Author Topic: Crysis 3 - CELL is a not-for-Prophet enterprise  (Read 5572 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Crysis 3 - CELL is a not-for-Prophet enterprise
Prophet got a lot of exposure to the Ceph when he was grabbed and taken into the ice sphere, I guess. I think this is also where he first met the
Spoiler:
Alpha Ceph  :rolleyes:

As for Alcatraz, Crysis 3 mentions that
Spoiler:
the 'Alcatraz personality' was badly damaged during the events of C2 and has been placed in sequestered storage in the suit.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i don't recall anywhere in C2 revealing that nomad was dead.  i don't care about comics or any other kind of crap outside of the actual games, so if that's where it is i missed it.  i took prophet's ranting about loosing his team to be about aztec and jester.
I like to stare at the sun.

It'd be a very silly way of writing the main character of Crysis 1 out of the series to do it in such a manner though. Wonder if it's symbolical in some way.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

So, just finished it. Pretty short, but I had a lot of fun. The level design is probably my favorite out of the lot so far, probably because the environments were really well done and there was generally quite a bit more going on in a given area than in the first two. Granted, most of that was meaningless background stuff that was only there for visual appeal, but coming from someone that felt C2 was a little on the bland side it was still a welcome change.

The typo in the fight against the sudden plot device was pretty great too.

Not really sure how I feel about the story yet. The various data pick-ups that detail things about the Ceph were certainly cool, and I liked how threatening they were. I also really liked the majority of Prophet's dialogue, especially near the end. However, as has been stated, there's one glaring flaw with the way the Ceph are presented this time around that kinda annoys me. The fact that it basically jumps out of nowhere is even worse.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Wonder if it's symbolical in some way.

It is. It's symbolic of crappy writing.

Possibly other things too, but definitely crappy writing.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
This game has really ****ing good multiplayer. Right now I am in the global Top 500 :toot: