Author Topic: Life of project  (Read 4440 times)

Is there any life to this project still, or this another dead mod?

Offline CT27

Anecdotally, I've heard they're working on an update/bugfixes for Nostos 1, but I haven't heard how Nostos 2 is going.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's deeeed.

Maintenance is likely to happen from time to time, but that's pretty much it.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline starlord

Here’s hoping it’ll be picked up again at some point. The team did a really great job with Nostos, and I’m sure I’m not the only one hoping for a continuation of the storyline.

Offline mr.WHO

Damn, Inferno was my first mod and first thing that made me open a forum account loooooooooong time ago.

It seem like Inferno got a curse of unable to count to two:
R1 released, then stopped.
INFA1 released, then stopped.
Nostos1 released, then stopped.

I hope that you guys release the full campain story script at least to see how the story was to end.

Offline starlord

Things are still being done in series resurrecta it seems, which is arguably inferno lore.

Maybe after a hiatus and some new blood things could prop up again… hopefully.

Offline CT27

This was one of the very first mods I played back in 2003.  I was real excited when Nostos was announced in 2013 and was hopeful we could see how things ended.  Sorry to hear this news (some have mentioned SR, I'll definitely play the next release of that though I probably rather would have seen Nostos 2...Nyc's stuff is good so I'll play what ever campaigns he releases).

Nyctaeus (or any other members of the Nostos team), do you think we could at least get a big Nostos plot dump so we can learn what would have happened in parts 2-4?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
At some point we're planning to dump pretty playable, reworked Act 1 with several, completed Act 2 missions. So far I slowly release assets the team made for Inferno, and currently planning something big with Admiral Nelson.

Also Inferno has a nature of being resurrected from time to time. Last time was Faceman's initiative the rest of the team attached to. Such events are not impossible in the future. Current state of the project is caused by Faceman being too occupied by irl issues to continue the project, and several other members being tired by the project.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline starlord

Hopefully that will be the case and it’ll be resurrected with new blood.

The work of Nostos is really impressive and it would be a shame to let it end here. In any case, thanks to anyone involved.

Offline CT27

At some point we're planning to dump pretty playable, reworked Act 1 with several, completed Act 2 missions. So far I slowly release assets the team made for Inferno, and currently planning something big with Admiral Nelson.

Also Inferno has a nature of being resurrected from time to time. Last time was Faceman's initiative the rest of the team attached to. Such events are not impossible in the future. Current state of the project is caused by Faceman being too occupied by irl issues to continue the project, and several other members being tired by the project.

That's good to hear that's not impossible this project could continue someday.  If it is decided someday though that it won't get completed, I hope we do get a plot dump so we can see how things end.

Thanks for all the work on this.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Just to clarify, the project isn't dead at all. One part of the team is currently busy with real life issues while the other is working on the next SerRes release. It's nobody's fault for this temporary overlap and, at this point, I guess people do understand that SR is a spin-off of INFA that got rebooted as its own project.

Reliable estimates are rather difficult to make right now but Nostos 2 is definitely in our "to do" list.  :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline starlord

Great to know.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
So we discussed some things with Mobius, and need to consult some things further with other Inferno team members. Looks like Nostos 2 [that's halfway done] can be completed. Just needs to wait for it's turn in queue.

Whatever we decide, asset releases will continue.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Count me in guys if you need a hand 👍😎
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

I have been a fan of Inf since its earlier days. It would be awesome if Nos 2 gets completely done   :D