Author Topic: RELEASE: GTSD Bastion  (Read 7229 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Uhm, I have a question! The release thread says GTSD, but the table says GTVDn. Which one is believable?

I'm nothing to do with inf but I would say both can be applied, SD is a cannon designation from the Lucifer (SSD) but using dreadnought to designate a super destroyer/ship that exceeds destroyer scale also works, SD works better for one off ships in my opinion and Dn works better for a more mass produced class.  GTV says to me that the design is not specific to either species but to the GTVA as a whole so if you want to use it as an Orion replacement then you can go GTDn.  It's one of those what ever works for you moments.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Uhm, I have a question! The release thread says GTSD, but the table says GTVDn. Which one is believable?
GTVDn was the original designation from the United Space campaign, so I changed it back when I updated the model for the missing textures.

headdie, thanks for the heads up, but I was just interested what name to add to the wiki :lol:
thanks woo, I'll leave it to SD

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
As I understood the expanded FS naming scheme, a Dreadnaught is a ship of destroyer class or larger, which is primarily a gun-equipped ship, with either no fighterbay at all, or only a very small one that can carry the bare minimum of fightercraft, or perhaps just for carrying escape pod and shuttles.  Think of it more like a large corvette.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Well, the way I see it, the Dreadnought is supposed to be stronger than a superdestroyer, but that's a matter of PoV.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Actually I'm pretty sure the already-in FreeSpace counterpart of dreadnought is the superdestroyer class.

Though they usually feature something new, like the Lucifer with its shield system and beam cannons, also the Hades which is the only real terran-shivan hybrid, it uses Shivan technology (including weapons) on a Terran hull.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Snail

• SC 5
None of this is canon, it's up for whomever wants to use it to decide.