Author Topic: RELEASE: The Exodus- Updated Missions  (Read 4631 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
RELEASE: The Exodus- Updated Missions
Command has ordered a full Allied retreat from the nebula. The 409th Flaming Dragons have been assigned to cover the last remaining ships as they cross the Knossos portal, everyone else will be left behind. Make sure they are all accounted for, and make it out alive.

This isn't really a campaign, it's really one mission and an outro, but I needed something to keep me occupied :)

Features

- New Menu Music
- New Electro-Rock Soundtrack
- Moar sh1v4n5

Requires

- 3.6.10 R1 Builds
- 3.6.10 MVPs
- A decent computer (obviously)

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.513

Feedback Welcome, props to tester(s)

If you want them, updated missions are here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ff2c477ab9b516f88c9e7c56ba37815f3e56c2517536386e

Fixed a few faults in the missions, and made the end a bit more "interesting" :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:10:16 am by Dilmah G »

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Downloaded, of course. :)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

Offline Nuclear1

I liked it! :D I was waiting for some fierce Shivan assault in the second mission to repel, but just went "awww" when I was ordered to dock.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I liked it! :D I was waiting for some fierce Shivan assault in the second mission to repel, but just went "awww" when I was ordered to dock.

:) Thanks

Hmmm, maybe I should "revamp" the 2nd mission ;)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
SHIVAN AMBUSH!

Offline eliex

DL'ing now - looks good so far.  :)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
DL'ing now - looks good so far.  :)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Just to let you know you have it so they say GTD Calais but the ship that jumps in is named GTD Phoenicia, and then in sector is still refered to as Calais.

lol Alpha 1 can die on that part. ;7
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 09:25:29 am by Commander Zane »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Just to let you know you have it so they say GTD Calais but the ship that jumps in is named GTD Phoenicia, and then in sector is still refered to as Calais.

lol Alpha 1 can die on that part. ;7

Oh sh*t

I'll get on that tomorrow

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: RELEASE: The Exodus- Updated Missions
 :bump:

Updated missions available :P

Think of it as version 2.1

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
A bit more interesting, oh really? :P
I'll look at that now.

That's good, though I believe the dramatic factor could be a bit greater with an actual attack force rather than a scouting unit.

By the way...the Dock with "Phoenicia" objective still needs to be fixed. :lol:
****, forgot to check for Alpha 1's invulnerability. :wakka:

Still killed him. ;7
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 03:35:16 am by Commander Zane »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
A bit more interesting, oh really? :P
I'll look at that now.

That's good, though I believe the dramatic factor could be a bit greater with an actual attack force rather than a scouting unit.

By the way...the Dock with "Phoenicia" objective still needs to be fixed. :lol:
****, forgot to check for Alpha 1's invulnerability. :wakka:

Still killed him. ;7

Ohhhh SH*T!!!!!!!!!

Okay, stay tuned for version 2.2 :P

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Okay HERE we go

I fixed that too, it's in the same place as the other updated files :) And I added another Shivan Wing at the end :P

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Something random, but would you ever consider making custom soundtracks to replace the original missions soundtrack? :)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Something random, but would you ever consider making custom soundtracks to replace the original missions soundtrack? :)

Well I don't create the soundtracks myself, but with the music I can do tabling and what-not.

I've been playing Freespace since I was 6 years old, so the retail tracks are kinda getting old :P

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Well I don't know how long that is, but I've played it since release. :P
Yeah, if you used the music you had and made a replacement table that would be sweet.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well I don't know how long that is, but I've played it since release. :P
Yeah, if you used the music you had and made a replacement table that would be sweet.

I'll consider that actually, do you think I should post the question Freespace Discussion and get a general opinion on the idea?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
If you got enough props for the music you used on the missions you've made so far and people know about those missions, there probably wouldn't be any problem. Making a replacement table for the mission music would more or less be something to do "for the lulz." I'd probably use it though. :nod:

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
If you got enough props for the music you used on the missions you've made so far and people know about those missions, there probably wouldn't be any problem. Making a replacement table for the mission music would more or less be something to do "for the lulz." I'd probably use it though. :nod:

Oh true :)

Well at least a few people knew about High Noon, Exodus has slipped a bit under the radar but then again I'm not exactly famous :P
Yeah I'll what people think and put one together