Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 850560 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I love the homeworld influence in the designs, i love it!

EA beam cannon technology (or "flux cannons" as I like to call them) is quite different from those used by the GTVA, since they have no Vasudan-influenced technology.  Instead it is a proprietary design based off of the Lucifer's flux cannons from the wreckage and perfected over the course of INFA.  It is supposed to be weaker on a per-shot basis but use less power and thus can fire faster (currently not balanced).

Really always seem to remeber the EA beams being more powerfull than the GTVA's in R1, in the first mission i can rem that the
Phobos corvette would take a huge amount of damage from the 2 ea cruisers if you didn't act fast enough.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline mr.WHO

EA beam cannon technology (or "flux cannons" as I like to call them) is quite different from those used by the GTVA, since they have no Vasudan-influenced technology.  Instead it is a proprietary design based off of the Lucifer's flux cannons from the wreckage and perfected over the course of INFA.  It is supposed to be weaker on a per-shot basis but use less power and thus can fire faster (currently not balanced).

SO this means that  both EA and GTVA beams are diffrent approach to reverse-engineered shivan beams ( that have both crazy amount of dammage and machinegun fire rate)   :)

One might think that if EA and GTVA would cooperate in beam technology they might create something that would actually have fighting chance with Shivan beams <hint for INF SCP story ;)  >

I seem to recall the Beam Cannon Arrays on most EA ships being rather large compared to their GTVA contemporaries. Maybe thats how they compensate this damage loss?

Also, I like them being referred to as Flux Cannons. Makes sense, really.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Aye your right Flux cannons does make more sense than beam weapons.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The name comes from the FS1 nomenclature for the Shivan Super Laser.

The name comes from the FS1 nomenclature for the Shivan Super Laser.

Exactly why I said it makes sense. GTVA beam weaponry is built up on Shivan Beam weapon Theory - they had no Flux Cannons to take apart and study (Unless Inferno canon states that FS1 era Shivans used beams aside from the Lucifer. I forget). Therefore, GTVA beam weapons, while being similar to the Lucifer's Flux Cannons, probably don't actually utilize the same method of operation, and as such don't get the same designation.

Now, the EA on the other hand had, at the very least, the wreckage of the Lucifer's Flux cannons, and I really don't think it's too much of a stretch for one of the Lucifer's arms to have survived the blast, like in the FS1 end cutscene. Therefore, the EA has an actual, semi intact set of Flux weapons to research and back-engineer to create their beams, meaning that their beam weaponry can have the Flux Cannon moniker applied to it.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Actually it makes more sense now I think of it to make EA beam cannons overpowered but power-inefficient with a low RoF, thus forcing the EA to complement their flux cannons with ballistic missiles.

-R

That would be interesting.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
:pimp:

Please excuse the ugliness: No shine/env maps.  WIP normal maps.

-R

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I've only seen this ship in a video titled Infernoe4, and they seems like beasts, what do they do?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's probably Danta or Andra [or something other]. I'm not sure but I recognize the shape. I'm not fan of textures of your shivan fighters and bombers, but this model looks awesome :yes:.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I'm not fan of textures of your shivan fighters and bombers, but this model looks awesome :yes:.

Yeah well you'll have to make due w/ the software package you're given and familiar with (in my case, PSP6), which isn't much compared to some of the more advanced suites out there in terms of vector art (what we use to draw in the little details), etc.

The fighter is the SF Incubus, and the original artist of the mesh is Bobboau.  We inherited the model a long while back.

-R

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
We had this for awhile now and it was never properly pimped, so :pimp:

-R

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That shinemap is grody.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I think it's just showcasing the texture as of now.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
The design is hard to really see (black hull on a black background, eh), but this looks like a terran design with shivan textures to me. Don't ask me why.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
That shinemap is grody.

We (well, I) lack the proper graphics software to make shine maps.

-R

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

-R

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Bunny bomber.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras