Author Topic: Does VisualStudio* work with Win2000?  (Read 2131 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Does VisualStudio* work with Win2000?
(*or whatever the hell it's called)

I'd rather not have to get XP, because I utterly, utterly hate it after 5 minutes of using it....

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
porbably
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes.  But get VS 6, not VS NET.  NET reeks of XP.

Offline Dracos

Hey, I resent that. (Not really)  .NET has a more standards compliant compiler and comes with an updated PSDK and MSDN reference.  Of course, 6 is still one of the greatest IDEs on the planet.  I really don't have a favorite between the two, but C# is enough reason to have .NET (at least for me.)

It's really 100% up to you which version you get, but I'd suggest  doing a bit of research to figure which version is right for you.

And yes, it will work fine on Win2K no matter which one you go with.  And yes, XP blows.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Well, i don;t actually have a choice.  I need to get the .NET one, because otherwise i have to pay. ... now i just need to wait on the Uni to actually release the disks.

Offline Drew

XP blows.

does not!!!!:hopping: :hopping: :hopping:
i rest my case...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 06:55:11 am by 1243 »
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline Drew

EDIT: sry i doulbe posted :blah:

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
XP blows goats
C# is the ****tiest language in existance
Yes VS .NET works on win2k - but you don't want it
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Kazan
XP blows goats
C# is the ****tiest language in existance
Yes VS .NET works on win2k - but you don't want it

Yes I do.

No, i don't like XP either.

And this is irrelevant, anyways.

Offline mnftg64

i hate XP, its so buggy. I had my taskbar screw up and so far there is no fix for it so I had to reimage my computer. You know what sucks even more? I go to a state of the art private school (we just got this school built, our old one was horribly out of date. It didn't even have air conditioning.) and they issue us laptops, the new IBM R40 (not in stores yet) and we HAVE to have XP........... It sucks. But the laptop itself is a beast of a machine. It has the pentium 4 hyperterminal chip. Now I can really get MODing.

I'm using VS6 now, on my 2K box.  It runs beautifully but messes with the windows code to the point of it being annoying.  No more crash to desktops, you get a crash to the debug\terminate box; which I might add, tends to crash other programs as well.  You also sacrafice a slight ammount of speed and stability, programs crash for no reason now, especially if there is a non-fatal unhandled exception.
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!