Author Topic: Kilrathi K'ha'haf  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Have you ported this ship yet? I kind of like it; it resembles an FS1 Vasudan freighter in a good way.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
yes and no.. .the mesh we have used was ripped directly from the game. Those who have worked with them know that it is not much of a use, missing or doubles faces, wrong uv coordinates, bad textures, etc...

in the near future we' ll remodel the mesh from scratch... I'll post a few screenshots once we have anything presentable
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Lynx

Originally posted by Woolie Wool
Have you ported this ship yet? I kind of like it; it resembles an FS1 Vasudan freighter in a good way.

That ship doesn't look like any ship ever seen in FS except maybe Boshs Iceni dressed up as asteroid and that thing is a zillion times bigger.:p
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
It sort of reminds me of the Bast and Ma'at.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Jup Tolwyn is right..the Khahaf makes me run up the wall and jumoing out the window.
Ether the original model is so quite bad (can't think of that, because some profs made it, but I found things that let me realy think that it was so bad at the beginning) or the converter that rips it from the game is quite bad.
The thing itself looks great, but its a pain in the ass to redu or just to repair the errors in it.
With Tolwyns new method of making rocks we will hopefully make an even better Khahaf.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well actually the model works quite fine. I tested the fighter out in
Freespace and all is o.K. It even has debris.

Only problem is, that we can't add some LOD's due to the geometrie-
errors Lars mentioned, they always screw up PCS.

Maybe it need some textur-corrections, but see for yourself:

MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Nice, but it no longer has that semi-Vasudan look to it because of the color change.

--General Battuta

Offline Lynx

Looks very good, though I'd say that it would look better with individual textures on the ships main body instead of that tiling;)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I agree Lynx, do your best :p

If you got time left, I could send you the model, but I would rather
suggest we keep this on the backburner. When the errors are
corrected, I will build the ship up again and then it's all yours, otherwise you must do here double work.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline psych

It's just a f*cking asteroid guys. As Starman said, this is one in the backburner as we have other projects to worry about. We don't have the resources to work on everything at one time.

psych - the tech advisor guy

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Was seen in one main-WC3 mission so...yeah :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Hey, I liked the rock fighter.  It was nifty concept.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Looks like a rock, shoots you like a fighter. Nifty.

Though a blatant theft of my idea. Damn those guys from Origin, I knew they were spying on me...

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
That explains the addition of that huge, flamboyant, half-rabbit half-hippo thing to their last game.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Um... that one wasn't mine, I swear.

Going this way now. Quickly.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Shrike
Hey, I liked the rock fighter.  It was nifty concept.

No no, it was cool, plenty of armor plating (or asteroid armor) to shoot through to kill these guys.  Ironically, I almost always chose the Arrow for that mission - outmanuver them big time.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
I agree, it was a fun mission and interesting to all of the sudden have rocks shooting at you :)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock