Author Topic: Afterburners not working  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Nissan

Afterburners not working
Hi all...

Earlier today, I installed FS2 using the retail CDs; I had planned to try installing Open afterwards, but before that I decided to make a test run on the regular game.  I simply did the training missions, and during the first one I noticed the afterburner wasn't working.  Basically, if I hit the afterburner key (Tab, and also a button on my joystick), the ship makes the sound of AB fuel running out and accelerates normally.  Even if I change the AB button, the problem is still there.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?
"Uh, yeah, I mean it's tough to say, woulda-coulda-shoulda, ifs and buts like candy and nuts, you know, you never know.  This, that, and the other thing.  Who knows?  You know, there are a lot of what-ifs.  You know, my whole life is a lot of what-ifs."
- San Antonio Spurs F Matt Bonner

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Afterburners not working
Quote from: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/fs2-technical.html#afterburner
Click on the Compatibility tab and choose which ever mode you like (I've heard that Windows 95 works best but you might find otherwise). Use the icon to run FS2 from now on.
@karajorma: I've always had the problem go away when using compatibility for 98/Me... but I'm sure '95 would work too.  :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
When I wrote that a few people reported that 98 didn't work but 95 did. Hence the advice to try 95.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
When I wrote that a few people reported that 98 didn't work but 95 did. Hence the advice to try 95.

You really need to get around to redoing the whole thing. It still has instructions for getting 3.6.7.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah. I know.

Problem with the FAQ is that it dates quickly if I don't take care of it often.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]