FreeSpace Releases > Asset Releases

Release: Effects DB

<< < (2/6) > >>

Nightmare:
Skyboxes added.

Admiral Nelson:
Maybe I'm confused -- there are some skybox folders such as Mars-Orbit with two bitmaps "MarsBack" and "MarsFarBack".  Are these meant to replace the back bitmap of another skybox?  Is there aspecific generic skybox they go with?

Nightmare:
Yes, I'm sorry about the lack of documentation, but this has been built up over several years and I lost oversight a bit... :nervous:
The reason is that they replace only 1 part of another Skybox - in the case you mentioned MilkyWay5. Since they take a lot of space I didn't want to include the other parts again.
However, I left the remarks which part of the skybox is replaced (hopefully - I apparently haven't on those in the CelestailOrbits folder :banghead: ), for example MarsBack and MarsFarBack both replace MilkyWay5Back. Most, if not all of them are either related to MilkyWay5, or can be used with one from the generic StarField folder. Those in the "VasudaPrime"-folder are related to "System-Vasuda".

Ferret:
This is a really awesome release, thanks for putting this together, Nightmare. Did you ever get around to compiling the weapon effects?

Nightmare:
Ahhhh.... Yep. :) I haven't forgotten about it; but I'm somewhat busy doing something for Scroll. I try to finish it next week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version