Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 848750 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Personally, I think the best chapter of S:AH was the first one. I liked it, especially the second-to-last mission. Definitive music + Big fight = Cool mission.

First of all Phobos and Deimos aren't so close aech other like in SA:H...
Or so small...

How large are they in S:AH? I know they're.... what 12 miles or so long? About half the size of the Gargant? :lol:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The size of the NTF Boadicea. So that's 1.568 kilometers, less than an Orion. :doubt:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I've started to add some other large objects for use with INFA

I plan to add the Martian moons Phobos and Deimos, as well as trans-Neptunian objects Sedna and Quaoar

I may add some of Jupiters moons as well if I can find decent images.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 09:05:34 am by Woomeister »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Pretty. :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The $r Phobos and $r Deimos moons were converted into asteroid-installations in the first few days of space colonisation, initially for mining and for a platform in between $r Mars itself and the rest of $b Sol. Now, they serve in a military function as a second command centre for the $r Republic. The leaders of $r Mars will undoubtedly flee to $r Phobos and $r Deimos in case of their primary HQ being destroyed, so it is important we take out their bolthole before they have the opportunity to use it.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Mars and both moons:

All the new background stuff has been added to the stars.tbl and will be in INFA, though won't be used till later.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Happy pretty. :)

I am probably going to be smited for this, but I didn't really like S:AH. The missions were good, but they were very unrealistic and looked... Patched together. Seeing the Darkness right beside a Fenris looked akward. Why did only the Earth Alliance/GTA evolve and not Mars, Jupiter, Neptune and Pluto? Are they stupid? There was no in-between development in between the Hercules, BAM, you've got a Claymore. I really didn't like it. The first chapter was no doubt the best in my opinion.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That'll be a bit of a problem for INFA2 as well, as I'm not willing to design an entire new fleet for the Jovians just because the EA gets a lot of new toys. However they already have one new capship, bomber and I'm working on a vesivius variant for them, and they get all the INFA stuff too so they aren't flying all great war relics.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Can we have a screeny of the new destroyer? Or is that classified too? If there were Vasudans in INF:A2, then this would start to sound like MindGames, just without all the Starborn business.

Perhaps the Jovians have a Fenris-style Hades.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The fenris style ship in the INFA2 teaser I posted somewhere is their new destroyer. There won't be any other images of it for quite some time.
No Vasudans as its still set in Sol.

If I complete this new fighter the only FS1 ship that they use will be the Valkyrie, since I don't have an interceptor model for them.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So a FreeSpace 1 style Vesuvius? Will there be pics of this baby?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well it's kind of looking like an Antaeus Mk II now than the Vesuvius...

I'll texture it in the morning then add a cockpit.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Looks like a hybrid of the Valk/Angel and a Herc/Aantaeus...

Antaeus Mk II

What's that's nickname? Herc 1.5.2 :lol:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It'll get a unique name, I won't call it the Antaeus mark II, though I may mention that in the tech description.

They'll have:
Enceladus
Valkyrie
Antaeus
Antaeus 2

Apollyon
Callisto
Medusa
Ursa
Zelos

Compared to:
Claymore I
Stentor
Nyx
Svalin

Aetna
Peregrine
Leda
Gagana

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oooh, EA ships now... I guess this will have to be for INF SCP as it requires EA stuff... :sigh:

So how many years/months/days/hours/seconds after INF:A does this take place?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well it's currently running on top of the INFA hybrid on my FS2 retail install. I haven't tried it with INF SCP yet.

I haven't decided on what I'm going to do for the start. I may start you off using the INFA stuff and bring the EA stuff in gradually, though if I do that the campaign will need to be a decade or so long.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I haven't decided on what I'm going to do for the start. I may start you off using the INFA stuff and bring the EA stuff in gradually, though if I do that the campaign will need to be a decade or so long.

Personally, I don't really like campaigns that stretch over a long period of time. I like the type of campaign that is fast-paced and action-y. But I don't really care as long as it has lots of dogfighting and less scanning subsystems. 8)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Done.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
J... Jovian?