Author Topic: New basic outline...  (Read 4523 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
From the man who brought you the HLP Movie, comes...

A MYSTERIOUS CAMPAIGN OUTLINE!!!! (working title :D)

Celestial Bodies and Phenominon, The Monark Lights.

The light is celstial wonder, visible from only specific places. What it was, scientists have failed to find out. All they know was that a intesnse light would bloom into being in specific areas for a few minutes every few years, accompanyied by intense gravimetric distortions. Their pace had been quicking in rate until, finally, after the destruction of Capella, they could be viewed from a planet’s surface in every system in GTVA space. Some lights were recorded in the Deneb nebulae, however, these are thought to have been related to the random explosions when two volatile gasses come into contact, so these sightings have no bearing on the case at hand.
   Scientists originally theorized that the lights had something to do with the Shivans, however, this theory has been abandoned, due to sightings both after and before the two shivan incursions. Whether or not these lights are artificial or not remains to be seen, however, some ships have been lost to them, as they were sucked to the center by the gravity’s pull. After which, about 200 meters away from the center, the entire ship would vanish, and search crews have been unable to find any debris.
   That is, until one such incident where a new class of ship, the GTG Illiad, ,equipped with a new type of subspace communication device, managed to get one last transmission out before contact was lost. The last words of the captain and crew are recorded here:

Begin Transmission…
Waiting…
Waiting…
Contact Established, receiving data…
Checking authorization…
Authorization received, welcome to GTA-Net…

Captain: This is the GTG Illiad, reporting an emergency! We are being pulled into the center of a Monark Light! Helm control is unusable, and the forward portion of the ship fails to respond!

Crew Member: Captain! We’re nearing the center of the phenomenon…sir, there’s something in there!

Captain: What? There can’t be, that’s not possible!

Crew Member: Sir, it’s true! There’s something inside the phenomenon…wait…we’re getting something on visual…Here it is, sir.

Captain: Oh my Go------

End of Transmission due to unknown causes…

So now we know two things: one, there is something at the center f these phenomenon. Two, it’s obviously not affected by the incredible gravitiational waves incurred by this phenomenon.
However, here comes the hard part: is it friendly, or enemy? And what is it? We don’t know for sure. All we have is one last picture, taken by the Illiad, just as it was about to be destroyed. However, this picture is classified at the highest level. One can only wonder why.

Now, I know what you're thinking: Evil aliens come to destroy the GTVA, and take over their space, but GTVA wins against (seemingly) impossible odds.
Just so you know, you are very, very wrong.

Stay tuned to this channel...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 08:21:50 pm by 368 »

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I just decided that probably wasn't the most, uhm, suspenseful thing ever written on HLP.  The only problem is, I can't write much without telling all my ideas. If anyone wants to know, PM me, and I can give a basic outline.
But you have to be quiet about the details. It's ok to post, "that sounds cool" or, "That is the dumbest $hit I have ever heard" ;)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Wait so are you actually putting a camp together? Cuz that might make a neat minicamp (20 missions or so) or a full camp if you have enough ideas.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Open File 00493: 4494

Court File: John C. Stennis.
Charge: Conspiracy against the GTVA.
Plead: Guilty.
Convicted: Guilty.
Sentence: Exile to Deneb.

From the Personal Diaries of John C. Stennis, 11/4/2250:

At last, the trial is over. Now, I can begin with my experiment. The GTVA has become bloated, too sure of itself. But now, now that they are releasing me to Deneb, I can begin my work. All I shall have at first is my small pod, but not for long.
I have friends in many places…

11/20/2251

I have been released into the wild, after 3 days of subspace, and 13 of traveling in normal space to my release point.. I am currently spinning through the A quadrant of the nebulae. The GTD Aquitane, the ship that has expulsed me into my expected tomb, has just warped out. They obviously know this place is a Shivan hotbed. They wouldn’t be so quick to leave if they knew my friends are arriving.

Perhaps I should clarify, for the sake of boredom, if anything.
There is a war going on. I don’t mean the one that the Vasudan prime minister is conducting against the rebel troops on Pohtan, or the Terran admirals playing hide-and-seek with the remaining NTF forces. No, this war is invisible. It’s being fought right under our noses, and the casualty list is growing.
Humans, bah. We are nothing to this war’s combatants. We are merely test subjects, for them to use their weapons against as trial runs. Without a doubt, the GTVA is probably the weakest force in the universe. It shall soon perish, along with humanity.
A shadow falls over my ship… It is time to leave. My friends have arrived.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
EDIT: Removed for story purposes. I.E.: Unless there is serious objection, I got some comments and aren't going to follow this path of the campaign. ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2002, 10:55:48 am by 368 »

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
hmmm Arnev's persona sounds liek it would go really well if it were replaced with bosch's name :D Salvation being an Alliance with the shivans against a bigger threat looming towards the Alliance.

but its your story, and it soudns good. Although you need to checkl the dates a bit :)

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I never figured out the correct dates for the FS2 timeline.

BTW, you're wrong. It's not what you think :D

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
meh.. sounded cool to me :p ;)

and the dates.. well for the Aquit to be there. id say between 2363 and 2367 (2367 was when FS2 took place. FS1 was in 2335)

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Solatar

Most of fs1 was in 2334 wasn't it? The Lucifer was destroyed at the end of February.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
nope.. i don't beleive so. Check the intro.

I beleive they show the date there. Thator in the first CB

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Solatar

Eve of destruction takes plane on Janurary tenth, Operation Thresher was probably in January also.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
whatever :rolleyes:
More (maybe) coming soon...
As soon as I'm done blasting **** in Aquanox

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
BTW, how's my storytelling? Do I need any work? Reading over it, I think it's a little too quick-paced, do I need to change that?

You're giving a lot away.. I like where this is going if they are connected. When I finished my background page it will only give the reader the infomation that would be commonly known for a pilot starting the mod. (4 years worth of info).
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I probably shouldn't have posted so much about it, but I still have some tricks up my sleeve (mostly they would be revealed mid-way into the campaign, if it ever gets started)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Historical Data.

With the disappearance of it’s leader, the NTF split into numerous small factions, with what little ships they have managed to salvage and find. As such, they have failed to present a united front against the GTVA forces which oppose them.
This has caused them to once again seek the help of the Shivans.  However, they want no part of it this time, as shown by the recorded footage of the shivans attacking any NTF ships that have come to bargain with them.
This has lead to some speculation on what exactly happened to Bosh 14 years ago, and what is happening to the Shivans now.
Before these events took place, it was generally assumed that Bosch was taken as a “guest,” not as a prisoner. However, now we think that Bosch was taken captive and killed.
This only leads to more questions…What was Bosch doing with ETAK? Was he getting too close to something? We can only wonder…

From the Personal Diaries of NTF Captain Nicholas Graham, captain of the NTD Impervious.

1/5/2382

I can only imagine what is going on with our fellow comrades in GTVA space. From what I have heard, we are losing, and badly. We sought sanctuary here, in Deneb, however, we cannot hide for long. Our scout ships detected a Terran Destroyer that warped in here on an unknown mission a few days ago, however, they left in a hurry…
We also detected a small object that was launched from the ship. However, we lost it when a large gas cloud enveloped it, shielding it from our sensors. My intel officer says it was most likely destroyed…
We are currently moving to the outskirts of the nebulae, for we need to get a transmission out to the rest of our forces, to re-group here.
However, we are having troubles. Numerous sightings of the “Monark Lights,” out in deep space, have been recorded. There have even been a few in the nebulae, but we’re just chalking that up to the “Explosive Gases” theory.
These sightings have made us change our course repeatedly, to avoid the gravitational pull. The most dangerous thing we have to worry about are when the gravity fields pull a large section of the nebulae towards us. If any of these hit us before we are prepared, it would carry the force  likened to that of  a small nuclear bomb, as the molecules are traveling at the speed of light.
I must sign off now, I have business to attend to.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2002, 08:56:11 am by 368 »

Offline Anaz

:shaking:

ok...at the beginning it wasn't very suspenseful...but it is now....

:shaking:

/me wants...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Would anyone be willing to help if this turned into an actual campaign? (not saying that it will, but if enough ppl are interested in it, I might totally flesh out the idea enough for one)

EDIT: Here's some small info on the GTVA:

Historical Data: The GTVA.

Founded out of war, the GTVA has managed to survive for more than 20 years, through countless wars and battles. And, as the years have passed, the firm grip between the two races has even solidified further. Except for some medium-size rebellions, the GTVA has been at a state of total piece. Following the Second Great War, the GTVA has decreased production on military hardware.
However, they have learned from past mistakes. While their standing military strength has decreased, they have upped spending on all technological improvements. Now, the GTVA has at it’s command a smaller, faster, stronger fleet of the mightiest warships ever made. Super-capital ships can move as fast as destroyers, and can wield firepower equal to that of a small nova. Fighters are faster than ever before, and weaponry has been vastly improved. All of this has been specifically tailored to destroy the shivans, should they ever show up again in any system.
As for politics, there was a fascist movement of Gamma 9, however, this was easily destroyed by Admiral Johannis, of the 8th fleet. The vasudans have had minor problems, and an emporer was almost assassinated by a rougue Hammer of Light agent, but, again, that was dealt with.
With the advent of advances in sub-space communication technology, and super-fast subspace travel, commerce has boomed. Of all the ships in space out there today, over 40% of them are luxury craft. Now is the best time to be a GTVA citizen, or be in it’s military.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2002, 01:30:41 pm by 368 »

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
*twidles thumbs and waits for comments*

sounds like a god story, at least different from most campaign storys about piracy and disasters and such. i wish i could help but i haven't got enough time and if you look at my sig, you'll understand
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm