Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 118709 times)

Offline newman

Mmmmmm... prejudice...
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
To be more specific - don't like the Omni-blades, the way the story seems to be going (40% of enemies are Cerberus?' f**** that!) and I cna't really see any satisfactory conclusion to the story as a whole.

Reapars are sentient super-starships, capable of bombarding a planet back to stone-age from the edge of the system. Space is the ultimate high-ground, and Shep is a ground-pounder.
Victory without a McGuffin or DeusEx Machina is impossible.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Reapars are sentient super-starships, capable of bombarding a planet back to stone-age from the edge of the system. Space is the ultimate high-ground, and Shep is a ground-pounder.
Victory without a McGuffin or DeusEx Machina is impossible.
This implies that they are not, in fact, infallible.  Shep is a ground pounder because he is one man.  But as ME2 showed, one man, at the right place, at the right time can make a difference, perhaps enough difference to change the course of the 50+ million year wheel of history that the Reapers are on.  Perhaps all it would take a slight restructuring like was done with the Geth.  Perhaps all this misery is because of a math error, they rounded down instead of up.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Luis Dias

It was said multiple times that the role of Shepard in the war was the combination of a "joiner up" of multiple different forces in the galaxy, and based upon the role of a certain captain that leaded the first bombing run against Japan just after Pearl Harbor.

This means they are scripting Shepard's role as a catalyst, not as the ultimate Chuck Norris who will be able to defeat all Reapers one at a time.

Unless they pull an independence day fiasco.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I think you're on the money there. Still, I suspect there's at least some badassery to be had, this IS Shepard we're talking about after all.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It was said multiple times that the role of Shepard in the war was the combination of a "joiner up" of multiple different forces in the galaxy, and based upon the role of a certain captain that leaded the first bombing run against Japan just after Pearl Harbor.

This means they are scripting Shepard's role as a catalyst, not as the ultimate Chuck Norris who will be able to defeat all Reapers one at a time.

Most probably outcome. The warships of other races aren't a match for the reapers. Ground forces are irrelevant in space-combat. He who controls space, controls the planet.

Shep finding out some critical weakness or some virus is the only way he can make any meaningfull contribution.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

And because the Reapers aren't stupid he's going to have to Chuck Norris at least a little when they realize their danger.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

Most probably outcome.

Unless you're on the writing staff and have access to everything we don't, stop talking out of your ass.

Offline Luis Dias

There's also the chance of major ****storm, once everyone figures out that Shepard was rebuilt using reaper technology...

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
There's also the chance of major ****storm, once everyone figures out that Shepard was rebuilt using reaper technology...

I bet you that it gets brought up within the first five minutes, during Shepard's court martial for the events in Arrival. Which apparently did sod all, because if they arrive during Shep's court martial, he delayed them for all of half an hour (not literally, but an insignificant time period)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

Hold up, hold up. What's your source for that?

A Feddie Story

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Indeed, while that would be an intriguing development, my sources haven't said ANYTHING about anything resembling a rumor of that.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Indeed, while that would be an intriguing development, my sources haven't said ANYTHING about anything resembling a rumor of that.

I seem to recall it being mentioned by Miranda at some point, she mentions that some of the cybernetics used to rebuild shepard are derived from pieces of Sovereign or something.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

HIS EYES. Honestly, I do remember reading that somewhere, and that it would be clear if you were a renegade. I think it might be... the manual? Dunno.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Most probably outcome.

Unless you're on the writing staff and have access to everything we don't, stop talking out of your ass.

Reasonable prediction, based on EA's and Biowares past performance.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Teh crazy douchbaggery on BSN is over 90000.

Oy...makes me want to avoid the game just for that.  ...  I feel dirty now.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I seem to recall it being mentioned by Miranda at some point, she mentions that some of the cybernetics used to rebuild shepard are derived from pieces of Sovereign or something.

She called it cutting-edge technology, but there's nothing like that.

Reasonable prediction, based on EA's and Biowares past performance.

Get out.

A Feddie Story

Offline Luis Dias

Hold up, hold up. What's your source for that?

To clarify the subsequent conversation, etc.: there is not, to this date, any official source for this possibility. I was speaking in a possible direction where the script of ME3 could go, pure speculation on my part.

As far as ME2 is concerned, only two "friendlies" have reaper technologies embebbed in them. The first is TIM himself, with his husk eyes, and the second is EDI, which was built using reaper tech (ME2: "it appears my design includes hardware recovered from the wreckage of sovereign") - perhaps that's what Ravenholme was remembering.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
ME3 is not gonna end in victory, its gonna end SHEPARDS STORYLINE, ME3 is the start of the war, not the end....
I hate My signature!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
And you heard that where?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns