Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 118025 times)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
And you heard that where?
Casey Hudson said so in an interview.
I hate My signature!

Offline Luis Dias

He didn't say ME3 wasn't about the end of the war, as far as I can remember. He did say ME3 was a closure for Shepard.

Offline Luis Dias

They are gonna put the creator of the Commander Shepard song in gamescon, apparently debuting a new song.

lol

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

The script probably something like "a newborn reaper with human features". If you look at the actual concept art, there were a number of designs for that thing. Whatever made them choose that particular design, it came only after the script was written, and thus after the writers had pretty much done the majority of the work they had to do.

Liquified human goo.
Your points are now invalid.

the writes for Me2 suck donkey balls.
AGAIN with the organic horror alines and redicolous bio-science that makes no sense at all. SUPER-FAIL!

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Luis Dias

Liquified human goo.

How come? Shouting that things are stupid don't make them so. Just makes you noisy.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Trashman, if you don't like Mass Effect, why don't you do us all a favour and stay out of this thread? I think that we are pretty aware of your preconceptions by now, unless you got something new to bring to the table (that is, something that we haven't discussed pages ago already), please refrain from posting.

And you heard that where?
Casey Hudson said so in an interview.

Would have been nice to have a link to that interview, you know.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
AGAIN with the organic horror alines and redicolous bio-science that makes no sense at all. SUPER-FAIL!
No matter anyone's opinion of them, at least the Bioware writers can write in coherent English.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:49:46 am by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
No matter anyone's opinion of them, at least the Bioware writers can write in coherent English.

Cheap shot when he's not a native english speaker.

However, I agree that liquified human goo being used to create a machine is ridiculous. Not in terms of if it had been rendered down into some kind of nano-assembler feedstock, no, but the fact that it somehow transferred the essence of the species to the newly-made Reaper.

That was particularly bad pulp sci-fi. Which ties into my problems with ME2 - great character arcs, godawful overarching plot. At least ME1 did a space opera epic well, ME2 was the bad "dark and edgy" sequel in terms of it's "main" plot.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
See above re: Points already discussed a few pages ago.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Summary of debate for those of you joining us:

"Human goo is terribad."

"No, what Bioware did with the Reapers in ME2 makes them scary."

"No, the Reapers were scary in ME1 and the human goo made them impossible to take seriously."

"No, the Reapers were Cylon wannabees in ME1. In ME2, Bioware brilliantly set up the Reapers for their role in ME3."

"My opinion trumps your opinion."

"My opinion trumps your opinion."

"Refer to what I said ten pages ago."

"Refer to what I said ten pages ago.

"NO U"

"NO U"

Offline Luis Dias

Except no one said that the Reapers in ME2 were "scary". I mean whatever. You guys tried to paint ME2 plot as "ridiculous" because "terminator" and "goo". My reaction is, whatever. If you are so easily distracted by those kinds of irrelevant details, that's your loss, not mine.

Okay, not "scary," merely "Cthulhoid monstrosities." I stand corrected.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Liquified human goo.

How come? Shouting that things are stupid don't make them so. Just makes you noisy.

If you can explain to me how liquified humans somehow transfer the essence of a species...please, I'm all ears.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You brought the claim, you substantiate it.  Tell us, in detail, if possible, how it's stupid beyond "I don't like it."

I was never bothered by the terminator, really. I was too enraptured by all the events going on and trying to make the right choices to get my crew through it all.
I did have to smile to have it's weak points labeled as such. Seeing people get liquefied to goo was particularly gruesome, especially to think how it's been visually hinted and in dialog itself that they made a huge milkshake out of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians for their pet project. Hints at what some/all of those Reapers represent, and how much potential data on destroyed species is lost after you kill a Reaper. Wonder if you can collect data such as history, memory, technology from the DNA of another species though...seems like a decent plot point.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Wonder if you can collect data such as history, memory, technology from the DNA of another species though...seems like a decent plot point.

About the best you could do, with a transcendent knowledge of biology, is look at the DNA of a species (term used loosely, it's unlikely that xenos would actually have DNA, but whatever their genetic carrier code is [assuming they have some]) and chart roughly what evolutionary forces were acting on them.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Luis Dias

Must I quote Arthur C Clarke?!?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Must I quote Arthur C Clarke?!?

I'll do it if you want.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You brought the claim, you substantiate it.  Tell us, in detail, if possible, how it's stupid beyond "I don't like it."

Because memory is not stored in the DNA or in meleted goo.
Nothing makes sense.

Not the reapers, not their cores, not their practices.

If you're claiming the story and writing are excellent, maybe you'd want to substantiate that?