Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 118544 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
But, crucially, it's just another way of getting that readiness level up; they've been pretty adamant that it's going to be strictly optional.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
I like the idea of Mass Effect multiplayer, Bioware has my trust that they will make it more exciting then Crysis 2 multi.
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
But can you get a desirable percentage without it would be the major question.
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
True, but this will be the testing ground for the MMO. Probably above 40% of the fans want that multi and another large group is most likely not liking it.
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I like the idea of Mass Effect multiplayer, Bioware has my trust that they will make it more exciting then Crysis 2 multi.

That'd be pretty hard given that Crysis 2 had some of the best FPS multiplayer ever made (what up Timesplitters team)

Well I think when 'The_E' said 'strictly optional' he probably meant 'strictly optional' but maybe I'm confused please clarify tia  :confused:

That'd be pretty hard given that Crysis 2 had some of the best FPS multiplayer ever made (what up Timesplitters team)

Has it still by the way? I am looking to buy Crysis 2 in some point of the near future (between today and next summer) and I am curious if there are still a lot of players active.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Well, yes. That's why I said "strictly optional". Apparently, you can get the best ending through single-player badassery alone, but you can also get there by doing some multiplayer action.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Has it still by the way? I am looking to buy Crysis 2 in some point of the near future (between today and next summer) and I am curious if there are still a lot of players active.

No, the community is completely dead. Don't bother.

I had great times with it while it lasted, but it had awful, awful security and the first patch 'balanced' out a lot of the really fun tactics anyway. Au revoir, Crysis 2 multi, you burned so bright and fast.

I will play co-op with you aitchelpee do you want to play co-op with me

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
really?  dead already?  that's crazy.  i have crysis 2 but haven't messed in multi yet.  i was really hoping the multi would be good since single was something of a step back from 1.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Hey, I play Crysis 2 multi as well. Just look for Firstdragon34. On the second hand, I play once a week. I'm not the greatest player, but I love the feeling that I'm 'with' people.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

No, the community is completely dead. Don't bother.

I had great times with it while it lasted, but it had awful, awful security and the first patch 'balanced' out a lot of the really fun tactics anyway. Au revoir, Crysis 2 multi, you burned so bright and fast.

I will play co-op with you aitchelpee do you want to play co-op with me

I will co-op with you, fo'sho. Need someone to do so with.

And sad to hear that Crysis 2 MP is dead, it was fun when it was alive.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
What is your name so I can find you and befriend you to my list of growing friends.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
really?  dead already?  that's crazy.  i have crysis 2 but haven't messed in multi yet.  i was really hoping the multi would be good since single was something of a step back from 1.
In what way? In terms of maps, they were more linear, but I felt as if the story, general gameplay, and art style was far superior than that of Crysis 1.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

From what I've heard of it, its a bit closer to a certain game called 'Half Life 2', but still quite open.

Haven't played it yet, Haven't bought it yet. Really should, I know. It probably still blows everything released in Shooter Season 2011 out of the water.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I whipped up a little mod to make the AI a bit harder, particularly the Ceph. If you want it do just let me know

The level design is weaker than the first one, and the ending isn't any stronger, but in just about every other respect it's the better game.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I whipped up a little mod to make the AI a bit harder, particularly the Ceph. If you want it do just let me know

The level design is weaker than the first one, and the ending isn't any stronger, but in just about every other respect it's the better game.

Release please, I could use something to make my next playthrough more interesting.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
This should probably be split.

In what way? In terms of maps, they were more linear, but I felt as if the story, general gameplay, and art style was far superior than that of Crysis 1.

The game mechanics were hit and miss for me.  I'd rather have a health bar than have my screen blur out and turn red (a LITTLE of that at critical health would be alright).  The gun control felt wonky, especially when using scopes.  The ACOG was SOOOOOOO twitchy I stopped using it.  Shooting from the hip felt very poor with pistols and smg/rifles.  I generally liked the pushbutton stealth and armor suit modes, but HATED the "auto" strength mode.  I liked the 4 distinct suit modes better.  Stealth kill and silenced shots in stealth mode were a nice addition.  Removal of prone was NOT.  Binoculars were not as good, and the 'tac assessment' thing seemed pointless and highly forced.  I wanted my 2 primary guns and sidearm back.  I really liked the wide variety of weapons, but not the customization restrictions.  Pingers were irritating as ****.  I was quite impressed with the PC port, and crytek continues to prove their worth as developers.  I could still detect traces of consolitis, but it wasn't the pile of crap that's come to be expected of console ports, and it didn't really impact my enjoyment of the game.  I was expecting much worse.  The main thing that got me was the bright and glowy graphics and the soft focus.  I wasn't really bothered all that much by the more linear levels.  It maintained a pretty well acceptable level of free-roam and different options for the most part of the game, just not the epicly wide-open levels of Far Cry and Crysis 1.  To be honest though, even in those I end up taking similar routes, because you can add a lot more room to roam in, but there's only so much that makes sense in attacking an objective. 

