Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 118928 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yes they do, they straight-up explicitly describe hard information on gameplay changes (for example: increased weapon customizability; end of 'waist high wall' syndrome signaling areas with combat) that directly address weaknesses Mass Effect 2 had.

Alas, they don't really tell you what they will be replacing those "faults" wiht or how they will be implemented.
Their solution could end up beign 10 times worse....

Yes they did. And yes it could totally end up being 10 times worse, but they told you what they're gonna do right there.

PR talk.
"Increased weapon customizabiltiy" can mean a lot of things, especially depending on how it's done.

Sure, except they told you exactly what they'd be doing instead.

"End to chest-high walls" doesn't really tell me what they plan to do insted.

It doesn't, except that they tell you what they'll be doing instead.

Look, again, I'm not saying this game is gonna be amazing and flawless, I fully expect every system they implement to be frustrating and screwed up in some respect because this is Bioware. But at least be cynical for the right reasons instead of stupid reasons that suggest you haven't read anything that gets posted.

From my read of that, their weapon customization appears to borrow from KotOR2, which I happen to like as KotOR2 gave one a lot of ways to customize his weaponry.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
new preview in the new issue of the UK PC Gamer, most of it we already know, but they did reveal one new thing -

Spoiler:
Cereberus is now working for the reapers, much in the same way Saren was.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Luis Dias

Yeah it's the lamest ever.

There was a novel that was about how TIM managed to get someone possessed by the reapers and he took pains to avoid "infection", so to speak. He was so believable cautious in that novel, that I'm just aghast at how this is just being forgotten, nothing but for the ease of writing.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hold your horses there. You have nothing to go on but the pure fact that Cerberus gets indoctrinated, and you are already calling it lazy writing? Sure, it may not be the best resolution to the Cerberus arc on the surface, but wouldn't it be wiser to wait until you actually have played the relevant parts of ME3 before criticizing it as lazy?

I mean, for me, Reaper tech is kinda like the One Ring. It has been established that you can't be around it for some time before it tries to take you over; unless you are a truly exceptional human being (Like Shepard or TIM), you really can't be save. And well.... Depending on how you ended ME2, TIM may be in control of the Collector base, with gods knows how much Reaper badness inside. Can you really, honestly say that, with his given motivations, TIM wouldn't be susceptible to indoctrination just like Saren was? And even if you destroyed the base, who knows what else TIM has lying around?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Luis Dias

I'm not saying that it is impossible, nor am I saying that it won't be written with good lines.

I'm saying that it is lazy and lame. We've done Saren already. Why fight Saren 2.0?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I'd much rather they actually be working independent of the Reapers to bring about post humanism via "Salvation through Destruction" then straight up Indoc.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

I'm actually holding out for some kind of Cerberus splintering, with TIM leading the non-indoctrinated remnants, or at the very least being dead. I don't mind Cerberus working with the Reapers so much, but I agree that it would be out of character for TIM.   

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Holy ****!

Ashley got sexy!!

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooh, dayum.  :jaw:

Offline Kszyhu

I just hope that it's her casual outfit, not an armor.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Oooooooooooooooooooooooh, dayum.  :jaw:

I suddenly feel all vindicated that all my ME1 sheps romanced her.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Lets hope her personality and voice actin matches that hot damn body ! as i found her personality abit annoying in ME1.

Also Mass effect 3 could have "love traingles"

Mass Effect 3 will have no new love interests, BioWare has confirmed, but it will play on romance in far more interesting ways.

Mass Effect exec producer Casey Hudson told PC Gamer that while no new love interests will be added, the old ones from Mass Effect 1 will be reintroduced. And when they cross paths with players' lady of choice from Mass Effect 2, things will get interesting.

"We don't really have new characters that are part of the romance stuff in the way that we did in Mass Effect 2, where we introduced a lot of characters," said Hudson. "So this is more about how you, if you're a new player, how you start these romances with the existing characters. If you've had relationships with previous characters, then it's your opportunity to resolve those.

"But we also have some interesting things happening, where you've got Ashley and Kaiden from the first game, you've got Liara, and there's sort of a love triangle there. And then we gave people a bunch of new characters," added Hudson.

"People said 'Well, I just want my Mass Effect 1 characters, and I'm not interested in any of these characters.' But then a lot of people had romances with those characters, and now the fun is bringing back some of those characters from Mass Effect 1 and putting them back in the mix, and looking at what you did in Mass Effect 2 and bringing some... interesting scenarios around those things," he said, describing some really incredible cross-game plot mechanics that we hope will become standard in video game trilogies.

Sounds like Sheppard's going to need some get-out-of-jail quotes, like "don't hate the player, hate the game" sort of thing.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Space Racist

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Ashleys boobies are just glued on :P

Anyway, Ashley and Miranda deserve to express their curiousity on ME3............. :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Yeah, I'd rather they didn't "mirandarize" Ash.  It definitely felt like they went a little overboard with making most of the female characters in ME2 bombshells.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I suddenly regret romancing Tali at the risk of great personal consequences to her when this was apparently waiting all along.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I suddenly regret romancing Tali at the risk of great personal consequences to her when this was apparently waiting all along.

Multiple playthroughs. One of my Sheps romanced Tali, the other went with Ash. My female Shep ended up with Thane.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp