Hosted Projects - Standalone > Wing Commander Saga

Looking for a little help...

(1/1)

Enter Callsign:
Hey! I'm not sure how active these forums are but I figure if I can ask anywhere, this'll be the place. I've been modding and mission making for Freespace on and off for the better part of 20 years, and WCS especially since it's release, so I like to think I have a rough idea of what I'm doing, but there are a few aspects of WC:DD modding I've never really gotten the hang of. Three specifically: missions using navpoints and autopilot, wrapping my head around how the cloaking mechanic functions and how to end missions by landing on a carrier. I used to make single-function missions that did a particular thing like the ending-a-mission-after-a-landing, like a-docking-and-IFF-change to simulate capturing a ship/facility, etc, so I could refer back to it whenever I took a break from the game and came back so I didn't have to relearn how to do it all from scratch, but it appears my back ups for this missions have disappeared, so I was wondering if there were any tutorials around explaining how some of these WC:DD specific functions worked? I vaguely remember there being tutorial or an explainer on how the autopiloting worked shortly after the WC:FRED was released a decade ago. Whenever I search for tutorials, etc, I seem to mostly only get threads from 15 years or so ago of conversations taking place during development.

If anyone could help me out or nudge me in the right direction, I'd be might appreciative.

Admiral Nelson:
Hi there! That depends on whether or not you want to mod for the original WCSaga or the version I ported to "regular" FSO a while ago.  These days probably no one would be familiar with the WCDD builds that are now over 10 years old. I really didn't find too much missing when porting it over to regular FSO,  so I'd suggest just using the Knossos version of WC Saga and regular FRED.

Most discussion now a days is on Discord, rather than on these forums - it would be a good idea to join the HLP Discord and there are plenty of people who would be happy to chat about your work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version