I try not to judge too much on story since it is highly objective, but I have to say it barely felt like a continuation of Crysis.  The whole Hargrieve (sp?) puppet master thing came WAY out of left field, and the Ceph were the same aliens as 1 in name only.  The city atmosphere was strange to me.  I was given the impression that it was supposed to be a highly populated city under quarrantine and martial law (at least for the beginning stages) with all those radio reports and various other cues giving the impression of civilians in the mix of it all, but during gameplay it's completely deserted except for a few randomly placed quarrantine points and a couple of areas of infected civilians. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Crysis has its flaws, yes, but I loved it because:

1. The story was better then your traditional shoots

2. The graphics were awesome, but use some work. (My character doesn't reflect!) :wtf:

3. The human AI and the Ceph could use some work as well.

Okay, on one I might be a little ignorant. Mass Effect doesn't fall into this category. :P

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I'd rather have a health bar than have my screen blur out and turn red (a LITTLE of that at critical health would be alright).
What. I'm pretty sure I had a health bar in my Crysis 2, dunno wtf you were playing.

The gun control felt wonky, especially when using scopes. The ACOG was SOOOOOOO twitchy I stopped using it.
I had no problem with it, it felt nice and smooth on my end.

Shooting from the hip felt very poor with pistols and smg/rifles.
Well yeah, of course it would. You sacrifice accuracy for being able to shoot on the move and such. I don't see the issue here.

I generally liked the pushbutton stealth and armor suit modes, but HATED the "auto" strength mode.  I liked the 4 distinct suit modes better.
I actually thought the powers were handled much better in Crysis 2, strength and speed mode always being on. It both made those modes more useful and micromanaging powers a lot less of an issue.

Binoculars were not as good, and the 'tac assessment' thing seemed pointless and highly forced.
I dunno, I found the binoculars far more useful in Crysis 2 because of the tac assessment thing, it allowed you to see what you're up against and plan accordingly, and you could easily just ignore it just the same.

I wanted my 2 primary guns and sidearm back.
I honestly can't disagree here.

I really liked the wide variety of weapons, but not the customization restrictions.
Are you kidding me? That's something that should have been done in Crysis 1 too, as it not only separates the guns further, and makes them more distinct, it make a hell of a lot more sense too.

Pingers were irritating as ****.
Um, yeah. It was basically a miniboss bro, of course it'll be irritating.

I was quite impressed with the PC port, and crytek continues to prove their worth as developers.  I could still detect traces of consolitis, but it wasn't the pile of crap that's come to be expected of console ports, and it didn't really impact my enjoyment of the game.  I was expecting much worse.
lol consolitis, really? I shouldn't need to go in depth on how silly such a claim about anything is.

The main thing that got me was the bright and glowy graphics and the soft focus.
In a positive or negative way? You're rather unclear here.

I try not to judge too much on story since it is highly objective, but I have to say it barely felt like a continuation of Crysis.  The whole Hargrieve (sp?) puppet master thing came WAY out of left field, and the Ceph were the same aliens as 1 in name only.  The city atmosphere was strange to me.  I was given the impression that it was supposed to be a highly populated city under quarrantine and martial law (at least for the beginning stages) with all those radio reports and various other cues giving the impression of civilians in the mix of it all, but during gameplay it's completely deserted except for a few randomly placed quarrantine points and a couple of areas of infected civilians.
It IS three years after the end of Crysis 1, so that'd be why it's quite different. About the city, of course it'd be like that, most people not under military protection or in quarrantine would have likely been killed off by the Ceph or the infection.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

What planet you from son?

The story was HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. And the continuity with C1 is nowhere to be seen. It's worse than Transformers 2 for f****s sake!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!