Author Topic: Warp out effect ideas?  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Warp out effect ideas?
I'm stuck right now at deciding how I should make a warp-out for my campaign. It uses a completely different system from Freespace, called "Breakdown", where a Control Unit (CU) breaks down and seperates the individual molecules and atoms of a ship into sub-atomic particles, where one particle can exist in two points of space at the same time, or instantly jump from one point to another (actual quantum physics).

Anyway, this happens, and the ship is transfered, sub-atomically, to it's destination.

Now, my problem is, what should this look like? It has to be reasonably fast (about as fast, or a little slower, than standard FS2 warp-out). I was thinking of the ship gradually becoming more and more transparant, but I thought, meh, that doesn't look that great.

Ideas?

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
warp the sucker :p
I hate My signature!

Warp it (st style) or hyperspace it (SW style)... Then give it to us! (for the project), otherwise if you want to get wierd do a stargate (SG-1 Style).

Better yet remember Buck Rogers? They had the coolest stargates! Use those....
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
The problem is, I have to make it sort of look like it's being disintigrated into nothing, then transported somwehere else.

And buck rogers? What stargates?

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Make the ship grow bright white, then quickly 'dissolve' it into fading particles in some way.

Or glow then rapidly shrink it.........

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
Question: If you were somehow able to transform sub atomic particles to your destination, how would you be able to instantaneously transform the persons soul. I mean, not to spoil your idea but the person would be dead at the other side.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
There is no soul. You are a mass of chemicals.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
if you were a coder I'd tell you to generate a bunch of random particles upon it's hull going off in some random direction
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Phantom

Wouldn't it be a case of just disappearing completely? ie nowarp effect? The only alternative I can think of would be the ship flickering between being there completely, being gone completely, being there completely... until it's gone.

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
Try the Descent II warp effect :D

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Exactly!
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Cloak 'em, then have them warp out with no warp effect. Extra sexping, but not impossible.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Season 2 of buck rogers blew chunks! (except for HAWK, he DA MAN!)... And that God awful sailor suit they made Wilma wear (shudder :shaking: )...

In season 1 they went everywhere in their starfighters via stargates in each system (like our nodes) in fact I bet FS got the node concept from Buck Rogers!!! What do you think? that could be a kick in the head! ;)

Plus I always loved that graphic!!!
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Descent II warp effect? Have a link plz? (never played #2 :))

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
A link.... i cant help you with dat, but what basically happens is the ship comes to a complete stop, the dude presses a button and this orangy sphere forms around the ship and then it flashes for a second and disappears the way you turn a TV off.

Warp in: The Sphere forms again, then disappares with the ship inside it.