm dense, but I'm not finding anything. :(

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Try the link again. I'll check the privacy settings on the page.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.