Author Topic: Freespace Music Remixes  (Read 265452 times)

Offline Danimal

• Parallax Studios
Re: Freespace Music Remixes
Hello again,

I'm not finished yet. As I wait to release all of the afore mentioned Freespace 1 remaster tracks - Here is a taste of something I've been working on in the same flavor.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-wentz/eridani-prime-demo-1

More where it came from

-
Dan

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It sounds like a "brink of doomsday" kind of briefing track, like this is the last shot before the Shivans knock down the front door. Kind of like how Cinema2 was more frantic, but still a sort of "we're at the cusp".
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Definitely.

That midi instrument at the start, I can imagine it with a string synth sounding even more ominous.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Danimal

• Parallax Studios
Ok - All the download links for remastered Freespace music are finally up!

https://danwentz.hearnow.com/

Offline hxazgalor

• Anything but Shivan
    • My Blog
Ok - All the download links for remastered Freespace music are finally up!

https://danwentz.hearnow.com/

Hell yeah!

On another note, Mr Wentz, would you be ok with your music being used as part of a mod? Bit of a silly question, I know, but want your input first before anything else. Do hit me up if anything! :)
"Stars looking at a planet
Watching entropy and pain
And maybe start to wonder how
The chaos in our lives could pass as sane"
~ Switchfoot, 'Stars'

Offline n3v

Are these going to be used in the official Freespace 2 SCP? And any chance of remastering with live instruments

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Are these going to be used in the official Freespace 2 SCP? And any chance of remastering with live instruments

Probably not. They're not really set up to be used as music in the game. They're continuous tracks with no spacing between phrases like there were for the originals. It wouldn't sound as good. He's also selling these tracks, so it would probably be in bad form to put these in-game, even if he is doing this because he likes the community and his old work. It would be the same as piracy.

Real instruments? Are you kidding? The answer is no in that regard as well, but this is probably the closest Dan can get to real instruments through a DAW.

I do wonder if a FreeSpace 2 remaster in the same vein is planned, though.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:24:54 am by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Are these going to be used in the official Freespace 2 SCP?

Probably not. They're not really set up to be used as music in the game. They're continuous tracks with no spacing between phrases like there were for the originals. It wouldn't sound as good. He's also selling these tracks, so it would probably be in bad form to put these in-game, even if he is doing this because he likes the community and his old work. It would be the same as piracy.

wat?? :wtf:

Most of them already are. Aside from the newer version of "Phantoms" and the new FS1 end cutscene music, these are the same tracks that have been featured on Dan's soundcloud and in the MVPs.

My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Most of them already are. Aside from the newer version of "Phantoms" and the new FS1 end cutscene music, these are the same tracks that have been featured on Dan's soundcloud and in the MVPs.

...uh, no? :wtf: The ones on Soundcloud are the old remastered tracks. He released new ones that you buy on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon... His Hear Now link directs you to the new tracks. :V
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 01:58:25 pm by Cobra »

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam

...uh, no? :wtf: The ones on Soundcloud are the old remastered tracks. He released new ones that you buy on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon... His Hear Now link directs you to the new tracks. :V

Re-read my post, most of the tracks that you buy on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon... (and his YouTube!) are the same as the old remastered tracks on Soundcloud.

I know this because I listened to all of them.

"Liberation" and "Phantoms" are the only ones that are different.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299