General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

De-synching guns

<< < (2/2)

Novachen:

--- Quote from: Asteroth on May 10, 2022, 08:55:43 pm ---'Cycle Primary Weapon Firing Rate' is an SCP addition for weapons with the "dynamic primary linking" flag, which only a few mods use. I'm fairly sure there is no way in stock fs2 to change your rate of fire except implicitly by linking.

--- End quote ---

The firing rate has nothing to do with the primary linking however. That is another hotkey ;-)

It changes how a primary weapon is firing. For example, if you have a primary weapon with two banks this key decides if you shoot both banks at the same time or alternately.

EDIT: And it still seems to work without any flags in the retail campaign.

Iain Baker:

--- Quote from: Novachen on May 11, 2022, 01:45:30 am ---
--- Quote from: Asteroth on May 10, 2022, 08:55:43 pm ---'Cycle Primary Weapon Firing Rate' is an SCP addition for weapons with the "dynamic primary linking" flag, which only a few mods use. I'm fairly sure there is no way in stock fs2 to change your rate of fire except implicitly by linking.

--- End quote ---

The firing rate has nothing to do with the primary linking however. That is another hotkey ;-)

It changes how a primary weapon is firing. For example, if you have a primary weapon with two banks this key decides if you shoot both banks at the same time or alternately.

--- End quote ---

Ooh, this sound just what I'm looking for. I'll give it a go :-)

Asteroth:

--- Quote from: Novachen on May 11, 2022, 01:45:30 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I'm legitimately curious what you're referring to now, I just tested it and it indeed works as I described (which is to say, not at all, in stock fs2). Are you still talking about 'Cycle Primary Weapon Firing Rate' or something else?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version