Author Topic: Telgorn shipyard development  (Read 3281 times)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
Telgorn shipyard development
ok, so after chatting with chief, and thinking about it, I ahve realized that I need to do something straightforward, with decent refs, that is really needed for the mod, yet is a good start, with a not overly challenging texture, so after the chat, I have decided to make the telgorn shipyards, so to start I made the utility tug V2.5 its 2.5 cause it looks like type 2, but has the charistics of V3, (speed of 33MGLT), and the additional of 2 TIE type lasers for defense against asteroids, and pirates along with the tractor beams(note not actual colors, uving, texturing, and engine still needed). also as far as I know it will be multiplayer flyable, though, main advantage will be tractor beam
this is the shipyards in case you were wondering

also, does anybody know what the original engines on this looked like?

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
Re: Telgorn shipyard development
Telgorn WIP, the main mesh is done, however still need detailing on the: bridge, sensor globes, pod detailing, and hangers,  but this is pretty much the base

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
Now on the utility tug, I have been working on developing and fine tuning it with swashmebuckle to make it fit in, and look good. I pretty much have approval, though still need one last check by swash, then I begin uving

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Tug's looking pretty good - huge improvement from the last set of pictures.  Look forward to seeing it textured.

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Nice model, looks good, can't wait to see it textured. How many polies on that tug?

What sort of details are you adding to the hangars? They seemed like one of the (artistically) weaker points of the original model to me.

Quote from: greyleader
[snip]...only really need a couple of 512 maps...[snip]...how environment buildings are constructed in an FPS, and since...[snip]...decent when viewed from a far away distance.
:wtf:
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
actualy I have a plan on the detailing, there are only 6 right now, cuase I wanted to simulate the station all together, really I am only detailing and mapping one

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok guess I will show the base colors on the tug

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok bobby made me some burns and dirt, and I did a bit of paneling.
also, some good news, after I finish this and the dagger, I am reviving the #2-warpod, and the scimitar assualt bomber. I now have the skill to hopefully uv map them, and texture them. (also, will have prelimanery texturing on the rebel dagger soon)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well, the idea on the dagger is that it had several previous owners, and they havent had time to paint over most of it. note, I am making a couple of variants of it as well. 2nd, I do need to adjust those lines slightly. third, I put those 2 areas in seperate smoothing groups, because of minor errors, working on fixing that